The "Americans"

Haven't been on the TV series flow in ages, after the cancellation of the late great '24' ( :cry: ) I have never been interested in TV shows as much. But that was the past. Other than Suits, this is the only TV series that can get me to stop doing my work and watch it. Its a about these two married KGB spies who live in Washington D.C. spying on the government and extract all their Top-Secret projects mostly on Military weaponry and such.The storyline so far is sublime! And with each passing week its been getting better and better and better.

It airs on FX at 10pm EST on Wednesday. So, does anyone else watch it??

One review on it

FX has renewed "The Americans" for a second season, the network announced Thursday.

The news comes as no surprise, considering the Keri Russell/Matthew Rhys drama was FX's most-watched debut ever, garnering 5.11 million total viewers for its premiere. Nine episodes currently remain in the show's freshman season, and the series will return for a 13-episode second season in 2014.

“'The Americans' has quickly established itself as a key part FX’s acclaimed drama line-up,” FX President John Landgraf said in a statement. “Executive Producers Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields and Graham Yost and their collaborators are telling riveting and deeply emotional stories and the performances of Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich and the entire cast are simply outstanding. The show is truly worthy of its widespread critical acclaim and we are confident that its quality will continue to yield a robust and passionate audience.”

"The Americans" Season 1 is currently airing Wednesdays at 10 p.m. EST on FX.

p.s.--gotta love the sex scenes in the show aswell! :eyebrows:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@, LMAOO are they really that late with providing new shows there?

YEAH! :angry:

We usually are one season late in every TV show. When a season ends in USA, it takes a couple of months to start here...

Thank God for the invention of the Internet and their free streams! :)

@, Well that must suck, but as long as nobody spoils it for you its ok i guess.

I am downloading it right now! :lol:

But I would much prefer seeing it on my 55" HD beauty than on my shit 13" laptop screen in low resolution...

I am downloading it right now! :lol:

But I would much prefer seeing it on my 55" HD beauty than on my shit 13" laptop screen in low resolution...

hahaha, hopefully you'll like it, if you're into those serious, thought provoking TV shows it should catch on with you. :D

But remember if not, just watch for the sex scenes. LMAOOO

hahaha, hopefully you'll like it, if you're into those serious, thought provoking TV shows it should catch on with you. :D

But remember if not, just watch for the sex scenes. LMAOOO

LOOOOOOOL, I AM ALL FOR SEX SCENES! :D

I love serious series, but the problem is that once they become mainstream, they tune it down and it gets dumb. I remeber The Sopranos very well! :(

@Blue-in-me-Veins, COME ON! Do you call all of this sex scenes? Have you watched Rome or Spartacus?

On a serious note though, this is a fucking awesome series. Up there with Homeland...(although I think this one is still the best new series I have seen in the last couple of years)

I watched the first 5 episodes, deleted and now dowloading the last 3.