Ferguson Retires - Moyes takes over

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that was a quick appointment, straight away the Jose rumours have been splattered!

For a while is was Manchester red and London red dominating the top 2 places. I'm not underestimating Moyes but it's an opportunity for the blues to seize power and rule the premiership. Kinda hoping Moyes does ok though just so we don't keep hearing "If Fergie was here" blah, blah, blah. Man Utd isn't as attractive now though as it once was. Even Rooney wants out, Ronaldo wont go back and most of their players are nearing the end. Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes, RVP, Evra. Hopefully under a new manager we will see these players for what they truly are.

They won't go crap, but they def won't dominate like they did this year, unless they go crazy in the transfer market and significantly improve their squad. They'll still be challenging for the title, challenging not outright winning it anymore. I think top 3 will be very close from here on out.

Chelsea - get Mou back, improve squad depth and we're title challengers

City - just under-performed all year, get a new manager and title challengers

United - spend a lot in the transfer market and title challengers

If Mancini sticks around I can see us winning the title, but if City get a good manager too I think their squad is too good to not win another title.

Exciting season coming up.

Whatever happens next year, nobody knows. Only time will tell.

Certainly, if Jose comes by, Chelsea buys 2-3 players the team is in great shape to challenge for CL, PL titles & that´s what matters to me. Whatever Manure or Citeh do is irrelevant to me.

I believe, Chelsea will be there again.

just read the news and it seems every single person in the MU board agrees to appoint Moyes.

weird, in my opinion Moyes is a bit like our Tinkerman Ranieri, good at team management but sucks at winning major trophies, would be shocked if he actually could win a PL or CL

if he comes to chelsea abramovich would sack him after 3 months

It may be just me. But this is good news from a more psychological/motivational point of view. You will have a change management sitiation over there, which by definition is destabilizing. Just think of what we had his year. They will have a much more confrontational, inconsistent season. At least we are used to the change by now ....

I wonder ..... Now Hazard, Mata and Oscar are getting gelled together we made a big transition already ourselves. Especially if we get theivot right and finally have someone leading the line next year.

I think it will be us and city next year .... For real.