Lewis Baker

Stats

Got a feeling that Baker might just be the next big thing after Terry to make a mark here. He is a proper CM. Can pass, shoot, brilliant technically with either foot, physically strong, excellent set piece taker and he is only 18. No wonder he captains the U21. Natural leader, composed and makes things look so easy. He pretty much has the full package and hopefully it is not too long before he gets a U21 call but he will need proper first team competitive football first. Expect him to go out loan next season which hopefully will be brilliant for his development and our assessment to see where he is at. Not to mention that his goalscoring record for someone a CM is absolutely brilliant. Second season in a row he is in double figures IIRC. Nearly on 20 or so it seems this season. Top talent!

Got a feeling that Baker might just be the next big thing after Terry to make a mark here. He is a proper CM. Can pass, shoot, brilliant technically with either foot, physically strong, excellent set piece taker and he is only 18. No wonder he captains the U21. Natural leader, composed and makes things look so easy. He pretty much has the full package and hopefully it is not too long before he gets a U21 call but he will need proper first team competitive football first. Expect him to go out loan next season which hopefully will be brilliant for his development and our assessment to see where he is at. Not to mention that his goalscoring record for someone a CM is absolutely brilliant. Second season in a row he is in double figures IIRC. Nearly on 20 or so it seems this season. Top talent!

Yep, plus he's English too, which is a huge bonus. I dunno, his style of play reminds me of Jermaine Jenas. He's just a more talented version. The physical and toughness aspect is what seperates him from McEachran. He's a bigger talent than Josh, IMO. Has more to his game too.

You like arguing a lot. Swift's technique is just as good as those players.

What is the point of a forum? Is it not to discuss & debate your opinions? Am I just meant to fit here and accept what you've said as final even though my opinion over the matter is different?

Regardless, like I said before. Swift's technique is good but I don't think he's on Musonda/Baker level, just like I don't think RLC's is, but both are stronger in different areas. That doesn't mean I said they're not good technically because they are. Just not as good.

José sure rates him at least.. And José knows his stuff

Would love it if he made it here, as I said above and as I've said before in this thread he's definitely one of the top youth talents at the club alongside RLC, Boga, Musonda & Chalobah. I personally think these 5 have the biggest chance to make it here, hopefully 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 will. Another youngster I really like who's killing it at the moment is Dom Solanke, proper technical CF, but we'll see how he develops his game in the next few season. He's having a great season so far though.

What many people also forget about Baker is that he was player of the tournament at the NextGen series, and that's huge.

Another interesting fact is that he could apparently do over 600 keepie upies at the age of 9!

I hope that when Jose has established the team that he'll bring through these young lads too. They're certainly the most talented batch of youth players we've had at the club.

Would love it if he made it here, as I said above and as I've said before in this thread he's definitely one of the top youth talents at the club alongside RLC, Boga, Musonda & Chalobah. I personally think these 5 have the biggest chance to make it here, hopefully 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 will. Another youngster I really like who's killing it at the moment is Dom Solanke, proper technical CF, but we'll see how he develops his game in the next few season. He's having a great season so far though.

What many people also forget about Baker is that he was player of the tournament at the NextGen series, and that's huge.

Another interesting fact is that he could apparently do over 600 keepie upies at the age of 9!With

I hope that when Jose has established the team that he'll bring through these young lads too. They're certainly the most talented batch of youth players we've had at the club.

Has also been excellent this season in the Uefa Youth League and if the U19 progress and he continues with his form he probably will end up player of the tournament for this season as well.

Yes, fully agree with Solanke. Massive talent and what will help him progress here over other strikers we have is that he is extremely powerful and fast. He is still only a schoolboy as well so he is not even a 1st year scholar yet. Should develop into a top notch centre forward and hopefully with us!

• 1 month later...

Scored another 2 this afternoon in a 4-2 victory over WBA. Now reading that he is on 16 goals and 10 assists for the season. What a season he has had for a CM including making his first team debut applr.gif

Hopefully a loan at a championship team is on the cards for next season.