test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Muzchap

Wishlist Julian Draxler

Started by Muzchap,

181 posts in this topic

SkySports reporting we are interested...

I like this guy, looks awesome, him on the left, Hazard on right and switching all game - just wow!

We could buy him and loan him back for a year if Schalke need him so badly, I would gladly wait a year for ths guy, or do cash and Marin - seeing as Marin is getting no game time :(

Anyway, this guy - yes please ;)

If already another thread, please merge - did search but found nothing ;)

He is similar to Neymar, yet Neymar is not needed and doesnt provide width...

Not a top priority, but he is great. He goes all the way up to 5 stars on FM! :lol:

No thanks. We have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, and De Bruyne for attacking midfielder next season. We don't need anybody else there. Hazard, Mata, and De Bruyne can all play on the left side. If we were to get another attacking midfielder, I'd rather get a true winger who provides real width and can play on the right. (Someone like the way Antonio Valencia played last year.)

Well if we were going down the Bundesliga route then i would definitely much rather welcome Draxler to the club than Schurrle, has looked great every time i've seen him play

No thanks. We have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, and De Bruyne for attacking midfielder next season. We don't need anybody else there. Hazard, Mata, and De Bruyne can all play on the left side. If we were to get another attacking midfielder, I'd rather get a true winger who provides real width and can play on the right. (Someone like the way Antonio Valencia played last year.)

If De Bruyne had some serious pace it would be disgusting the damage he could do down the right. It's just a shame that 'true wingers' are a rapidly dying breed.

PS: I miss your old avatar

If De Bruyne had some serious pace it would be disgusting the damage he could do down the right. It's just a shame that 'true wingers' are a rapidly dying breed.

PS: I miss your old avatar

It's true but I don't think people appreciate the off the ball importance of true wingers especially the space it creates, dragging the fullback and the tracking winger out of a central position. A lot of 4-2-3-1 teams are playing really centrally with their attacking midfielders, but I don't think it generally works as well.

I'm just trying something a little different with the avatar. Trying to squeeze a bunch of Chelsea legends from different eras in although the 1997 FA Cup remains special to me (as it does to many of us).

It's true but I don't think people appreciate the off the ball importance of true wingers especially the space it creates, dragging the fullback and the tracking winger out of a central position. A lot of 4-2-3-1 teams are playing really centrally with their attacking midfielders, but I don't think it generally works as well.

I'm just trying something a little different with the avatar. Trying to squeeze a bunch of Chelsea legends from different eras in although the 1997 FA Cup remains special to me (as it does to many of us).

That is because the game has evolved, not many managers see wingers as necessary. The responsibility of width for the team has gone to fullbacks, that is why all of the best fullbacks in the world are excellent going forward.you don't find FB that actually prioritizes defending over attacking in the game either.

Fuck me can we actually promote our youngsters and loans instead of fucking buying inexperienced kids and loaning them out?

We need natural wingers FFS, we have plenty of attacking mids

How is Draxler inexperienced...

Muzchap likes this

That is because the game has evolved, not many managers see wingers as necessary. The responsibility of width for the team has gone to fullbacks, that is why all of the best fullbacks in the world are excellent going forward.you don't find FB that actually prioritizes defending over attacking in the game either.

Yeah, but I always find these large-scale transitions odd because they last for a few years and then some other team has success with a different formation and suddenly, everyone changes. I think more teams could move to a back three like you're seeing a lot in Italy. If teams aren't going to attack with width and fullbacks are more for attack, then why not play with a wing-back or even wide midfielders instead? They can better mark the attacking fullbacks and when they turn the ball over, can counter very quickly.

Yeah. He is definitely chocked full of it at 19

Nearly 70 appearances for the Schalke first-team, a top German side. Three seasons playing in the Champions League. A fully capped international. And you're comparing him with our academy kids?

Muzchap likes this

Nearly 70 appearances for the Schalke first-team, a top German side. Three seasons playing in the Champions League. A fully capped international. And you're comparing him with our academy kids?

Marin had close to 90 appearances for Werder Bremen, decent german side...he also has 16 caps for Germany...but he's struggling to get a game at Chelsea.

Draxler needs regular games to be a star...which won't happen at Chelsea...with Mata, Hazard, Oscar ahead of him.

Seems a good player... We don't particularly need him right now but if we can get him cheaply then great... He will have great resale value whatever happens. Also a bit different as he offers a lot more height to midfield. Not exactly a big deal for an AM but still, not a bad thing.

Muzchap likes this

Marin had close to 90 appearances for Werder Bremen, decent german side...he also has 16 caps for Germany...but he's struggling to get a game at Chelsea.

Draxler needs regular games to be a star...which won't

happen at Chelsea...with Mata, Hazard, Oscar ahead of him.

I was not talking about Draxler's suitability for Chelsea, but rather how he was referred to as an inexperienced player of a similar calibre to our youth players.

I'm comparing him with our policies in buying kids then loaning them out in order to increase their ability while at the same time we splash more cash on others to keep him still away from us. He'll fit right in

Yeah, but I always find these large-scale transitions odd because they last for a few years and then some other team has success with a different formation and suddenly, everyone changes. I think more teams could move to a back three like you're seeing a lot in Italy. If teams aren't going to attack with width and fullbacks are more for attack, then why not play with a wing-back or even wide midfielders instead? They can better mark the attacking fullbacks and when they turn the ball over, can counter very quickly.

Possibly, but i think a lot of teams would rather have a DM drop deep and act as a third CB. But definitely more teams are trying the 3 CB system, and Barca experimented with that a lot last season.

Well most fullbacks are kinda wing-backs, even though i classify them as FB. I mean guys like Alves, Alba, Marcelo, Coentrao, Piszczek, Srna, Lahm(more attacking in recent years), Alaba, etc cant be classified as FB anymore.

oh Draxler is an amazing talent, if he wants be a Chelsea player i wouldnt say no. Would be a bad decision for his career though.

Great prospect but why not take a look at our current squad with all the youth and loanees and think twice?!

I mean we arent realy desperate in AM areas right? We will probably play 4:3:3 and where would draxler play? Its already difficult to put Mazacar and Kdb all in one formation, and Draxler is too good to sit on bench.

We cant have all talents of this world...just because they play well.