Spike

Jorge Mendes is pushing through a move to Chelsea, apparently.

Hi friend!

Yes, according to the Spanish digital newspaper "El Confidencial" Griezmann representative, Jorge Mendes, he is trying to bring Griezmann with us for next season.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2015-05-12/jorge-mendes-mueve-sus-hilos-para-llevar-a-griezmann-al-chelsea-de-mourinho_791483/

"El Confidencial" says:

1. Jorge Mendes is preparing the signing of Chelsea Griezmann.

2. Griezmann clause could be more or less 65 million euros (£ 46.66 million pounds) although it is a confidential clause.

3. Simeone does not consider Griezmann as an untouchable player. in fact Simeone like to have a similar forward as Diego Costa.

4. Real Sociedad, the former team of Griezmann, would have taken the 20% of the money from their clause. Real Sociedad is a small club coached by Moyes and perhaps us we could reach agreements with them to give players on loan.

5. Filipe Luis would form part of the operation.

Regards.

Vietto, apparently.

No, not Vietto. He's only been at Villarreal for a year. Would be sad to see him go so quickly.

Hi friend!

Yes, according to the Spanish digital newspaper "El Confidencial" Griezmann representative, Jorge Mendes, he is trying to bring Griezmann with us for next season.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2015-05-12/jorge-mendes-mueve-sus-hilos-para-llevar-a-griezmann-al-chelsea-de-mourinho_791483/

"El Confidencial" says:

1. Jorge Mendes is preparing the signing of Chelsea Griezmann.

2. Griezmann clause could be more or less 65 million euros (£ 46.66 million pounds) although it is a confidential clause.

3. Simeone does not consider Griezmann as an untouchable player. in fact Simeone like to have a similar forward as Diego Costa.

4. Real Sociedad, the former team of Griezmann, would have taken the 20% of the money from their clause. Real Sociedad is a small club coached by Moyes and perhaps us we could reach agreements with them to give players on loan.

5. Filipe Luis would form part of the operation.

Regards.

Jorge Mendes is his agent. That does change things.

I find it hard to believe the club would be willing to pay that much though, after just one great season. Just under Torres, and Torres' £50m transfer was the equivalent of €60 mil back in 2011. But who knows...

That number is insane. I like him but I'm not sure if buying him for his buyout fee plus the taxes associated with it are the best options we have available to us. He'd be our record signing, and while he'd be markedly better than Torres paying over 50M for a 2nd striker or to play him out of position is not what I call prudent.

His first touch, finishing and movement are EXQUISITE! And I would like to think that he possesses enough skill to come off the right flank and be effective but I haven't seen enough to make me a believer. Having said that, as another striking option off the bench he would be fantastic! At what price though?

But If we give them Luis back, it wouldnt be 60m euros, probably 35-40m+Luis would be a good deal for both sides.

Luis has said more than once that he wants to stay. But even if he would agree to go, do you really think he's worth 25-30 mil to Atletico? The article posted stated a 65 mil clause. You'd think his value has decreased after his €20 mil move (or something like that) to Chelsea. Or you're thinking they would agree for less than the clause.

His buyout clase is 26 million pounds. It is not 46. If I am not mistake his price is 33 million euros or 35?

I read that a while back too, but it doesn't make sense. He was bought for €30 mil, so a clause for €30-35 mil is insanity.

Luis has said more than once that he wants to stay. But even if he would agree to go, do you really think he's worth 25-30 mil to Atletico? The article posted stated a 65 mil clause. You'd think his value has decreased after his €20 mil move (or something like that) to Chelsea. Or you're thinking they would agree for less than the clause.

I think they could agree for less, in case Griezmann wants the move, yes. I think our relationship with Atletico could make it easier as long the two sides agree with the basics (Griezmann moving).

But i think no one really knows what the clause is, weeks ago THE SAME source wrote its about 30m, what happend in a few weeks?

The one thing we absolutley need to add to our squad is a goal scoring midfielder. It's no wonder we started to struggle for goals once Schurlle left and Oscar got out of form. Having just Eden and Costa to score goals (from open play) is too predictable and easily countered by opposing teams.

I read people thinking the likes of Koke will transform our squad but he is just another supporting player (albeit a great one) but he will find it hard to assist for goals if we have so few players actually looking for one. Therefore i believe someone like Griezmann will have a much bigger impact on the team so I am all for this one, even if he would cost quite a hefty sum of money.

But considering we only paid 32M for Costa, who was arguably their most important player I don't think we will spend much more on Griezmann

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You