Morgan Schneiderlin

Spike

This is my preemptive strike against Talk Chelsea in the case of Monsieur Schneiderlin putting in a 10/10 shift tonight.

Hopefully Monsieur Schneiderlin fits within a small niché of modern French footballers that aren't a complete stereotypes. Most Frogs of this currnet natioanl team incarnation seem to be arrogant and ignorant bastards. I'll name a few: Ribéry, Sakho, M'Vila, Ben Arfa, Nasri, Diarra, need I go on?

Monsieur Schneiderlin has taken to the PL like a duck to water. Already with five goals a very large amount for a DM in a midtable team, Monsieur Schneiderlin only looks to improve. He has been in England over five years and has already notched 181 games in the English Association Football.

While I have a small soft spot (I don't have many soft spots...) for Southampton, a raid of some of their players could be more than beneficial, Schneiderlin and Shaw being the standouts.

schneiderlin_2906368.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my preemptive strike against Talk Chelsea in the case of Monsieur Schneiderlin putting in a 10/10 shift tonight.

Hopefully Monsieur Schneiderlin fits within a small niché of modern French footballers that aren't a complete stereotypes. Most Frogs of this currnet natioanl team incarnation seem to be arrogant and ignorant bastards. I'll name a few: Ribéry, Sakho, M'Vila, Ben Arfa, Nasri, Diarra, need I go on?

Monsieur Schneiderlin has taken to the PL like a duck to water. Already with five goals a very large amount for a DM in a midtable team, Monsieur Schneiderlin only looks to improve. He has been in England over five years and has already notched 181 games in the English Association Football.

While I have a small soft spot (I don't have many soft spots...) for Southampton, a raid of some of their players could be more than beneficial, Schneiderlin and Shaw being the standouts.

Definitely agree with you brah, schneiderlin and shaw has been the stand out performers for southampton this season and both are young. Would be great deals for sure.

Definitely agree with you brah, schneiderlin and shaw has been the stand out performers for southampton this season and both are young. Would be great deals for sure.

They'd also be very cheap.

Been singing his praises for a while now. He's the best ball winning DM in the league at the moment, along with Sandro. But not only that, from playing in a more advanced position earlier in his career he has good technical ability.

He's just signed a new contract though, only drawback.

Been singing his praises for a while now. He's the best ball winning DM in the league at the moment, along with Sandro. But not only that, from playing in a more advanced position earlier in his career he has good technical ability.

He's just signed a new contract though, only drawback.

Thiago Silva signed a contract and a week later joined PSG :P

Statistically I seen hes made the most interceptions in the PL right now or is it Europe. Some crazy stat like hes made 100 and something interceptions this season.

What I've seen, I've liked. In general I've liked how Southampton have approached games this year under both managers they've had. Could be a gamble though but I'd take him as back up to Mikel right now tbh especially since Romeu doesn't look great in the 4-2-3-1.

Hes benefiting from playing next to Jack Cork in some games as it gives him a lot more freedom to get forward and get to the box. He'd be an interesting buy for sure but are the board/scouts at this club really going to look at him? Probably not.

The French could actually have quite a nice midfield three with Schneiderlin, Gonalons and Cabaye. Though it will never happen. Ever. All players can tackle, intercept and have quite exceptional technique with the ball. That is how I'd take Les Bleus foward.

The French could actually have quite a nice midfield three with Schneiderlin, Gonalons and Cabaye. Though it will never happen. Ever. All players can tackle, intercept and have quite exceptional technique with the ball. That is how I'd take Les Bleus foward.

Also put Pogba in there too who is an incredibly talented player. Its incredible all the talented players the French have but how much of a shite team they are in competitions. Strikingly similar to what we are, have a lot of talented players but can't play as a team and play incredibly shit a lot.

He's done very well, but if we're going for a ball winning DM I'd rather Yacob, tbh. Admittedly I've only seen Schneiderlin half a dozen games, but I think Yacob's distribution and tactical awareness have been better. His role is WBA's great season has been immense, imo.

He's done very well, but if we're going for a ball winning DM I'd rather Yacob, tbh. Admittedly I've only seen Schneiderlin half a dozen games, but I think Yacob's distribution and tactical awareness have been better. His role is WBA's great season has been immense, imo.

Different roles. Yacob and Cork both screen the defence and act as the anchor, much like Mikel. Whereas Schneiderlin and Mulumbu have more freedom to join attacks when possible, and in general be the more aggressive player when winning back the ball. In effect Schneiderlin would take Ramires' spot, but that doesn't mean the players mentioned can't adapt.

Different roles. Yacob and Cork both screen the defence and act as the anchor, much like Mikel. Whereas Schneiderlin and Mulumbu have more freedom to join attacks when possible, and in general be the more aggressive player wheb winning back the ball. In effect Schneiderlin would take Ramires' spot, but that doesn't mean the players mentioned can't adapt.

Fine margins there. In fact, Yacob has often been the one to sit back cover for the fullbacks. I think he can play both roles.

• 7 months later...

Now that Southampton are doing well he's getting more and more recognition. Still very young and improving every season.

On a side note, think he counts as homegrown to since he's been at Southampton since he was 18.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You