Lewis Baker

Stats

I'd put him in our 24man squad this season,especially if we dont sign another cm if Jose is to believed!

He does not need to be included as he is under 21. Personally I think he would be best by having a loan. He has been playing reserve football for around 2-3 years and has clearly outgrown it. I think he needs competitive action this season to aid his development. Hopefully at the right team. But he is a real talent.

He does not need to be included as he is under 21. Personally I think he would be best by having a loan. He has been playing reserve football for around 2-3 years and has clearly outgrown it. I think he needs competitive action this season to aid his development. Hopefully at the right team. But he is a real talent.

No i meant Jose likes to work apparently with 24 players and says that we won't be signing any more players so my reckoning 5 loaness/u21 are going to get a slot,i'd give the midfield slot to him.

No i meant Jose likes to work apparently with 24 players and says that we won't be signing any more players so my reckoning 5 loaness/u21 are going to get a slot,i'd give the midfield slot to him.

By the looks like of it we may have Ramires, Fabregas, Matic, MVG, Mikel, Chalobah and Romeu for them positions. If he is kept around he will more than certainly be playing U21 fixtures and might get some cup appearances. I think it would be good for him to experience first team football at a Championship team. This hopefully will develop him better mentally, technically and physically and would be better rather than him having a majority of the season with the reserves.

By the looks like of it we may have Ramires, Fabregas, Matic, MVG, Mikel, Chalobah and Romeu for them positions. If he is kept around he will more than certainly be playing U21 fixtures and might get some cup appearances. I think it would be good for him to experience first team football at a Championship team. This hopefully will develop him better mentally, technically and physically and would be better rather than him having a majority of the season with the reserves.

I am FOR promoting Lewis Baker, selling Mikel.

They are completely different types of midfielders?

still another body competing for the 2 or 3 midfield spots. and would limit bakers opportunities, directly or indirectly. and with romeu seemingly back, mikel is not worth the squad place.

Mourinho: "Officially in the 1st-team squad, we have Christiansen, Ake, probably Baker, because I want to have one more English player"

"If, in a few years, Baker, Brown and Solanke are not national team players, I should blame myself"

Mourinho: "Officially in the 1st-team squad, we have Christiansen, Ake, probably Baker, because I want to have one more English player"

"If, in a few years, Baker, Brown and Solanke are not national team players, I should blame myself"

Link please