Chelsea Vs Fenerbahce

DavidEU

(1) Chelsea FC Vs Fenerbahce S.K (2)

Avram Grants Chelsea must overcome a 2-1 deficit on Tuesday to progress to their 4th Champions League semi-final in 5 seasons against Turkish giants Fenerbahce.

Despite appearing to be in control for much of the first half and gaining an early 1-0 lead, Chelsea slipped in the second half, and Zico's men scored twice in the space of twenty minutes courtesy of ex-Sheffield United man Colin Kazim-Richards and a thirty yard screamer from Deivid.

Chelsea returned to winning ways on Saturday with a 2-0 win over Manchester City, whilst Fenerbahce were held to a 1-1 draw. The game saw a return for Roberto Carlos who could now face Chelsea at the Bridge on Tuesday. Petr Cech did not return to the Chelsea line-up for the game but after being rated 50-50 for the trip to Eastlands should be in contention for this game.

Only a Chelsea win will send the Blues through, and Didier Drogba and Ricardo Carvalho should return to the line-up. Mateja Kezman will return to the Bridge for the first time since spending a year at the club.

Come on you Chels! KTBFFH!

Match chat here
:blue scalf:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a Chelsea win will send the Blues through

To be precise, a win with the scoreline of

1-0

3-1

2-0 ,3-0 or more

can send us through.

We have to make sure we keep a clean sheet for this match and score the Goal.

I would have been more confident about this one with Jose Mourinho in charge. But with Grant, its 50-50

I would have been more confident about this one with Jose Mourinho in charge. But with Grant, its 50-50

Same.You know his subs be spot on,not experiment for big games!!

Erm 1-0.I think we can do this.If they score 1 then we're screwed cause really we're gana have to get 4 to avoid pens.Eeeeep

But he will have to bench one of ballack and lampard.

May be start with 4-3-3 an then change to 4-2-2 in second half if we need goals.

i'm sure 4-2-2 won't do us anything good :rolleyes:

I cant wait for this game, got my tickets and i'm so excited about this because its just such a massive game and its perfectly poised. 2-1 down, champions league quarter final 2nd leg, if we win we might get liverpool and revenge those 2 screwjobs.......dont get much bigger than that.

Only a game down to wastefullness or major bad luck or "one of those games" will stop us going through.

Going as well..my god if Fen score might not have a staudim/shed end left lol

Hopfully home advantage etc.Win on Saturday give us a boost.Just need to not go through crazy minutes and Grant to think v v v v carefully about line up and most of all subs!

And Drogba not to be his old self...

Edited by Laylabelle

man if they score, its gonna be crazy. I went to Chelsea vs Galatasaray in 99 and we luckily stopped them from scoring thank fuck.

Edited by OllieCFC

for those of you that think silly bollocks will go 4 4 2 forget it he's to terrified to gamble or play attacking football, so will we go through?????..................i really don't know!!!!!! i just can't trust the gonk i can see him making an almighty fuck up, but i really hope not.

regards:JBD

Roumers are comming out now that Grant is going to start with Essien at right back again and Malouda on the left wing! Just goes to show how he doesn't learn a thing......even if we do win tonight it is the wrong players to play there. The massively ineffectual Malouda to play in one of the biggest games of our season where we HAVE to win?

The Team:

23 Carlo Cudicini (G)

3 Ashley Cole (D)

26 John Terry (D)

6 Ricardo Carvalho (D)

10 Joe Cole (M)

8 Frank Lampard (M)

5 Michael Essien (M)

4 Claude Makelele (M)

13 Michael Ballack (M)

11 Didier Drogba (F)

21 Salomon Kalou (F)

come on boys lets get a win in this won, shut down all the talkers saying where not gonna win at home...

lets hope they are full of confidence after they 2-0 win of the weekend!!