Ilkay Gundogan

NishC300

Ilkay Gundogan is a German footballer of Turkish descent. He was a life long fan of Schalke 04, Dortmund's huge rivals. He was a great deal for Dortmund at only 4 million Euros.What do you guys think of him? We've talked about many midfielders for the pivot but do you guys think he could play in our pivot? He doesn't waste possession and has an excellent work rate. He's got good creativity and passing. He's got good pace and amazing shooting ability (something neither Mikel nor Ramires have). He played well against Madrid this week. He has improved a lot.

Should we try to get him?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ilkay Gundogan is a German footballer of Turkish descent. He was a life long fan of Schalke 04, Dortmund's huge rivals. He was a great deal for Dortmund at only 4 million Euros.What do you guys think of him? We've talked about many midfielders for the pivot but do you guys think he could play in our pivot? He doesn't waste possession and has an excellent work rate. He's got good creativity and passing. He's got good pace and amazing shooting ability (something neither Mikel nor Ramires have). He played well against Madrid this week. He has improved a lot.

Should we try to get him?

Is he really a Schalke supporter?

Im a big fan of Gundogan and have been wanting him here for a while he would be an amazing signing him and Khedira would be my first choices for us to sign in the summer to play in the pivot! whether we even attempt to sign any of them remains to be seen.

No thanks, I believe in Oriol Romeu despite the injury setback but to each his own.

I also have high hopes for Romeu but we need someone in the pivot with him who is more mobile and can bring the ball forward and has great passing ability and is very good and comfortable in possession! Thats why Gundogan would be a great signing for us.

Gundogan is incredible, given his age and talent combo I'm surprised we've not tried for him already as bringing in younger players seems to have been our mission of late. He is already phenomenal and he's only going to get better over the next 10 years or so. He'd be my number 1 target this summer, given that if we get desperate for a striker we can simply recall Lukaku and give him his shot at the big time. Having Romeu and Gundogan would give us such an unbelievably bright future in CM.

Gündogan started as an CAM and was deployed in the pivot for the first time when he arrived in Dortmund. Although I really like Gündogan I don't see the point in signing him as long as we have KDB who could and should follow the same path as the German international moving into a deeper position in midfield. If we really want to go for a new DLP (which I hope we will) it has to be a proven player in his prime.

İlkay Gündoğan

definitely hope Chelsea tries and sign him. He is the answer to Chelsea's pivotal issues and is the missing link to find the balance between defense, midfield and attack.

Would love to see a pivot of Gundogan + Fellaini. But he should be the priority to fill the void that will occur when Lampard leaves.

This is a wishlist transfer and should stay like that. Anyone stating we should try and sign him, it is not going to happen. He has not been there long. Dortmund have him on a long-term contract and he has no reason to leave. They have potential all over the team and they are on the verge of reaching the UCL final and possibly winning it who knows. I doubt he would want to come here for now anyway unless we make a drastic bid and Dortmund have no choice to sell but that is not going to happen. Would be amazed to see it happen but I guess wishes are there for a reason.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You