The Baseball thread

Steve

On 10/23/2016 at 1:09 PM, Spike said:

I couldn't stop smiling. I was watching the post-game reaction on Fox and the joy of everyone from the fans, the commentators to the players was just contagious. The game was a boring blowout (sort of, it was Clayton FUCKING Kershaw) but damn, that result will be in people minds for long time.

The club house party was a little out of control, hopefully they have good alcohol recovery.

I'm still shocked we won the world series. What a comeback from this team, there is no quit in them. I cried and I am so happy. It was amazing, the parade was crazy too. There were millions of people and November 2nd 2016 will go down as the best day in my life. AGH! Now I guess the Premier League will have to hold me off until March. 

13 minutes ago, iseah100 said:

I'm still shocked we won the world series. What a comeback from this team, there is no quit in them. I cried and I am so happy. It was amazing, the parade was crazy too. There were millions of people and November 2nd 2016 will go down as the best day in my life. AGH! Now I guess the Premier League will have to hold me off until March. 

That was perhaps the greatest game seven ever. I was so teary eyed when I finally got to hear the thoughts of Bryant and Rizzo after the game.

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

That was perhaps the greatest game seven ever. I was so teary eyed when I finally got to hear the thoughts of Bryant and Rizzo after the game.

I love Bryzzo. I was sure we were gonna lose after that game tying two run homer. So stressful. Crazy Bryant'sfeet went out from under him on that grounder, 10 years ago that ball goes into the stands. This Cubs team is special and could be the beginning of somethingfar greater.

14 minutes ago, iseah100 said:

I love Bryzzo. I was sure we were gonna lose after that game tying two run homer. So stressful. Crazy Bryant'sfeet went out from under him on that grounder, 10 years ago that ball goes into the stands. This Cubs team is special and could be the beginning of somethingfar greater.

Mark these words and remember me by them, 'in five years the Cubs will no longer be America's sweetheart (except for White Shitz and St. Louis Fards) but the new Red Sox, one of the most hated teams in the MLB'.

I hate Chapman, I knew, I fucking knew he'd give up runs when he was relieving Lester. I could tell by his eyes, he wasn't confident and he was sweating bullets. The only strike he can score is against his girlfriend. To be honest, I was deep down praying that Chapman would be relieved ASAP.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Mark these words and remember me by them, 'in five years the Cubs will no longer be America's sweetheart (except for White Shitz and St. Louis Fards) but the new Red Sox, one of the most hated teams in the MLB'.

I hate Chapman, I knew, I fucking knew he'd give up runs when he was relieving Lester. I could tell by his eyes, he wasn't confident and he was sweating bullets. The only strike he can score is against his girlfriend. To be honest, I was deep down praying that Chapman would be relieved ASAP.

Oh i believe it. We've won 200 games the last two years, have a pennant and a world series title, an abundance of young talent, perenial MVP candidates in Bryzzo, the best rotation in baseball, and a manager tons of people can't stand. I'm ready for it though, tbh i dont like all the fans they've gotten the last two months or so. I think we can win another two titles. 

1 hour ago, iseah100 said:

Oh i believe it. We've won 200 games the last two years, have a pennant and a world series title, an abundance of young talent, perenial MVP candidates in Bryzzo, the best rotation in baseball, and a manager tons of people can't stand. I'm ready for it though, tbh i dont like all the fans they've gotten the last two months or so. I think we can win another two titles. 

Yeah, so begins the bandwagon. I feel like a git wearing my Cubs cap now, but I've been wearing this one for years! I did hold a certain bitterness towards the 'post-season fair weathers'. Never nice seeing a bunch of celebrities and trust fund kids at Wrigley when there are millions of fans that deserve those seats.

As long as gutter trash Sox fans don't morph into royal blue, I'm okay.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah, so begins the bandwagon. I feel like a git wearing my Cubs cap now, but I've been wearing this one for years! I did hold a certain bitterness towards the 'post-season fair weathers'. Never nice seeing a bunch of celebrities and trust fund kids at Wrigley when there are millions of fans that deserve those seats.

As long as gutter trash Sox fans don't morph into royal blue, I'm okay.

Yea dude, I felt the same way. Like all the attention was nice but i dont want to share my win with all those fair weathers. It is what it is though, i dont even want world series clothes cause I think people will assume I'm just another bandwagon

11 minutes ago, iseah100 said:

Yea dude, I felt the same way. Like all the attention was nice but i dont want to share my win with all those fair weathers. It is what it is though, i dont even want world series clothes cause I think people will assume I'm just another bandwagon

I still mean to get a blue jersey. Price is steep, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

We went to a minor league game today 90 minutes north. The Savannah Bananas sell out every game. I had to be on a waiting list to get tickets. If you watch the small videos in the comments, it is a three hour party, with a baseball game going on. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1671601723194016&id=100010326124304&m_entstream_source=timeline

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We went to a minor league game today 90 minutes north. The Savannah Bananas sell out every game. I had to be on a waiting list to get tickets. If you watch the small videos in the comments, it is a three hour party, with a baseball game going on. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1671601723194016&id=100010326124304&m_entstream_source=timeline

Wow! Very cool!

Might go to Georgia couple of times next year(Savannah port too), would be nice to catch such an event.

How about MLB? Braves home games have good atmosphere too? I have only been to domestic amateur games in my life so I'm very much interested.

Edited by nyikolajevics

• 4 months later...