Lewis Baker

Stats

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

No he did not score. Gray and Abraham were the ones tos core for England. Overall BAker was a passenger. And time is not on his side anymore. Sadly, I am pretty sure he will not make it here

I was talking about Abraham.

The formation clearly did not suite him but he was massively disappointing. Even in instances when individual talent was required he did not get it right which is surprising given the season he's had at Vitesse. 

I think he needs a step up from the Dutch League, maybe a PL load, to prove that he can perform at a higher level. He can't have a career from just being great at set-pieces. He needs to show more. 

• 3 weeks later...

I will not be surprised if Lewis is in the squad next season but then it is CFC and i wouldn't be surprised if he is shipped off on loan, but we are running out of bodies especially homegrown. Lets hope :worship2:Lewis has breakthrough season like Dele Alli had at Spurs!

He has a real chance of being in the squad next season as a 4th choice midfielder with Chalobah gone and Matic going. I don't think a 3-4-3 formation suits him but then it doesn't quite suit Fabregas either. If playing in a midfield two helps Baker adapt to being more combative, dynamic and less hiding from the ball it's for the better. 

He has a real chance of being in the squad next season as a 4th choice midfielder with Chalobah gone and Matic going. I don't think a 3-4-3 formation suits him but then it doesn't quite suit Fabregas either. If playing in a midfield two helps Baker adapt to being more combative, dynamic and less hiding from the ball it's for the better. 

I don't see it happening. In the friendlies, he has played in the attacking three and not the middle 2. If Conte wanted to keep him as a CM, I think he would have played him there to test it out. I know chalobah played in the front 3 a few times in a defensive way at the end of games, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

He had the game time experience last season , good attitude , been on record that he knows that CFC have alot of games this season and need bigger squad and willing to learn and bide his time to get a chance. Homegrown to boot lets keep him , running out of time and need more numbers hope his quality shines through ffs and has a Dele Alli kinda breakthrough season for CFC!

On 06/08/2017 at 1:38 PM, It's too big said:

Going on loan apparently. Held up by our search for another CM. 

Yeah sounds like thats happening ffs if Baker Ake Ruben can't even get a squad slot no chance with many now, with 14 senior players the other day, another master stroke by the board by the looks of it :clap:this homegrown grown quota will be fun

37 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Might not be the Prem but gaining valuable game time and at a very good club to do so.

While joining a team who for me are going to cruise the league, still a backward step. After having two successful seasons in Holland, you would hope that he would defo be playing in the prem or at least another top tier league. Disappointing for me as even if he does well at Boro, which I am sure he will, he won't have a realistic chance of breaking through on his return until he proves it in the prem. A lot of sources saying it is a  2 year deal.

22 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Doesn't help our squad depth tho mate :fist:

36 minutes ago, Stats said:

While joining a team who for me are going to cruise the league, still a backward step. After having two successful seasons in Holland, you would hope that he would defo be playing in the prem or at least another top tier league. Disappointing for me as even if he does well at Boro, which I am sure he will, he won't have a realistic chance of breaking through on his return until he proves it in the prem. A lot of sources saying it is a  2 year deal.

Championship is going to very competitive this year, Boro won't walk away with it, Wolves are a dangerous side as are Leeds, Hull and Sunderland.

I'm not going against what you are saying and agree to a certain extent but you sort of explained it well in the early part of your post, a team that will challenge, not only that but the best facilities in the league up at Rockliffe where a lot of our previous loanees in Kalas, Omeruo and Bamford have flourished. I have heard Bamford has been selling the club big to him and that's what has made Baker want to go to Boro.