The Midfield Dilemma

Strike

Deep-lying Playmaker  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLP would you like to see in our midfield next season?

• Joao Moutinho - He rejected Spurs. I like that in a player
    • Luka Modric - Premier League experience is vital
    • Beñat Extebarria - Value for money
    • Josh McEachran - Promote the academy products!
    • DLP's are overrated. We need to sign Fellaini

I think we should focus on McEachran as @CHOULO19, said. He's not gonna cost us anything and he is the perfect midfielder for us since he has vision and the defensive capabilities to play in the pivot. Modric, Moutinho and Benat will cost us more than their value. If we try to get Benat Real Betis won't sell him to us for less than 25 mil pounds. It's about time McEachran started playing for us since he's only a year younger than Wilshere.

Firstly he has 16m release clause in his contract secondly he will be out of contract in 2014 so no way will betis ask 25m for him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add depth to the squad. in defence - Kalas or Omeruo, in mid - KDB and maybe Chalobah and in attack - lukaku....

squad depth is handy when we have fixture problem like this season

Yeah exactly, but the key point is we own those players, and don't have to go buy someone to add depth in defence for 20 mil, when we send loads of defenders out on loan.

I think we should focus on McEachran as @CHOULO19, said. He's not gonna cost us anything and he is the perfect midfielder for us since he has vision and the defensive capabilities to play in the pivot. Modric, Moutinho and Benat will cost us more than their value. If we try to get Benat Real Betis won't sell him to us for less than 25 mil pounds. It's about time McEachran started playing for us since he's only a year younger than Wilshere.

Benat has a 16.2 mil release clause and contract expires in 2014. should be cheap

as for josh, i'd like to have a senior option along with Josh. he should get a chance for sure but I'd like to see a DLP signing nonetheless

Spot on.I really hope that in the coming season we give our youth a chance.The like's of lukaku,KDB,piazon,josh,chalobah and kalas can play a significant part in our squad.Them with 2-3 signings and we could have a very good squad that can challenge for multiple trophies.

If we buy 2-3 players, it can easily reach 70mi. Which is exactly what Gourlay said...

25-30mi for Modric/Moutinho, 30-35mi for a Striker (dont be naive, it is comming) and another versatile player....

Did you know? Mark Viduka, the Australian striker who played for Leeds United, Newcastle United and scored the winner against Chelsea in 2006 while playing for Middlesbrough is Luka’s second cousin.

You are joking? Haha, I can't believe that idiot Viduka is related to Modric. Though I do suppose ol' Mark is a Croat and Australia does have a fair few Croat expats.

If we buy 2-3 players, it can easily reach 70mi. Which is exactly what Gourlay said...

25-30mi for Modric/Moutinho, 30-35mi for a Striker (dont be naive, it is comming) and another versatile player....

We can easily get a top striker for 20-25m like lewandowski or jackson martinez.Nonetheless you are right that our spending may will exceed the figure of 70m but i think it is neccessary and after this summer i dont think we will have to spend a whole lot of money because the core of our team for the next 5-10 years will be set and our loanned/youth players like omeruo,feruz,ake,PVA etc can fill the gaps.

We can easily get a top striker for 20-25m like lewandowski or jackson martinez.Nonetheless you are right that our spending may will exceed the figure of 70m but i think it is neccessary and after this summer i dont think we wil have to spend a whole lot of money as our loanned/youth players like omeruo,feruz,ake,PVA etc can fill the gaps.

I disagree with the Lewandoski part, but I agree with the rest.

This is how I view it: if we are going to buy a striker, it better be the absolute best we can get; any other option, we better stick with Ba, Lukaku and Feruz.

The CM must be the very best we can get as well, this is the top, top priority of the summer!

This is how I view it: if we are going to buy a striker, it better be the absolute best we can get; any other option, we better stick with Ba, Lukaku and Feruz.

The CM must be the very best we can get as well, this is the top, top priority of the summer!

True. I think we will probably break 70 mil in the transfer window, i am just saying its not necessarily essential...

Yup the cm has to be genuinely world class thats why i want moutinho/modric as first choices while on the striker front i would be happy with lukaku,ba and feruz/cheap 3rd choice striker.

So many good midfielders out there, but when you play a formation to suit one player, the others suffer. We are too bunched together playing three behind the single striker. We only need 1 DM and play.4-1-3-2. Give the midfielders more then 1 option to pass to and cause the opposition defence to stretch across the park, not compress and have 3 blokes marking or loan striker. The formation we are playing is actually taking Torres out of the game completely, not helping him.

You are joking? Haha, I can't believe that idiot Viduka is related to Modric. Though I do suppose ol' Mark is a Croat and Australia does have a fair few Croat expats.

yeah. didn't really like him much but i think its true ..found an interview Luka did with THTV..upon duckduckgoing it i found more related links..seems legit

yeah. didn't really like him much but i think its true ..found an interview Luka did with THTV..upon duckduckgoing it i found more related links..seems legit

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind ol' Viduka but that doesn't stop him from being a bit of an blunt knife.

Modric has not impressed much for Madrid but there's some games where he totally looked beast . I'm not really sure they'll be willing to sell him after that wondrous goal he scored against United . However 30 M is not bad for him , even if they ask 5 or 6 millions more for him , it'd worth every single penny .

Yes of course we should not rely on Josh alone, which is why I voted for Moutinho, but actually don't think Josh will be even in our squad next season.

That's because he's not ready at the moment.

If you want a player to promote then Chalobah is the obvious choice and I'd be disappointed if he isn't in the squad. I don't know if he would be best used alongside Mikel or groomed as his replacement, but he has the talent to do either.

I voted for Modric though. He knows the league, he might be available and he's exactly what we need. The idea of dealing with Porto doesn't exactly fill me with joy and I'm not sure if Benat is the right guy for us.