Spike

Griezmann is the signing we need. As Right-Winger or N.9. A TOP player, versatile and able to make a lot of goals.

Jose always want to have versatile player, and Griezmann we could have a RW for the starting eleven and a replacement for Diego Costa to prevent That Diego accumulate many minutes and he no longer have injury problems again.

Hopefully his clause are 30 million euros, but I think it is more likely to be 60 million euros.

Undoubtedly Griezmann is The Guy.

Now this is interesting. If Chelsea are really interested in Griezmann and Koke (and with Times & Guardian reporting it, it is likely to be true), I wonder strongly if the idea is to play this way:

Costa
Hazard Griezmann
Koke
Fabregas Matic
Azpilicueta Terry Zouma Ivanovic
Courtois

The advantage is that the front three are all players that have played both centrally and wide, so they would be able to roam around and probe the opposition for weaknesses. Behind them there would be a combination of steel (Koke and Matic), but also very creative players that can make things happen. There is also the fact that Koke too know how to play wide, so he would be another option to switch positions with in order to confuse the opposition.

I would actually love that lineup, even more so if Varane joined as well.

What I like the most about Griezmann is his close control and amazing finishing. He is like the perfect combination between a winger and a striker.

My guess is he'd take Oscar's spot in the first XI rather than Willian's. Willian is great down the right with his energy and tracking back to help Ivanovic. I wouldn't want him out of the side and I doubt José would either.

Greizmann has shown he's versatile enough to play different positions this season. He is playing as a second striker for the first time in his career this season and has already 25 goals. (though that tells you something about the quality of some teams in that league). He reminds me a bit of Sanchez.

Now this is interesting. If Chelsea are really interested in Griezmann and Koke (and with Times & Guardian reporting it, it is likely to be true), I wonder strongly if the idea is to play this way:

Costa
Hazard Griezmann
Koke
Fabregas Matic
Azpilicueta Terry Zouma Ivanovic
Courtois

The advantage is that the front three are all players that have played both centrally and wide, so they would be able to roam around and probe the opposition for weaknesses. Behind them there would be a combination of steel (Koke and Matic), but also very creative players that can make things happen. There is also the fact that Koke too know how to play wide, so he would be another option to switch positions with in order to confuse the opposition.

I would actually love that lineup, even more so if Varane joined as well.

What I like the most about Griezmann is his close control and amazing finishing. He is like the perfect combination between a winger and a striker.

If we sign Koke, he will be partnered next to Matic. He is more suited to that role than Fabregas is.

Greizmann has shown he's versatile enough to play different positions this season. He is playing as a second striker for the first time in his career this season and has already 25 goals. (though that tells you something about the quality of some teams in that league). He reminds me a bit of Sanchez.

If we sign Koke, he will be partnered next to Matic. He is more suited to that role than Fabregas is.

I did consider that, but Fabregas is best suited deep. I doubt that Koke is meant to send Fabregas to the bench. Koke is versatile enough to operate higher up in my opinion.

I did consider that, but Fabregas is best suited deep. I doubt that Koke is meant to send Fabregas to the bench. Koke is versatile enough to operate higher up in my opinion.

He might be but Koke is better than him there. Fabregas is still a bit of a defensive liability in that deep role. He still leaves a lot of spaces behind the midfield and Matic is left having to do a 2 man job on his own. That's what happened against Spurs and Mourinho hasn't really played him next to Matic since then. Fabregas lacks the athletic ability and positional awareness to play that role properly against good teams. Add that to the fact he rarely plays well in big games anyway. We won't have these problems with Koke.

He might be but Koke is better than him there. Fabregas is still a bit of a defensive liability in that deep role. He still leaves a lot of spaces behind the midfield and Matic is left having to do a 2 man job on his own. That's what happened against Spurs and Mourinho hasn't really played him next to Matic since then. Fabregas lacks the athletic ability and positional awareness to play that role properly against good teams. Add that to the fact he rarely plays well in big games anyway. We won't have these problems with Koke.

Yes, I am again aware of those issues. I still dont believe that Koke will turn Fabregas into a bench player. Neither do I believe that Mou will put Koke next to Matic with Fabregas higher up, as Fabregas has been quite poor in the 10 role.

The best solution is to play a 4-3-3

Matic

Koke fabregas

We would be more dominant in possession. While hazard would be further upfront.

For his development, imo, I think he should stay with Atletico for another season. Though I'm sure he'd be a bit pissed if we bought him just to keep him there. This one really depends on the situation of what we do with Bamford and a third choice centre-forward if we choose to sign one.

Getting Koke+Griezman sound like one of the best things we could do, but Atletico probably wont let both go, and tbh it feels wrong that we want all of their players :ph34r: i mean i dont want us to have 5 players in our XI who came from Atletico.

Luis doesn't play, Courtouis was our own. I could care less. Bayern are playing widely with the Bundesliga, no one gives much of a damn. lol

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You