Lewis Baker

Stats

Baker seems to go under the radar when people speak about our youth. I like that in a way as there's no high expectation on him which will truly allow him to develop at his own pace. I think Lewis is definitely one of the top talents in our youth right now - I'd have him on par with RLC, Boga, Ake.

He's a bit of a dark horse but he has as much of a chance to break through as those aforementioned. That's how high I rate him.

Baker seems to go under the radar when people speak about our youth. I like that in a way as there's no high expectation on him which will truly allow him to develop at his own pace. I think Lewis is definitely one of the top talents in our youth right now - I'd have him on par with RLC, Boga, Ake.

He's a bit of a dark horse but he has as much of a chance to break through as those aforementioned. That's how high I rate him.

Football is funny like that. The player who isn't hyped up as much could easily become the one to break through. Baker is very good though so it wouldn't be a surprise. Swift is quality as well and doesn't get much hype either.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. He's not as naturally talented as McEachran/RLC/Chalobah but has really worked hard and improved his game this season. Best player in the reserves for me this past season (even over Boga, Feruz and Aké). I hope he gets as fair a chance as the RLC and Chalobah. Been performing for England U19s too.

I agree. He's not as naturally talented as McEachran/RLC/Chalobah but has really worked hard and improved his game this season. Best player in the reserves for me this past season (even over Boga, Feruz and Aké). I hope he gets as fair a chance as the RLC and Chalobah. Been performing for England U19s too.

I think the lack of hype around him is because he does not have the natural talent and technical ability of the likes of Chalobah/Josh/RLC doubts inevitably rise about his ability to take these performances to in the Reserves to the next level.

• 1 month later...

Under-21 squad member Lewis Baker has today (Monday) signed a new three-year contract, keeping him at the club until 2016.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3331409/title/baker-signs-new-contract

Well deserved. Not much talk of him, but definitely talented lad with some leadership qualities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...