test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stats

Loaned Out Lewis Baker

Started by Stats,

540 posts in this topic

I agree. He's not as naturally talented as McEachran/RLC/Chalobah but has really worked hard and improved his game this season. Best player in the reserves for me this past season (even over Boga, Feruz and Aké). I hope he gets as fair a chance as the RLC and Chalobah. Been performing for England U19s too.

The Skipper and zolayes like this

I agree. He's not as naturally talented as McEachran/RLC/Chalobah but has really worked hard and improved his game this season. Best player in the reserves for me this past season (even over Boga, Feruz and Aké). I hope he gets as fair a chance as the RLC and Chalobah. Been performing for England U19s too.

I think the lack of hype around him is because he does not have the natural talent and technical ability of the likes of Chalobah/Josh/RLC doubts inevitably rise about his ability to take these performances to in the Reserves to the next level.

Certainly deserved after his performances in the NextGen last season. Would be interesting now to see if the club will send Lewis out on loan this season or keep him with the U21s.

It's one thing being two footed and making great passes but this dude takes set pieces with both feet too. I find that amazing. Is there anyone in the world that does that?

I've never seen him do it but I think I remember an Arsenal fan saying Cazorla does it, not sure though.

Brilliant. Very under the radar talent but he's got good potential and is already a great leader. Hopefully he carries on his quiet development and surprises a few in a season or two or three.

Baker not included in the U21s today. Anyone think we might see him vs Swindon?

Not me.

He trained with the first team today. And Steve Holland said that one youth player will be with the team tomorrow. So I think it is likely that he will be on the bench tomorrow. Whether or not he actually plays is another story.

Stats likes this

Baker not included in the U21s today. Anyone think we might see him vs Swindon?

Yes, possibly. Steve Holland confirmed that "there may be an opportunity for one young player to be involved for tomorrow".so realistically can only be Baker as he was not included for the U21. Would be amazing if he can get some minutes. Fully deserving of a first team call up. Was our best player for the reserves and youth cup run last season. Has added more goals to his game, two footed player literally. Takes corners and free kicks with both his left and right foot and is ever so consistent.

Would be really good for him and for us as he has been at the club since he was 9 years old.

I really like him.Whenever I saw him play for the U-21´s or in the NextGen Series last season,he was impressive.Maybe Mourinho gives him 20 minutes or so,if we lead comfortably.

He trained with the first team today. And Steve Holland said that one youth player will be with the team tomorrow. So I think it is likely that he will be on the bench tomorrow. Whether or not he actually plays is another story.

Oh ok. My bad.