Lewis Baker

Stats

Cracks me up that people use Pogba as The example for youth players not being given a chance or xyz can be the new Pogba etc.

Just because he is part of a 0.0001% minority that leave a top club, goto a sub par division and shine.

It's more the attachment to the name Juventus than anything. Do I think he's a good player? Yes. Class? Flashes. Is his name more in the spot light because he plays for the name Juventus in what is considered a subpar league? Imo, yes.

It's impossible to denote what coaches see day in day out sitting behind a keyboard, unfortunately. Sometimes coaches get it wrong, wrong time/place for the player, players attitude, all sorts of factors.

If we had a super super super talent then there would be more of an outcry than a few forum posts.

That's not me saying we do not have talented youngsters, we do, however we do not see day to day. If we had good enough youngsters, now, they'd be apart of things especially winger wise but the team and way we play requires such discipline and tactical awareness that international players are having trouble keeping up.

But how will we know unless we give them a chance!? If they are good enough they will get their chance in training, in a match or on loan which requires a very astute head on a young mans shoulders but also the right coach, do I feel sorry for Nathan? No, if you cannot get into the burnley team under Sean who values workrate and spirit then there is something wrong.

Exactly and people also don't realise that for one Pogba there's a Drogba or even Grafite (who wasn't even a professional aged 23).

I actually feel, and have felt for years, that the loan system is totally broken.. As a club you cannot just farm someone out, you almost need a minder or a department focused to that individual, how many times have we seen or read players, youngsters, former and current saying "Yeah I'm in contact with Chelsea every few weeks" "Not heard from the club for a while but I just got to get my head down and work hard" or you might say "Well player development department duh?" "They have people assigned to this" Well clearly not enough.

I think to be a success or to be clearly judged it shouldnt all weigh on the shoulders of an 18 year old lad or younger/slightly older. I know for sure at that age only a few things were on my mind let alone earning £10k a week or £5k a week at the same time.

I can bet alot that we all wish we could go back to when we played football as a youngster and try that little bit harder, I know I do - I suspect many youngsters/loanees feel the same, a big chance missed - (Hi Josh!!)

If your loaning a talent out, you should be in contact almost on a day to day basis, management wise, man management, training management, not every other week watching tapes of reserve games or match games.

I actually feel, and have felt for years, that the loan system is totally broken.. As a club you cannot just farm someone out, you almost need a minder or a department focused to that individual, how many times have we seen or read players, youngsters, former and current saying "Yeah I'm in contact with Chelsea every few weeks" "Not heard from the club for a while but I just got to get my head down and work hard" or you might say "Well player development department duh?" "They have people assigned to this" Well clearly not enough.

I think to be a success or to be clearly judged it shouldnt all weigh on the shoulders of an 18 year old lad or younger/slightly older. I know for sure at that age only a few things were on my mind let alone earning £10k a week or £5k a week at the same time.

I can bet alot that we all wish we could go back to when we played football as a youngster and try that little bit harder, I know I do - I suspect many youngsters/loanees feel the same, a big chance missed - (Hi Josh!!)

If your loaning a talent out, you should be in contact almost on a day to day basis, management wise, man management, training management, not every other week watching tapes of reserve games or match games.

Yes, it's very interesting what you say. I remember when Courtois was in the Atletico de Madrid it was said that he was receiving videos every week to improve their technical skills, but I do not remember if someone was with Courtois in Madrid helping him and guarding him every day. I know perfectly Madrid and a young boy of 18 years (which had Courtois when he came to Atletico de Madrid) is so simple that he can lose his mind and go crazy with money and parties. The night of Madrid is very greedy for young boys and they usually are not prepared for this change of life.

I also think Chelsea should create an office with club workers to accompany the players in the different countries where we have them loans and helping them to assimilate the change seen with money, fame and parties. If we have 30 young players on loan, I believe that at least two people accompanying each player on loan to help them take these profound changes in their lives.

We all know what it is to be young and in those years have the company tutors and they provide advice to young guys so that they do not spoil their careers.

That would be only create a new department at The Academy. I know if we already have that department (if we do not have it, we should create it), but it would be very interesting to be closer to our young players to help and advise them better.

Very interesting your post, DH1988.

Cracks me up that people use Pogba as The example for youth players not being given a chance or xyz can be the new Pogba etc.

Just because he is part of a 0.0001% minority that leave a top club, goto a sub par division and shine.

It's more the attachment to the name Juventus than anything. Do I think he's a good player? Yes. Class? Flashes. Is his name more in the spot light because he plays for the name Juventus in what is considered a subpar league? Imo, yes.

It's impossible to denote what coaches see day in day out sitting behind a keyboard, unfortunately. Sometimes coaches get it wrong, wrong time/place for the player, players attitude, all sorts of factors.

If we had a super super super talent then there would be more of an outcry than a few forum posts.

That's not me saying we do not have talented youngsters, we do, however we do not see day to day. If we had good enough youngsters, now, they'd be apart of things especially winger wise but the team and way we play requires such discipline and tactical awareness that international players are having trouble keeping up.

But how will we know unless we give them a chance!? If they are good enough they will get their chance in training, in a match or on loan which requires a very astute head on a young mans shoulders but also the right coach, do I feel sorry for Nathan? No, if you cannot get into the burnley team under Sean who values workrate and spirit then there is something wrong.

I think you need to go back and look at the mitigating factors that surrounded Pogba leaving. First, and certainly the most obvious was he felt he was ready to start featuring more regularly and Sir Alex never gave him a chance. Many people say that had more to do with the fact that he hadn't put pen to paper on a new contract more so than Alex thinking he wasn't ready. From Pogba's perspective he was willing to wait but only if Utd were willing to show a real commitment in dollar amount, he was looking to double his wages in order to sit and wait. When Juventus came along(Pogba's agent is Mino Raiola) and promised him more money than he was on AND an opportunity to play regularly Paul took the deal. Few can argue that it was the right one... Pogba left because he wanted to play and wanted assurances that he would, not because he hadn't shown he was ready.

Also, Paul is not only showing his quality at the best club in Italy but also internationally, where he was one of the best players for a french team that went to the q-finals of the World cup, he is without a doubt an incredible prospect at the age of 21. As for his flashes of brilliance what do you expect at his age? He has world class potential, he not yet world class. His name is out there because he is showing he can perform on big stages, has nothing to do with a subpar league or Juventus, he's young and already playing/excelling at a high level.

Now, when you look at the Chelsea situation it is much different. Players like Ake, Baker and Loftus-Cheek are very talented indeed but in order for them to reach their potential(whether that is good pro or great player) they need to play and that isn't going to happen when the club is in it to win everything. Loic Remy and Luis are't even playing much less Baker. Our youngsters are very good but the level they're being asked to play at is extremely high and they may not get the looks they need in order to show that quality.

Today is a good day for Lewis Baker, he is getting loaned to a championship squad and will likely play for them. If he performs admirably for them he will get a look in next year and perhaps make Van Ginkel(who was suppose to play before his injuries) expendable. As is the case at all top clubs in the world integrating youth is very difficult and at Chelsea its definitely not a priority.

:rolleyes:

Who has the time or resources for that? These are men we're dealing with here! Only the strong will make it...

Welp, I guess Baker is the next academy player to get lost in the loan system. This will be the first of several loans before he's sold/released. Right now the mood is 'impress here and he will definitely get a chance'. By the 5th or 6th loan it'll be 'well he clearly was never that good'.

And in the meantime there will be other players hyped up as 'THE one to finally break through since John Terry'...and then they'll go through the same process.

The Chelsea way :worship:

Welp, I guess Baker is the next academy player to get lost in the loan system. This will be the first of several loans before he's sold/released. Right now the mood is 'impress here and he will definitely get a chance'. By the 5th or 6th loan it'll be 'well he clearly was never that good'.

And in the meantime there will be other players hyped up as 'THE one to finally break through since John Terry'...and then they'll go through the same process.

Oh well.... Only the best can make it. Only the strong will survive...

Harry Kane had many loans including having to drop down to the Championship after flopping at Norwich now look at him. He could have given up and thought fuck this when Spurs signed Adebayor then Soldado instead of promoting him but he kept going and is now reaping the rewards.

Chalobah, McEachran, Kakuta etc got lost in the loan system because they didn't perform, these managers will only play them if they deserve to play.

And how many of these players who have taken on loan have become big players references in the world of football?.

I do not know, but if they are so good I'm sure that Chelsea is not foolish enough to give a player who triumphs on another computer. I've only seen Courtois become a major player in the world of football, and although he returned to us and we had Cech, which is one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

I think you trust too much on young players, but I see none being a world reference of football. Only Courtois and he's here.

I think that mentality only young players of The Academy is a small team mentality, and we are Chelsea and we are one of the best teams in the world. In our team there is no time to give opportunities to anyone, if we do that very soon we would be losers, and I do not want that to happen. I prefer our current winning mentality that has made in the last 10 years we are one of the top 5 teams in the world With Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and Manchester United.

Harry Kane had many loans including having to drop down to the Championship after flopping at Norwich now look at him. He could have given up and thought fuck this when Spurs signed Adebayor then Soldado instead of promoting him but he kept going and is now reaping the rewards.

Chalobah, McEachran, Kakuta etc got lost in the loan system because they didn't perform, these managers will only play them if they deserve to play.

Harry Kane got the chance to go back to his parent club and force his way into the team AFTER an unsuccessful loan. Do you honestly believe Harry Kane could come back to Chelsea after a bad loan and get some minutes? It would never happen no matter how talented he is and/or how hard he worked.

Unfortunately for our players an unsuccessful loan is almost a guarantee they have no future at the club. The loans can be bad for a plethora of reasons, but they will still be deemed not good enough and end up going out several more times.

Harry Kane got the chance to go back to his parent club and force his way into the team AFTER an unsuccessful loan. Do you honestly believe Harry Kane could come back to Chelsea after a bad loan and get some minutes? It would never happen no matter how talented he is and/or how hard he worked.

Unfortunately for our players an unsuccessful loan is almost a guarantee they have no future at the club. The loans can be bad for a plethora of reasons, but they will still be deemed not good enough and end up going out several more times.

Because Tottenham are shit.

Very disapointed Lewis didnt get A) Some game time in 1st half of season B) Now he has been shipped out and our fixture list is crazy and we need to rotate C) I'd like to see more of the young blues givin a chance ,Capital 1 cup we should have at least 3 on the field and 3 on the bench ,and FA cup games and Champion league games that we should win or dead rubbers. Ake , Ruben, Baker should have been used more in games especially CM to freshen up the midfield

Regardless of whether that is true or not, Kane is a great example as to why you shouldn't write someone off after a bad couple of loan spells.

They went to Kane after every other striker they had shit the bed repeatedly. If that's what you guys are considering as a legitimate shot at the Prem, well then every youth player we have has got a long wait ahead of them

They went to Kane after every other striker they had shit the bed repeatedly. If that's what you guys are considering as a legitimate shot at the Prem, well then every youth player we have has got a long wait ahead of them

Yup... They went to Kane... Instead of buying another striker.