Whats you're country listening to?

Clevemayer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that explains a lot! :lol:

Were you already familiar with Fairouz? If not did you enjoy the songs?

no mate didn't now her at all but great voice, really well sung...

do you know bangin? I think he actually was born in libanon too, he is a famous kurdish singer... love his voice... but I think he sniffed a bit too much cocain... don't know just seems like it at times...

I'll tell you what my country is listening to:

mate thats said and I follow that situation closely my thoughts are with you... this shouldn't happen anywhere... but sadly we can't just leave the political stuff and the religion seperated...

I really hope this stops soon...

but music can be inspiring give you hope... it even can be so pumping you full of adrenaline... I know this is no place for that kind of storys... I know about ppl who fought aganst turkey (no offense against any turkish ppl) and they listened patreotic songs tu get them full of adrenaline before fighting...

but also it can give you some kind of hope and just let the world be what it is for a while... again, hope this is over sooner rather then later.

Well that is one post I did not expect! :lol:

Yes, I', familiar with him. He plays one genre of typical middle eastern music. Although I personally prefer the Lute to the Bouzouk.

yeah its more famous in our kurdish regions...

My mate plays it and i think he is awesome in it it needs a fine bit of technique... i play a bit too but i'm pretty bad, my brother is actually really good in it her he play classik saz:

no mate didn't now her at all but great voice, really well sung...

do you know bangin? I think he actually was born in libanon too, he is a famous kurdish singer... love his voice... but I think he sniffed a bit too much cocain... don't know just seems like it at times...

No I didn't know him. But he's good. The music is identical to Arabic music! I've heard some Kurdish music in the past but it was a bit different than this, it was more like a chant maybe, and it sounded sad, but it was so beautiful. Very aesthetically pleasurable.

I'll tell you what my country is listening to:

Khodur that is so sad :( I don't know if you watched Arab Idol tonight, but there was this Syrian guy who sung a "Mowwel" about Syria and it honestly made me tear up :cry: I can't but hope and pray that it is over soon..

This actually Egyptian not Lebanese, but أم كلثوم belonged to the whole Arab world. Back in the sixties and seventies when she sang live, half the Arab world shut down, even stores and everything. They all would be sitting next to the radio listening, and I'm not even exaggerating. The whole song would be more than 2 hours, so I'm only going to post a part of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLP3d6XgPpw

Khodur that is so sad :( I don't know if you watched Arab Idol tonight, but there was this Syrian guy who sung a "Mowwel" about Syria and it honestly made me tear up :cry: I can't but hope and pray that it is over soon..

Thanks buddy, it's been over 2 years now we got used to a lot of things. :) I didn't watch the show but I just saw the clip on Youtube, and yeah it was really moving. Hopes and prayers all over the place man haha.

yeah its more famous in our kurdish regions...

My mate plays it and i think he is awesome in it it needs a fine bit of technique... i play a bit too but i'm pretty bad, my brother is actually really good in it her he play classik saz:

No the Bouzouk is actually very famous here, and now it's getting even more famous because it is being used in all the 'new' songs. But the Lute here has a social and political meaning as well. Btw, your friend is very good.

@, this one is for you mate :)

No the Bouzouk is actually very famous here, and now it's getting even more famous because it is being used in all the 'new' songs. But the Lute here has a social and political meaning as well. Btw, your friend is very good.

mate this wasmy little brother

this is my mate just relaxing his fingers a bit before playing... as you see he plays with the sound too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUgT6Onaomc

This actually Egyptian not Lebanese, but أم كلثوم belonged to the whole Arab world. Back in the sixties and seventies when she sang live, half the Arab world shut down, even stores and everything. They all would be sitting next to the radio listening, and I'm not even exaggerating. The whole song would be more than 2 hours, so I'm only going to post a part of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLP3d6XgPpw

Oum Khaltoum, respected by everyfucking generation of arabs, everywhere.Just like Abd El Halim you know who !

@Weckerz

thats nice mate... I really had my time with hip hop...

do you know some german stuff? like Thomas D

Nearly went in to trance listening to that ^^

Can't say I know a lot of German music, except for 99 luftballons :P

Oum Khaltoum, respected by everyfucking generation of arabs, everywhere.Just like Abd El Halim you know who !

Yup, she was one of a kind and we'll never witness someone like her. Just like Fairouz.

Btw, I prefer Abd El Wahhab to Abd El Halim, his music was better, imo (He also made the music for most of Oum Khaltoum's songs incidentally). I mean, this is just a masterpiece that is out of this world: