• Ba
    • Luiz(sub)
    • Ivanovic(sub)
    • Torres(sub)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor in the first half, Rammy and Frank struggling to keep shape in the midfield. Albeit, the second half was an improvement I think Luiz did well in the midfield and luckily we got the result we needed! Well done Chelsea! #KTBFFH

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/the-other-matches-in-the-premier-league-thread.3156/page-102

Don't think the Spurs fans were happy at how the match unfolded today. :lol:

@The Mak, I see what you're doing there in the forum. :lol:

What? :Goober:

Ok, fine! Believe it or not, I was supposed to be studying, but I was popping between the library and the pup across the road and ended up staying after Frank's 1st. When we won, I decided to share my adulation when I returned to the library! Such is my dedication to seeing Spurs cry! :D

Banned now! :lol:

...till next year. :Goober:

Mother fucker, just watched the game not knowing the score. I admit, I fast forwarded the game a bit, I couldn't handle the emotion!!!

Frank Lampard! What a legend!!!! 203 goals! Average of more than 10 a season from a midfielder.

Awesome invasion onto the pitch too.

What a game! Shame to players needed their season though, potentially Terry's career :(.

Top four, luck my nuts spurs!

Congrats for Lamps on becoming the club's new all time top ever goalscorer on 203 goals. Excellent. How many times has he bailed us out this season? What a legend. Like the Villa game done the same against Everton in similar circumstances. 1-0 down and we win the game 2-1 and who scores both goals? Frankie Lampard. Happy he got the goals at such a pivotal moment for the club. His goals has secured our Champions League status next season and hopefully 3rd spot.

Lampard was obviously the matchwinner but my MOTM goes to Hazard. Created both goals, the second one especially was something special and through out the game was a constant threat to the opposition and kept getting fouled but kept going on and on. Superb player, how many assists do him and Mata have all together? Fascinating amount for sure.

Was hugely unimpressed wit Ba but hopefully he can pick up in his next game. I reckon Lukaku would suit our style more than Ba. Both have physical strength but Lukaku's movement and pace would benefit us more IMO as Ba has been decent since joining but he is very much hit and miss, definitely need a new striker, whether that be Lukaku and Ba and Torres, which I doubt as I reckon we will buy a new striker but I believe Lukaku deserves a shot next season as right now I think he is better than Ba and Torres.

We got the 3 points in the end although we rode our luck. Benteke is absolutely clumsy for getting sent off because had it stayed 11 against 10 we would have got slaughtered as him and Agbonlahor were terrorising our defence. Last ten minutes was frightening though after Hazard got injured. It was 9 against 10 and I was literally shitting myself. Knew this would not be no walkover though, Villa's games against the big teams at Villa Park prove that but yes we done it and hopefully we get 3rd and build on for the better next season!

Congrats for Lamps on becoming the club's new all time top ever goalscorer on 203 goals. Excellent. How many times has he bailed us out this season? What a legend. Like the Villa game done the same against Everton in similar circumstances. 1-0 down and we win the game 2-1 and who scores both goals? Frankie Lampard. Happy he got the goals at such a pivotal moment for the club. His goals has secured our Champions League status next season and hopefully 3rd spot.

Lampard was obviously the matchwinner but my MOTM goes to Hazard. Created both goals, the second one especially was something special and through out the game was a constant threat to the opposition and kept getting fouled but kept going on and on. Superb player, how many assists do him and Mata have all together? Fascinating amount for sure.

Was hugely unimpressed wit Ba but hopefully he can pick up in his next game. I reckon Lukaku would suit our style more than Ba. Both have physical strength but Lukaku's movement and pace would benefit us more IMO as Ba has been decent since joining but he is very much hit and miss, definitely need a new striker, whether that be Lukaku and Ba and Torres, which I doubt as I reckon we will buy a new striker but I believe Lukaku deserves a shot next season as right now I think he is better than Ba and Torres.

We got the 3 points in the end although we rode our luck. Benteke is absolutely clumsy for getting sent off because had it stayed 11 against 10 we would have got slaughtered as him and Agbonlahor were terrorising our defence. Last ten minutes was frightening though after Hazard got injured. It was 9 against 10 and I was literally shitting myself. Knew this would not be no walkover though, Villa's games against the big teams at Villa Park prove that but yes we done it and hopefully we get 3rd and build on for the better next season!

Ba and Moses were not very impressive against Villa.

I was expecting to see a bit more energy, work-rate from Moses...he looked a bit lethargic. He'll be a good homegrown squad player for us in the coming seasons...but we need to invest into the RW position.

As for Ba, he just looked tired throughout the whole match.... Then you look at the younger, hungrier Benteke doing well for Villa...and you can't help but wonder..

if we give Lukaku a proper chance, he'd give EPL defenders nightmares for the next decade

First half wasn't good - Ramires had a bad game, and knew he was going to be sent off in the tackle, after the burden of the first yellow - referees just hardly accept studs raised anymore. Mata and Moses were quiet and limited in their offerings - good switch though by Rafa for Luiz to come on and offer defensive offer when we went down to 10 men. However after Villa's sending off, was also quiet. Hazard was the best from the attack - quick getaways and constantly fighting; shame about the injury but I think his season is over.I said it during the game but Cahill was sleeping during the goal - Benteke dominated and bullied him - although in the counter attacks Lampard (desperate for a goal) was just too high for his position. Lampard had an average first half - got over ran in the midfield - but he showed up in the second to deservedly become our top scorer.

In the overall context of the game, I give MOTM to Hazard - but Congrats to SUPER FRANK LAMPARD :blue scalf: 203 goals - not out!

Was as incredible game. At half time i had given up a bit because our football was slow and we weren't creating anything. Along with being 1-0 down and down to 10 men i didn't see any hope. The first 10 minutes of the 2nd half made me give up completely though because we just weren't in it against 11 men, we just couldn't get anything going at all and if anything they were gonna score more and maybe win comfortably.

Benteke cost Villa big time. When he was sent off we seemed to get a burst of adrenaline and took over, i feel we would've lost if he had stayed on so i guess we can thank him for Lampards record. It was a great fightback anyway. Hazard got more involved and suddenly we were looking dangerous. What a finale, absolutely stunning. Both goals were very different but typical Lampard and shows just how many qualities he possesses.

I was so happy at full time, probably more happy than i was after the Man Utd game because we just looked so out of it. Then for Lampard to break the record and qualify us into next seasons UCL in those circumstances was just a thing of absolute beauty. I don't know why but even with only 3 games left there was the sense that he would break the record even if it seemed very unlikely with the amount of games left and his future in doubt. I was buzzing for the rest of the day, so hyped, even now. Also Villa Park is a huge bogey ground for us, not just against Villa but i still remember an FA Cup Semi there in 1996 and this seasons Community Shield defeat. Yesterday was a massive win in such adversity.

Awesome pride at full time.

LMAO at Benitez's reaction to Motson's question about his future :lol:

And btw, Lambert is such an ass. Even last season for Norwich, he was bitching about the ref's decisions, just like yesterday. Can't even listen to him. Laughable.

What a classy classy individual.

Players like Frank only come along every blue moon. Its cliche to say but I cant find a better example. He IS Chelsea, and epitomizes everything about this club.

Forget the drama of the game, the goals for the record, and coming through in the clutch, he's just an awesome PERSON and TEAMMATE first.

Frank you'll always have a pint on me.

I just watched MOTD & I didn't realized some many fans were on the pitch celebrating w/ Supa Frank. I guess cause I was too busy screamin & yelling myself. I know Frank was worried about his celebration & said that he thought about running into the stands. He didn't have to. The fans were on the pitch. Hell I saw a guy that only had one leg on the pitch w/ Frank. Awesome moment & I wish I could have been there.