Lewis Baker

Stats

Strengths

Two-footed

Excellent technique

Brilliant set piece taker

Vision (Yes, he is a creative playmaker)

Good balance/strength

Composed

Versatile (CM but can also play on either flank or as a no.10

Weaknesses

Lack of pace but not really an issue as that does not really affect the position he plays in.

Thank you very much.So is he a good dribbler like Barkley?Do you think that he will make it here?Or is he another talent like Kakuta who was just a talent,not more?Is Baker a similar player to RLC and who is better?RLC or Baker?

Thank you very much.So is he a good dribbler like Barkley?Do you think that he will make it here?Or is he another talent like Kakuta who was just a talent,not more?Is Baker a similar player to RLC and who is better?RLC or Baker?

Baker is different from Barkley imo. Barkley is a lot more explosive. Baker is good at keeping possession but he does not have that dribbling and explosive acceleration like Barkley. I am hopeful that he can make it here but I cannot guarantee it simply because of our track record with other players from our academy. If he keeps going the way he is I am hopeful he will make it here as he is a genuine talent but for me it is really 50/50. Kakuta was a weird one because I enjoyed watching him when he played in the youth cup for us. Simply was amazing to watch but never fulfilled his talent.

Hard to compare RLC and Baker. Right now Baker is slightly ahead in development and playing level. RLC is a beast physically and if it was not for his injuries earlier in his career he probably would be a bit more advanced in development. In the long run I reckon RLC might make it here ahead of Baker. Not because I think he is better but because I reckon his build and physical strengths will help him in making it here and he is slightly younger than Baker as well but going back to Barkley, he is more similar to RLC. RLC is not an attacking midfielder but has that ability like Barkley to power past people with their close ball control and power.

Hope that helps mate.

• 2 weeks later...

The way our young player played brilliantly in one season, winning some title and cups, won the young player of the year award, and then he is going on loan, sometimes doesn't even have enough game time, sometimes unlucky with an injury and at the end of the day they will be sold, doesn't sound right to me.

I think we should starting to give a chance to every young player that played brilliantly and won young player of the year like Baker in the first team at least for 6 months. Play him as a sub and as a starter in cup games. If he is struggle then in January we could loan him. No harm at all. Every young player of the year deserved that kind of opportunity in my opinion. It also can motivate other players to push their limit, so they are someday could get the same opportunity.

The way our young player played brilliantly in one season, winning some title and cups, won the young player of the year award, and then he is going on loan, sometimes doesn't even have enough game time, sometimes unlucky with an injury and at the end of the day they will be sold, doesn't sound right to me.

I think we should starting to give a chance to every young player that played brilliantly and won young player of the year like Baker in the first team at least for 6 months. Play him as a sub and as a starter in cup games. If he is struggle then in January we could loan him. No harm at all. Every young player of the year deserved that kind of opportunity in my opinion. It also can motivate other players to push their limit, so they are someday could get the same opportunity.

Great post - sadly unlikely to ever happen...

People won't even give Salah a chance - let alone a youth player - the FIFA / FM culture rules too many small childish brains. They don't realise (as still immature) that experience is required - and the only way to get experience is to play, but massive criticism and stupid expectations lead to players being slated constantly...

I hope we do see the youth team in the Worthless Cup - much like Arsenal do... Would be great for them and give te others a rest

They could go on and win it!!!

In terms of situation, he reminds me heavily on Pogba...same age, big role in u21, quite some recognition and winning titles with youth team...

Im sure he could be backup next year, he is 19 already, its time to give him a chance.

In terms of situation, he reminds me heavily on Pogba...same age, big role in u21, quite some recognition and winning titles with youth team...

Im sure he could be backup next year, he is 19 already, its time to give him a chance.

He'd excel at first team level I'm sure, would love to see him be given a chance next season, and in pre-season.

He's a special talent & a nice lad to go with it.

He's close to ready, I'd say we either keep him here and give him 4-5 starts or we loan him to a Prem team and allow him to get those games elsewhere. The Championship loan thing hasn't produced a lot of fruit. McEachran is pretty much a failure and Chalobah has taken a step backwards too... Bamford worked but that's about it.

Either keep him here or loan him in the Prem. He's close to ready.