test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stats

Loaned Out Lewis Baker

Started by Stats,

613 posts in this topic

So that's are squad getting smaller still, do we only have 3 midfielders now? 

awesome one more out, do the board and conte expect to play only 11 people in total for all the competitions? 

So that's are squad getting smaller still, do we only have 3 midfielders now? 
Nah we have Kyle Scott lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Has just scored for Boro at EFL Cup

1st of many i bet and will rack in loads of assists, keep track

RoyalBlues likes this

I was at the game last night to watch him. He played well, played in the 10 role, just off the striker, linked up well showed some great touches and very neat through balls.

Took his goal well and even came over for a photo and chat at FT.

nyikolajevics and mccg like this

On 22/08/2017 at 8:36 PM, mccg said:

1st of many i bet and will rack in loads of assists, keep track

Another 1 for Baker boy today decent performance to boot 

On 10/08/2017 at 6:54 PM, Jype said:

Patrick Bamford is exactly why a Premier League loan can sometimes be a huge risk for a young player.

Bamford had a great 14/15 season with Middlesbrough in the Championship and after that he got loans spells at Palace, Norwich and Burnley to test his level in the Premier League and he failed at all of them. Maybe if he stayed at Boro for another season, even if it was in the Championship, his development would've been a lot better suited. Going to a PL club too early can really harm a young lad's career. 

And yeah, either way by leaving it this late to go on loan there aren't enough suitable Premier League clubs left for Baker. All of Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke and Palace already have one loanee from Chelsea and can't take another. There's Bournemouth who play the kind of football Baker would probably be well suited for but I don't know how stacked they are in midfield already. 

Patrick is not below Premier League level because of the timing of his loans at that level, nor because he failed in those loans. Rather it is the case that he failed at those loans because he is below Premier league level. Nothing, at all, ever, would have changed the fact that he is not good enough. That much was absolutely clear from the first time he appeared for our youth team.