Lewis Baker

Stats

Regardless of whether that is true or not, Kane is a great example as to why you shouldn't write someone off after a bad couple of loan spells.

Ross Barkely is another one. Even those that are impressing on loan are not getting any look in and that's a big worry. This is attributed to the mentality that the jump from youth to playing first team football is so huge that those that impress in the championship and leagues around Europe are always dismissed with comments like "doing it at a club like Chelsea is a different matter altogether.

What's the point of sending them out on loan if the management have already made up their mind that impressing in a league or level they consider inferior to the premier league counts for absolutely nothing. You are just wasting this youngsters time under such circumstances. close the academy and sell them already.

It's an impossible mission trying to impress or convince someone with a "meh but can you do it at this level, I don't think so" mentality. These youngsters can impress all they want on loan, it won't change a thing.

Harry Kane got the chance to go back to his parent club and force his way into the team AFTER an unsuccessful loan. Do you honestly believe Harry Kane could come back to Chelsea after a bad loan and get some minutes? It would never happen no matter how talented he is and/or how hard he worked.

Unfortunately for our players an unsuccessful loan is almost a guarantee they have no future at the club. The loans can be bad for a plethora of reasons, but they will still be deemed not good enough and end up going out several more times.

Fair enough Harry Kane was a bit of a bad example, however if our player's impress on loan they will keep getting higher loans until they are impossible to ignore, like with Tibo, rightly or wrongly they will need to hit that level out on loan to be a first teamer.

Where I think we could do better is use the decent products as squad player's like say Jack Cork, in fact he should have been one of the one's we promoted in 2010.

However I don't believe Jose is this youth hating maniac he is portrayed to be, the fact he has given a number of player's debuts shows he has an interest, I know on the outside it seems easy to give Solanke 20 minutes when were 5-0 up, but for the immediate interest it would have been easier to bring Salah on to build his fitness. Also in his last spell he had clear intentions to promote Hutch but the unfortunate injuries prevented that, and he started giving gsmes to Scott Sinclair (even threw him on against Arsenal when we needed another goal to stay in the title race) until he broke his metertarsal and by the time he recovered Jose was gone.

Ross Barkely is another one. Even those that are impressing on loan are not getting any look in and that's a big worry. This is attributed to the mentality that the jump from youth to playing first team football is so huge that those that impress in the championship and leagues around Europe are always dismissed with comments like "doing it at a club like Chelsea is a different matter altogether.

What's the point of sending them out on loan if the management have already made up their mind that impressing in a league or level they consider inferior to the premier league counts for absolutely nothing. You are just wasting this youngsters time under such circumstances. close the academy and sell them already.

It's an impossible mission trying to impress or convince someone with a "meh but can you do it at this level, I don't think so" mentality. These youngsters can impress all they want on loan, it won't change a thing.

Tibo and even Sturridge to an extent show that great loans will be rewarded.

Tibo and even Sturridge to an extent show that great loans will be rewarded.

The only problem I have is that we have invested heavily on the youth academy and none of them are making the breakthrough. Courtois and Sturridge are good examples of how the loan system has worked for us but since we have one of the best youth academies in Europe it would be good to see at least one come through and be a major part of the team. This is what has not happened. With some of the talent we have in our youth teams it will be hugely disappointing to not see some of them make it through to the first team. Especially the likes of Boga and RLC.

The only problem I have is that we have invested heavily on the youth academy and none of them are making the breakthrough. Courtois and Sturridge are good examples of how the loan system has worked for us but since we have one of the best youth academies in Europe it would be good to see at least one come through and be a major part of the team. This is what has not happened. With some of the talent we have in our youth teams it will be hugely disappointing to not see some of them make it through to the first team. Especially the likes of Boga and RLC.

But the club is still profiting overall from the investment.

But the club is still profiting overall from the investment.

We are but can you have pride in that? All the work our team from the youth set up put in to see these players not make it. Mourinho has even admitted the importance of having players come through.

Yeah but there is only so much the club can do if the player's don't have the commitment long term, this isn't just a problem with Chelsea but football in general.

I mean it's not like we haven't tried to integrate youth, we released experience to make way for youth in 2010, then it was pretty obvious quite early those player's weren't good enough so we had to burn out already ageing first teamers.

Breaking into a top squad isn't easy, you have to go through lots of hurdles to get there and even then it might not be enough.

Do I want a academy player(s) to make it here? Of course, however giving them vital squad places that they haven't proven they can cope with? Sorry we tried that once, and it messed us up to the point we were in transition for 4 years (if it weren't for the miracle of Munich god knows how long it would have took).

We are but can you have pride in that? All the work our team from the youth set up put in to see these players not make it. Mourinho has even admitted the importance of having players come through.

If you can come up with the names of three teams that are integrating youth players into their squad and winning trophies I will accept what you're saying.

This is a very high level our youth are trying to crack which is why so much investment is being made.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2903231/Chelsea-sent-30-players-loan-season-Lewis-Baker-s-switch-Sheffield-Wednesday-making-star-midfielder.html

This is shocking tbh. 30 players that's THIRTY players smh.

We should write a book titled developing youngsters the Chelsea way by Krusty the clown

It's not all that bad the loan system we have. They're more likely to get more game at the loaned club which will help them develop as a player, then they'll return either a first team player or sold off for profit.

Bertrand is going to get interest by clubs when he returns, can't see him playing in front of Azpi and Luis.

hang on you are telling me Baker didn't even have his "academy day" before being shipped out on loan. it's worse than I thought.

Didn't get a sniff as far as I can remember.

I'm sure that statement was released just to get him to sign a new deal etc. Now they've got him locked up for the next few years they can do as they please.

• 5 weeks later...