Lewis Baker

Stats

Let's be honest, with such an academy and such a competitive first team it is going to happen - Some players are made to be sold. I doubt Baker is one of them, but he has lots of competition for those coveted first team places. In the next few years:

RLC

Oscar

Cesc

Willian

Thorgan

van Ginkel

Of RLC, Thorgan, Oscar, Ginkel, and Baker at least 2 will be going, and I'm almost certain it would not be Loftus Cheek.

In other areas the problem is less acute, but about a quarter of our loan players will ever make it into the FT squad, sub or otherwise.

How do you rate his future chances of making it here ? He reminds of young Lampard.

Not sure tbh, couple of years back I thought no but he seems to be the one Mou values quite highly.

Hopefully he can break into the Wednesday team as there flurry of deadline day signings doesn't seem to have done him many favours if there last team sheet is anything to go by, unless he was injured.

Not sure tbh, couple of years back I thought no but he seems to be the one Mou values quite highly.

Hopefully he can break into the Wednesday team as there flurry of deadline day signings doesn't seem to have done him many favours if there last team sheet is anything to go by, unless he was injured.

looked on twitter to find it why he didnt play

apparently SG felt the match-day squad he selected was the best one to get them the three points.

what a load of bollocks. this is why i hate pisspot championship clubs, never trust them with your top prospects, unless u got someone in place like at borough. i would recall him , mediocre club like wedneday don't deserve such a talent. hope they get relegated

Hope next year after we win the Capital Cup this year we start using it far more to give players like Baker and co experience and slowly hopefully break into the 1st team squad(i'd like at least 5 playing and or on the bench!) On the loan situation i think, we have seen in the last few seasons it starting too pay , and ffp kicking in Cfc have got a advantage on the way to make profit with players, If Jose and staff don't think they will make it with Cfc or whatever make a profit and move on. Myself would love to see the Ake,Rufus,Baker,Bamford etc be good enough to progress to become 1st team regulars and the signs are very positive that most of will! A midfield of Fabregas-Matic-Ramires-Another world classs Cm and Baker-Rufus-Chalobah would do for me next season

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not forget thats how Bamford started. If he proves himself he has a very small chance of making an impression.

Youre right whs. I am too cynical

As well as Bamford has done in the short space of time, he may still not even play a game here. FWIW if Boro go up they may try and get Bamford permanently like SpecialJuan was suggesting.

Hope next year after we win the Capital Cup this year we start using it far more to give players like Baker and co experience and slowly hopefully break into the 1st team squad(i'd like at least 5 playing and or on the bench!) On the loan situation i think, we have seen in the last few seasons it starting too pay , and ffp kicking in Cfc have got a advantage on the way to make profit with players, If Jose and staff don't think they will make it with Cfc or whatever make a profit and move on. Myself would love to see the Ake,Rufus,Baker,Bamford etc be good enough to progress to become 1st team regulars and the signs are very positive that most of will! A midfield of Fabregas-Matic-Ramires-Another world classs Cm and Baker-Rufus-Chalobah would do for me next season

Sweet Dreams are made of this ,, Who am I to disagree'''''''''''

I have a few friends who are MK Dons season ticket holders and know a few that work at the club, they seem to be very pleased with Baker as a loan signing. Robinson will give him a go as they are relying heavily on the loan system to go up. Fingers crossed he impresses!

• 2 weeks later...

I am worried about Lewis Baker. Must be said. He had an excellent season for the U21/U19 last season and got around 20 goals or so and to top that of got the young player of the year award and Mourinho promoted him to the first team squad and mentioned how excited he is for him. However after spending some time training with the first team he went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday where it did not work out. Was subbed of in on game at H/T and then got dropped altogether from their squad for the next game which led to us calling him back. We then loaned him out to MK Dons where he was a sub first game. Not too surprising as he maybe needs to build up match fitness and to be fair he starts their next game and scores a wonder goal, albeit a defeat but not too sure how his general performance was that game. However since that he has been benched both games despite scoring that excellent goal.

I just find it a bit worrying that with his status, he has not managed to easily slot into their midfield which he should be if he was Chelsea standard. I like Baker a lot but maybe it is a case that he struggles to adapt to playing with players that are not of CFC quality. For someone who was expected to make such an impact in the Championship to then being on the bench 3 times at a L1 club is rather worrying. I hope it is the case that the manager feels he is not match sharp yet but expects him to make a huge impact because I was expecting big things from Baker this season.