Ferguson Retires - Moyes takes over

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember what it was like when Jose left, and we all remember what it felt like when Robbie left (about this time of day too). United fans must feel sick.

:D

Is it confirmed????

Yes.

The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.

It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.

Our training facilities are amongst the finest in global sport and our home Old Trafford is rightfully regarded as one of the leading venues in the world.

Going forward, I am delighted to take on the roles of both Director and Ambassador for the club. With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future.

I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential. My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career.

– SIR ALEX FERGUSON

FINALLY! He took over Man Utd the year i was born ffs gtfo! But on a serious note what a career and what a legend of football. Even though a proper cunt sometimes you can't knock what he's achieved in the game.

Ferguson has been manager of United ever since i stared watching football. A sad day in English Football.

what if Rafa remains his last defeat? That is a dreadful way to go out.