Grant: No Problem Over Badges

Daily Mail

Grant: No problem with my coaching badges and I'll remain in charge at Chelsea Avram Grant is confident he can continue to manage Chelsea despite concerns over his qualifications. The former Israel coach faced flying back to his homeland every week in a bid to get his Uefa Pro Licence, which takes 240 hours of study. Under Uefa and Premier League rules, a Uefa Pro Licence is required by anyone wishing to manage in the top flight on a permanent basis, which is taken to mean more than 12 weeks. But Grant does have the highest form of coaching badge that was available when he qualified in Israel. "I did everything I need to get the badge. The problem is that Israel did not belong to Europe," he said. "They didn't have permission to grant the licence but two months ago Uefa gave them permission, so I don't think there will be any problem and I won't have to fly there every Monday."
:beer: Edited by Tri-Blue

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...