Strike

Romeu isn't a bad player but that injury came at the worst possible time for him. There was an opportunity for him to stake a claim but unfortunately sometimes that chance can be snatched from you and not come back round again. That's first-class sport for you.

Josh has never been overly impressive even at the Championship level. He has plenty of skill but struggles to impose himself on matches and may already be in the last-chance saloon.Personally I'd like to see him have some time under Jose but I'm nowhere near as confident about him making it here as I once was.

Alonso for me is a no-brainer. He is a short-term fix but that's not always a bad thing. He knows the league and he knows Mourinho - that to me makes him a perfect deputy for Lamps in the pivot and I reckon he'd be a great character to have in the dressing room and on the training pitches.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with him - there was something wrong with AVB. If he is really ready to play for us (even in a squad role) then why isn't he getting any time at all in a Valencia side that is struggling mightily at the moment? He doesn't even get on their bench at times.

i have no idea of what is going on at valencia. but i ll like to comment on what i have actually seen. and what i have seen is the fact that he is a decent player and will get better with age (unless he is totally hampered by injuries). also avb was not the only one who trusted him. rdm went into a season with just 2 cdms out of which one was romeu. RAFA on the other hand chose him ahead of mikel in the short time that romeu was fit before he had his injury. so that 3 out of 3 managers in chelsea that he had a chance to play for.

• 1 month later...

i don't know if you've heard this before, but he has not renewed his contract with madrid yet. things are unclear for the moment and there is quite a hesitation from both xabi and madrid wheter to renew this contract or not - usually a club like real madrid is not waiting that much to renew an agreement and that made xabi having second thoughts and, apparently, thinking about a new experience. rumours or not, but spanish newspapers say ancelotti would be about the only one from the entire club who wants xabi to continue in madrid...

for those who have not watched him this season, he has been in superb form so far, real madrid is a completely new team since he came back after that injury and i think now it's the time for jose to do his magic and bring a world class partner for ramires.

i don't know if you've heard this before, but he has not renewed his contract with madrid yet. things are unclear for the moment and there is quite a hesitation from both xabi and madrid wheter to renew this contract or not - usually a club like real madrid is not waiting that much to renew an agreement and that made xabi having second thoughts and, apparently, thinking about a new experience. rumours or not, but spanish newspapers say ancelotti would be about the only one from the entire club who wants xabi to continue in madrid...

for those who have not watched him this season, he has been in superb form so far, real madrid is a completely new team since he came back after that injury and i think now it's the time for jose to do his magic and bring a world class partner for ramires.

well, spanish media was also saying Ronaldo would leave blabla and than he renewed. I think if Xabi decides to stay, there wont be a big problem to renew his contract. Carlo is a big fan of him.

I think he will play for us. He is one of Mourinho boys in Real Madrid like Arbeloa, Khedira, and others.

I think he agreed with Mourinho that he would come to Chelsea. Alonso (like other spanish players in MAdrid) is loved by the supportes, everyone in the club wants him to continue, I think he can't because he will play here next year.

• 2 weeks later...

it sounds like we are talking about a beautiful bubble here. no chance that xabi will come to chelsea at this stage. if he joins us, it would be a genius steal conducted by the club and i probably wake up laughing in the midnight.

it sounds like we are talking about a beautiful bubble here. no chance that xabi will come to chelsea at this stage. if he joins us, it would be a genius steal conducted by the club and i probably wake up laughing in the midnight.

The more hilarious part, if it happens, is to see the reaction of those delusional scousers.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You