Strike

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/xabi-alonso-can-be-part-of-cheap-jose-mourinho-deal-8599978.html

The Independent is reporting that Xabi Alonso maybe the player that Jose will smuggle out of Real Madrid. At 31, he's not exactly in his prime but he's a classic Deep-Lying Playmaker who keeps ticking the play over to the attackers. He has vast experience in the Premier League and could be available at a bargain price.

Would you like to see him here? Or would you prefer younger, perhaps, Beñat or Moutinho?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alonso can easily play at the top level for another 3/4 years. I mean look at Pirlo who's 34 this year, prime example. We get him cheap and he could easily be a Makelele esque signing.

Are you sure? He hasn't been anywhere near his best even this season. I think he's on the decline.

Besides, NO MORE LIVERPOOL PLAYERS! :readthemessage:

I can't see this happening, but he's still a fantastic player and exactly what we need in our midfield. Obviously it depends on the price but if we're actually looking at developing someone like McEachran then who better could he sit behind for the next two years?

I was one of those people who thought Pirlo was 'too old' when we were linked with him four years ago....

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Forget the Liverpool nonsense, if he really loved the club he would have never left. Of course I'm not saying he doesn't love the club, but probably less so than people think.

He's already on the decline, has had a horrid season. That said, he'd still be an upgrade over everyone else we have but the price has to be rather inexpensive for this to make sense because he'd surely warrant the most wages of anyone else we can get for the pivot.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You