test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed NextGen Final: Chelsea 0-2 Aston Villa

Started by Jason,

69 posts in this topic

Need to sub off Pappoe and move Ake in CB to deal with Villa forward's pace and then move Baker centrally in midfield and Boga centrally behind Feruz and bring on Hunte on the left.

Need to sub off Pappoe and move Ake in CB to deal with Villa forward's pace and then move Baker centrally in midfield and Boga centrally behind Feruz and bring on Hunte on the left.

Pretty much spot on. Not been that impressed with our defenders or our coach in the past few days.

Fair to say it's unlikely we're going to get a CB out of this lot.

Dermont Drummy is fucking clueless. We didn't get here by just acting clueless and just playing balls to Kiwomya. Play through the middle and then find the wings. Got nothing in the midfield and I'm sorry Ake is useless when you're chasing a game, put on Swift. I mean how obvious is it?

I must say, I'm not too sure how Ake got chances in the first team ahead of the likes of Davey, as one example.

Hannah likes this

Bad second-half performance but there's players there who can make a run at a first-team spot in the next few years.

Blame has to fall on Drummy though. No reason not to put Ake in the defence and keep the same midfield that dominated Arsenal for much of the second-half (before he withdrew them and nearly threw the game away). Add to that players making mistakes and the ball not running for us in the first-half and a disappointing affair all over.

Great achievement getting there but just one of those days.

This referee was fuckin terrible. They start stealing time by 48' and he add only 2 minutes? Two wrong penalties and red card for Kiwomya? Such a bullshit... Give me a break.

Baker and Pappoe was irritating as hell.

I am proud of our boys, they did a great job throughtout this tournament. It is normal for them to be sad but the trophy doesn't matter, they will have plenty of chances to win more important trophies in their career if they keep up the hard work. The future is bright.