test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Waterfall

Geoffrey Kondogbia

Started by Waterfall,

211 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me his strenghts and weaknesses?Is he really better than Pogba?That would be hard to believe.

+

strength

pace

interceptions

positioning sence

heading

tackling

stamina, drive

-

terrible passing

extreme one-footedness

does give the ball away easily

bad shooter

no experience

+

strength

pace

interceptions

positioning sence

heading

tackling

stamina, drive

-

terrible passing

extreme one-footedness

does give the ball away easily

bad shooter

no experience

terrible passing is harsh - he completes 87% , just his long passing which is bad. and pretty much all lefties are very one footed.

The Skipper likes this

Huge stamina, good passing and he picked a couple of fantastic diagonals with both feet

Interesting that you say he played good diagonals with both feet because the general consensus about him is that he is very one footed and his long balls are very poor.

I like Kondogbia, I saw him once with France U20 and he really was different class. He was the only one to be a regular starter in a top club that night, alongside Digne.

Huge stamina, good passing and he picked a couple of fantastic diagonals with both feet. Good movement as well, his runs are quite good for a 20 y.o midfielder I think

how does he compare to pogba?

@ChelsTransfer: Kondogbia: "Chelsea are also a great team with a great manager, so let's wait and see what will happen after the World Cup" (Sky) #CFC #RMCF

Bah after world cup??

Looooong way away

@ChelsTransfer: Kondogbia: "Chelsea are also a great team with a great manager, so let's wait and see what will happen after the World Cup" (Sky) #CFC #RMCF

Bah after world cup??

Looooong way away

U-20 World Cup

Where would he fit? Let's say for example we switch to a 4-3-3; Ramires will be a starter, Mikel a starter (probably) and then Oscar or Mata would take up the other place in the middle '3'. So that leaves him on the bench.

If we stick to a 4-2-3-1, again, Mikel would likely start ahead of him as he has better passing, and Ramires has been told he's very much in Jose's plans - which again puts him on the bench.

I think he'd be best in a 4-3-3 Essien role but I don't see that happening unless he and Ramires rotate a lot (i guess it's a possibility eh.)

I wouldn't say no to him. Very talented. I'd rather try and entice Juventus for Pogba or Vidal though. They desperately want a striker so Torres + Cash would perhaps work.

Hes your future great defensive midfielder ala Makalele, Toure, if he lives up to his potential.

He has great tactical awareness and arial ability, he is only 20 years old, yet he is superb in the functions that categorize a good defensive midfielder.

His is still raw with his technique, meaning first touches and passing, that will all come in due time.

I think he would be apt to play first team football with chelsea for example.

You could play 3 man midfield with him infront of centerbacks, or in a double pivot with a player like modric or thiago.

If he can improve his passing, and be given a chance to star, along with pogba he will deservedly be looked at as among the top 5 defensive midfield type players of the future.

The Skipper and OneMoSalah like this

Isn't his release clause not only 17 million euros or something? Would be a steal from what I've heard about him.

It is about 8 million euros.

RUmors are madrid have a deal already with him, to be dealed with further after the u20 world cup.

Other say that kondogbia doesnt really like the idea of staying at sevilla one more year to develop as some thing madrid would try to activate.

It depends on many variables, madrid look like favorites, but if they mess up, then chelsea would ideally jump on him like rabid dogs.

He has B2B abilities as well if anyone has bothered to really pay lots of attention to his game.

But not to the extremes of someone like Ramires.

Think of yaya toure, but with an even stronger defensive future imo.

It is about 8 million euros.

RUmors are madrid have a deal already with him, to be dealed with further after the u20 world cup.

Other say that kondogbia doesnt really like the idea of staying at sevilla one more year to develop as some thing madrid would try to activate.

It depends on many variables, madrid look like favorites, but if they mess up, then chelsea would ideally jump on him like rabid dogs.

He has B2B abilities as well if anyone has bothered to really pay lots of attention to his game.

But not to the extremes of someone like Ramires.

Think of yaya toure, but with an even stronger defensive future imo.

I reckon he'd probably get more games at Chelsea especially if Romeu goes out on loan. Can't see Carlo just selling Alonso and Khedira like that in his first season.

Very much depends on whether Chelsea or Madrid or whoever else have bid/agreed a deal or what not though. 8 million euros would be an awesome deal for any club.

I reckon he'd probably get more games at Chelsea especially if Romeu goes out on loan. Can't see Carlo just selling Alonso and Khedira like that in his first season.

Very much depends on whether Chelsea or Madrid or whoever else have bid/agreed a deal or what not though. 8 million euros would be an awesome deal for any club.

Khedira would always serve as a back up player.

And Alonso is out till october and is on his last year in madrid.

Kondogbia is the future, and if carlo uses players like modric and isco which he must unless hes mentally challenged, then knodgbia could do well.

Knodgbia is raw though. He needs to improve his technical abilities.

Anyways main reason he isnt guaranteed move to madrid immediatley for example is because hes a bit raw.

He looks like next Yaya but still too soon. Would love him in our team but only if he is given starting role. No bench/loan shit, we have plenty of such players already.

However having 20 yrs old in CDM position might make us vulnerable for next season, but after few seasons it could be one of best in the world.