Lewis Baker

Stats

A full pre season under Conte then hopefully a PL loan with lots of playing time then integrated into the squad next year. I have high hopes he will make it here, Has the right temperament and a nice skill set to be useful.  

14 hours ago, It's too big said:

Rather we kept him than RLC or Chalobah tbh.

Depending on if the in's and outs abit but i'd be looking to intergrate Lewis this season , agree  think he is in front of RLC+Chalobah in development but with champions league footie and maybe injuries we will need afew extra in the squad , im hoping Lewis can have a similar impact Dele Alli had with Spurs if managed right...here's hoping!

On 6/13/2017 at 11:36 PM, the wes said:

I would bring him into the squad loan out RLC instead 

I'd keep them both, need both homegrown and more players next season , hopefully both will have breakthrough CFC season! KTBFFH

On 11/06/2017 at 8:38 PM, mccg said:

Swansea City linked with loan move for Chelsea starlet Lewis Baker

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-linked-loan-move-13170929

I'd be a fan of this. Paul Clement is an excellent coach. 

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I'd be a fan of this. Paul Clement is an excellent coach. 

If Conte dosn't  think he is good/ready enough for 1st team action then i'd be happy let PC coach him 4sure, i'm hoping Lewis impresses Conte in pre-season and gives him a go!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

how was he in the U21 tournament? i did not saw a minute...

Sadly he was very underwhelming. He really struggled to make an impact this tournament. Yesterday in particular was poor and lost possession easily and nearly gifted a goal to Germany and was on the periphery all game. Hopefully he is still has a future here however yeah most certainly will be going out on loan I think and proved that he still has a lot of work to do. Struggled to keep up with the pace of the game yesterday and most of the group games too. Still a massive talent and a big season ahead for him.

The real talents, so far beyond the likes of RLC/Chalobah/Baker/Solanke (this is a super depressing post considering the talent being wasted), are ...

Charly Musonda. He isn't built for the Premier League or Chelsea, but, he has more talent in 1 boot than 99% of players will ever have in 2. If you've watched the guy play more than a handful of times, more often than not, you've seen shades of Iniesta. Italy/Spain are the best places for him.

Jay Dasilva. Drafted into the team, he'd instantly be in the top 5 paciest full backs in the league. He's shown a tactical nuance & awareness you don't see in players twice his age. He had a breakthrough season for our youth, but, Jose was here, so, nothing came of it. He'll end up somewhere like Southampton one day, and we'll all be looking at this little English kid who plays like a well-rounded, golden-age Brazilian full back.

Abraham. From day 1 as a youth, he was the most feared forward on the pitch. He looked awkward and lanky, but despite this, always ended up with a goal. He was stronger, he was more determined, and he was more confident than everyone around him. His mentality shines.

Christensen. No longer a youth player. I thought he was terrible for the young teams, because he had brain farts akin to Luiz, but he's really great now, really one of the best youngsters we've ever had graduate. He's strong, he has ability in the air, he's affraid of no forward. He seems calm, and unlike some, unlikely to presume he's worth more than he is after 3 appearances.

Colkett - What everyone acts like Chalobah is. The type of player you bring in simply for the fresh legs, and expect to do everything plainly and properly. No brain farts, no magic. Consistently solid, 7/10 performances. I'd say Chalobah lets the game pass him, and, he throws himself into too many challenges with the excitement of playing. Colkett is far more centered. 

Out of those we've lost, John Swift was our most refined, ready Englishman. Swift had everything McEachran was touted to have x2, + the ability to score some crackers. Elegant. Silky. Proactive. A leader by example. A fine Fabregas deputy.

And the one that got away, so fucking stupidly, is Bertrand. 

Every other youngster drooled over is average as they come. It's these players I've listed who ensured our youth teams won over and over again (Kiwomya was also very influential, since he had unreal pace, but he has nothing to offer a top side). They had the influence. The likes of Chalobah and Baker were just icing; some pretty goals, some pretty tackes, but look closer, and their influence is almost non-existent, unless there was a set piece. Solanke never did anything Borini or Lucas Piazon didn't.

As for Ake, he's the opposite of exceptional, and the definition of average, by Chelsea standards. The idea that we're bonkers to sell him for 20m, is bonkers.  He isn't a presence. He isn't proactive. He isn't consistently making John Terry, Azpilicueta or any sort of elite centre back last-ditch tackles. He's just the clean up boy who kicks the ball upfield after the real players have done a job. Shave his head & take away the silly Ruud Gullit comparisons, and we'd be laughing, crying, at the fact Dasilva & Todd Kane weren't given the chances Ake's been given. He offers little going forward, little 1-on-1 vs. elite players. Both of the latter players are elite in marking, tackling their man, and then bringing the ball upfield.

It'd be naive to discount the idea we've overestimated most of the academy players due to the irrational yearning to see them break through, as if we're some English La Masia.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Tammy wasn't much better, his penalty was poor and it summed up his tournament.

Sweden was poor but lack of service did not help. Against Slovakia, despite not scoring, he was the best player on the pitch imo. Held up the ball greatly and provided a great physical outlet up front and his hold up play was the catalyst for Redmond's goal. Poland, he  was given a breather but came on and played a big part with a good all round assist. Germany was one his poorer games but he scored so overall I would say he done decent. Not brilliant, not poor but decent and he is the youngest in the squad too.

It is England afterall they do have history of players and teams underachieving lol(tho 2be fair Baker+Tammy have had a long full season) , lets see what Conte and coaching staff see fit what do with him next season .

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Sweden was poor but lack of service did not help. Against Slovakia, despite not scoring, he was the best player on the pitch imo. Held up the ball greatly and provided a great physical outlet up front and his hold up play was the catalyst for Redmond's goal. Poland, he  was given a breather but came on and played a big part with a good all round assist. Germany was one his poorer games but he scored so overall I would say he done decent. Not brilliant, not poor but decent and he is the youngest in the squad too.

No he did not score. Gray and Abraham were the ones tos core for England. Overall BAker was a passenger. And time is not on his side anymore. Sadly, I am pretty sure he will not make it here