Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Thank god we wrapped up top four so we can actually enjoy this. Would be great to win it but that will be much tougher if Hazard misses out, as I'm pretty sure he will. Might be worth protecting him from further damage even if he's borderline, and that sums up what I think about this competition.

Cech

Azpi Luiz Ivanovic Cole

Ramires Lampard

Oscar Mata Moses

Torres

Subs: Turnball, Bertrand, Cahill, Mikel, Ake, Benayoun, Marin

Could see Luiz in midfield with Cahill in defence and Lamps on the bench, but I'd be happy either way.

Benfica are a good team and have a great chance, but we should really win this so we can have something to celebrate on Sunday. Be interesting to see if we wear the new kit too. Looking forward to another European trophy win to be honest, and another great night celebrating.

If anyone wants to scout our opposition, Benfica will face Porto away tonight in their league. The former are only ahead of Porto at the top by 2 points. And the game will kick off at 8.30pm UK time.

If Hazard isnt fit and Mikel is then i would play

Cech

Azpi - Ivanovic - Luiz - Cole

Lampard - Mikel

Ramires - Mata - Oscar

Torres

If both Hazard and Mikel are out then -

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Ivanovic - Cole

Lampard - Luiz

Ramires - Mata - Oscar

Torres

If Hazard isnt fit and Mikel is then i would play

Cech

Azpi - Ivanovic - Luiz - Cole

Lampard - Mikel

Ramires - Mata - Oscar

Torres

If both Hazard and Mikel are out then -

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Ivanovic - Cole

Lampard - Luiz

Ramires - Mata - Oscar

Torres

The second one would be my choice as well.

We'll miss Hazard, but Moses does seem to pick up his game for Europa League games. If Hazard's out, I have faith in Moses producing a good performance.

If we win this it would wrap up a decent season by our standards. Top four + a European trophy. Not bad considering the amount of palava we've been through this year. Could've been more trophies though but oh well.

seriously dont care. if we win then greatttttttttttt.... if we lose its okay. this has season has been so depressing , so topsy-curvy that all i wanted was a top 4 and there were times in the not so distant past that even top4 had seemed a fantasy.

anyways the marathon season ends on wednesday (in a way). the players should turn up for this one all charged up and trying to win somethin and end the season on an ultimate high.

team seems pretty straight-forward to me

cech

azpi iva cahill cole

rambo luiz

oscar mata hazard(moses)

torres

subs- turnbull, lamps, benayoun, bertrand, moses(ferreira), mikel, ake.

We'll miss Hazard, but Moses does seem to pick up his game for Europa League games. If Hazard's out, I have faith in Moses producing a good performance.

If we win this it would wrap up a decent season by our standards. Top four + a European trophy. Not bad considering the amount of palava we've been through this year. Could've been more trophies though but oh well.

Worth pointing out that Moses's good performances in the Europa League so far have come against average oppositions. He will definitely need to up his game more against Benfica, if he does indeed start this game.