Why Rafa’s Appointment Was Spot-on

CHOULO19

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an assumption which can never be justified without actual proof. RDM was the right man for the job and his sack was disgraceful of the highest amount. He deserved a year as he was promised and we were still in 5 competitions before his ridiculous sack. Though having enough time to actually learn, adapt, and create a stabilized relationship with this squad is fucking impossible because of our board.

#OnlyoneDimmateo

Riiiight... I wonder why he left Internazionale then....

I'll tell you why. I'll assume that you're a Chelsea die hard fan. And you got a message from www.manutdtalk.com offering you a 12M$ contract to start cheering for manutd and write on their forums.

What would be your decision?

Same happened for Mourinho...

Read it, respect the author for trying to make another point, but I'm not convinced at all. First of all, we could all be reading this post and bitterly laughing at you if the interim doesn't get into top 4 and fails to win trophies, which is quite possible atm. Even if he does that, its still not spot-on. Secondly, I think there are a lot of members on here who still do not understand what Robbie has done for this club.

I'll tell you why. I'll assume that you're a Chelsea die hard fan. And you got a message from www.manutdtalk.com offering you a 12M$ contract to start cheering for manutd and write on their forums.

What would be your decision?

Same happened for Mourinho...

How can that even be compared? Mou was getting paid at Inter and is getting paid more at Real. I'm getting paid nothing and then going up to 12million? That's ridiculous, Mou had everything before he joined Inter nothing he does should be motivated by money, he has always been loaded with cash whereas I have next to nothing. I'm constantly living off less than $170 p/w so what do you think I'd do?

Robbie might never have been the best coach, but he was supported avidly by the players and the fans. He had deserved his chance to take over here and it was right to hand him a contact. We were not oving less forward then under Benitez. We recorded an impressive win at White Hart Line and completely dominated utd until the ref killed us.

Rafa has done as many things wrong as di Matteo, he also lost against ManCity, against small teams like Southampton and most importantly he lost us at least two cups, too. When Robbie left we were still in touch with utd, now we are 15 points behind them. We will most certainly go out of the FA Cup tomorrow two, EL and top4 are in the balance. So at best, Rafa can achieve a solid minimum. Under Robbie we always could do sth special.

If Rafa's appointment was spot on we wouldn't be sitting here with Arsenal and tottenham right up our backsides with 7 games to go.

Again, this article is in no way about this season's results, which have been disappointing under Rafa. I just asked myself the question: When the new manager arrives in the summer, would he be happier had we kept RDM or was appointing Rafa better for next season?

The answer I came up with, is that the new manager would no doubt prefer a team that is more organized and has offensive and defensive systems that the players know their roles in because this team would be much easier to build upon and turn into a team that is capable of challenging for the tittle. This is where the idea for this whole article came from.

As has been said, if we fail to make top four, this article would be laughable, because even if Rafa has improved the basics, not making the top four is definitely not better for our future. But if we do get a CL spot, our new manager would get a team that is more organized and easy to work with than if we had kept RDM.

@spikey,

you live on 170 bucks a week ? How is that possible ?

With another $40 for rent assistance. So after rent is taken out I have about $70-$80 to myself. I only go shopping once every two weeks. Luckily I have a bit of cash saved up from work and scholarships.

How can that even be compared? Mou was getting paid at Inter and is getting paid more at Real. I'm getting paid nothing and then going up to 12million? That's ridiculous, Mou had everything before he joined Inter nothing he does should be motivated by money, he has always been loaded with cash whereas I have next to nothing. I'm constantly living off less than $170 p/w so what do you think I'd do?

Well, after he won the CL at Inter, the management had a lot of of debts to pay, a huge amount of the money gained from the CL was paid for these debts. The management couldn't raise his salary and compete with the other clubs that were chasing him not to forget that he was searching for a new adventure with a new team in a new league. And that's why he went away.

IMO, If Mou won the CL with RM, he'll seek a new club in a different league, it may be PSG. His return to Inter depends on two things: 1- Inter grab a CL spot. Mathematically still possible but with all the bad luck we're having and with such an average squad it will be hard to qualify.

2- The financial factor, which will depend on new stakeholders.

I must confess that the above two aforementioned factors are more than available at Chelsea. But looking back at the time when he left Chelsea and the way it happend I think a return is impossible. It'll actually depends on Abramovich and how much he can give up his ego for the sake of the club.

With another $40 for rent assistance. So after rent is taken out I have about $70-$80 to myself. I only go shopping once every two weeks. Luckily I have a bit of cash saved up from work and scholarships.

How can anyone live on it, in Aussie ?

Have you just finished school ?

Again, this article is in no way about this season's results, which have been disappointing under Rafa. I just asked myself the question: When the new manager arrives in the summer, would he be happier had we kept RDM or was appointing Rafa better for next season?

The answer I came up with, is that the new manager would no doubt prefer a team that is more organized and has offensive and defensive systems that the players know their roles in because this team would be much easier to build upon and turn into a team that is capable of challenging for the tittle. This is where the idea for this whole article came from.

As has been said, if we fail to make top four, this article would be laughable, because even if Rafa has improved the basics, not making the top four is definitely not better for our future. But if we do get a CL spot, our new manager would get a team that is more organized and easy to work with than if we had kept RDM.

It wasn't an attack on your article. But just a short answer to the title. Whether Rafa has improved the tactics etc is debateable, which is what is happening here. But a lot of our immediate future will be directly impacted by the next 7 weeks so time will tell.

It wasn't an attack on your article. But just a short answer to the title. Whether Rafa has improved the tactics etc is debateable, which is what is happening here. But a lot of our immediate future will be directly impacted by the next 7 weeks so time will tell.

lol I did not take it as an attack, was just trying to discuss the points further. Heck I'm not even 100% convinced with everything in the OP.