Lewis Baker

Stats

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We thought the same about Bamford and look how that turned out. A Prem loan would be more beneficial IMO.

On another note, we need new players fast.

Patrick Bamford is exactly why a Premier League loan can sometimes be a huge risk for a young player.

Bamford had a great 14/15 season with Middlesbrough in the Championship and after that he got loans spells at Palace, Norwich and Burnley to test his level in the Premier League and he failed at all of them. Maybe if he stayed at Boro for another season, even if it was in the Championship, his development would've been a lot better suited. Going to a PL club too early can really harm a young lad's career. 

And yeah, either way by leaving it this late to go on loan there aren't enough suitable Premier League clubs left for Baker. All of Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke and Palace already have one loanee from Chelsea and can't take another. There's Bournemouth who play the kind of football Baker would probably be well suited for but I don't know how stacked they are in midfield already. 

Patrick Bamford is exactly why a Premier League loan can sometimes be a huge risk for a young player.
Bamford had a great 14/15 season with Middlesbrough in the Championship and after that he got loans spells at Palace, Norwich and Burnley to test his level in the Premier League and he failed at all of them. Maybe if he stayed at Boro for another season, even if it was in the Championship, his development would've been a lot better suited. Going to a PL club too early can really harm a young lad's career. 
And yeah, either way by leaving it this late to go on loan there aren't enough suitable Premier League clubs left for Baker. All of Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke and Palace already have one loanee from Chelsea and can't take another. There's Bournemouth who play the kind of football Baker would probably be well suited for but I don't know how stacked they are in midfield already. 
Guess Abraham's progress this season will be telling for a number of reasons.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Guess Abraham's progress this season will be telling for a number of reasons.

True. I'm feeling really optimistic for him though, only seen him play a bunch of times but seems a real talent which is something I didn't really feel for Bamford. There was so much hype around Abraham in the summer that he had his pick of bottom half PL clubs to go on loan to so I'm guessing Swansea convinced him he'd get enough games and have a chance to score lots of goals. I trust Paul Clement & Claude Makelele to take good care of Tammy. 

I don`t look at loans with any thought of how they will develop for us anymore,been a long time since...I just see the loan outs as putting our youth in the shop window to sell eventually however good they do. Courtois won the title in Spain..that seems to be what a player has to do to stay here..win a major league title in Spain or Germany..we have loaned out players who have won trophies elsewhere but then not get a sniff..i honestly believe if Courtois had been loaned to Seville or Valencia he would not have made his way into our 1st team squad.regardless of how good he did. 

even those few who currently look like getting a squad place going into this season I expect to be in that same shop window either January or at the end of the season. the signings I would go for would be veterans who could help us for a few years whilst our youth are being rotated in but we still sign those early 20`s young players.whom we usually sign after impressing for a year or two ..we happily fork out 40m for them but when young players on our books do that on loan..we either sell them or loan out again and again. it`s fucked up..the fastest route to the first team at Chelsea for a youngster here is to be sold to another club then in a year or two we will want them back and try to re-sign them.instead of just giving them a genuine chance. there is minutes for young players with us..we are 3-0 up 30 minutes to go,we don`t need to be bringing on the Pedro`s,Willian`s for Hazard. Azpi didn`t need to play every fookin` minute of last season in the league..

we needed to strengthen..we made the signings that would have strengthened us for an attack on all fronts if we didn`t sell or loan out so much..1 step forward,2 steps back..

A new 5 year contract then shipped off to Boro for the season , if he stays away from injury i bet you he rips up the division , check out his motm , assists and goals for the season ,no doubt team of season or i'll eat my shorts .

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/08/new-contract-and-loan-for-baker.html

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the game last night to watch him. He played well, played in the 10 role, just off the striker, linked up well showed some great touches and very neat through balls.

Took his goal well and even came over for a photo and chat at FT.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/08/2017 at 6:54 PM, Jype said:

Patrick is not below Premier League level because of the timing of his loans at that level, nor because he failed in those loans. Rather it is the case that he failed at those loans because he is below Premier league level. Nothing, at all, ever, would have changed the fact that he is not good enough. That much was absolutely clear from the first time he appeared for our youth team.

• 6 months later...

How's he been doing? According to whoscored played only 14 games (6 of them subs), 617 minutes in Championship and has an average rating of 6.46... doesn't sound good. Injury woes or just underwhelming?