test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ja1

Belgium NT

Started by ja1,

1,077 posts in this topic

Yeah ok, namedropping one of the best managers of this generation is indeed proof that Wilmots is tactically useless.

Now name some other genius coaches on this world cup.

Samapoli

Pekerman

Klinsman

Piojo Herrera

Jorge Luis Pinto.

Were you at all of those training sessions?

No?

Then how can you know they "never" trained set pieces.

The Algeria match was poor because of stress and because only one team wanted to play football after the penalty.

Wilmots just said so during the PC lol, he said training tactically and training on setpieces isn't going to help them lol. How the fuck can a trainer say that.
iseah100 and Muzchap like this

Wilmots just said so during the PC lol, he said training tactically and training on setpieces isn't going to help them lol. How the fuck can a trainer say that.

his name is " I'm Lost W.."you decide what the W stands for

To show some perspective, his only other managerial job before Belgium was Sint-Truiden, a second division club where he lost 20 of some 22 games iirc.

Wilmots is one of the best motivators in the world. Tactically I do have questions about his choices at times as well as the plan.

Missing Benteke was a much bigger loss than anyone could of imagine because neither Origi or Lukaku are target men and Benteke is one of the best target man in the game.

The talent isn't all there yet. The best talent is yet to come IMO with the exception of Hazard, Courtois and Kompany.

Tielemans could have been quite useful but it would have been ridiculous to throw him in there at 17. Musonda is the 10 that Belgium was lacking in the final third and I think Januzaj will be starting soon enough.

Malanda looks a lot like the next big DM prospect and I've heard nothing but great things about Denayer at City as a future CB/LB. He may even get on the bench this year for City.

There are things that need to be cleaned up and resolved but a QF result is pretty good considering the youth and inexperience of this team.

Sure I was frustrated with their performance against Argentina, but sometimes you need to get there to understand the magnitude of the situation.

It's a shame really because I felt that Belgium would have had a good at the final facing Holland in the semis.

Wilmots is one of the best motivators in the world. Tactically I do have questions about his choices at times as well as the plan.

Missing Benteke was a much bigger loss than anyone could of imagine because neither Origi or Lukaku are target men and Benteke is one of the best target man in the game.

The talent isn't all there yet. The best talent is yet to come IMO with the exception of Hazard, Courtois and Kompany.

Tielemans could have been quite useful but it would have been ridiculous to throw him in there at 17. Musonda is the 10 that Belgium was lacking in the final third and I think Januzaj will be starting soon enough.

Malanda looks a lot like the next big DM prospect and I've heard nothing but great things about Denayer at City as a future CB/LB. He may even get on the bench this year for City.

There are things that need to be cleaned up and resolved but a QF result is pretty good considering the youth and inexperience of this team.

Sure I was frustrated with their performance against Argentina, but sometimes you need to get there to understand the magnitude of the situation.

It's a shame really because I felt that Belgium would have had a good at the final facing Holland in the semis.

Finally a reasonable comment. :)

Btw, Januzaj is apparently getting death treats from Albania and Serbia because he picked the Belgian team. Yes. That is probably the way to convince him to change his mind, morons. :P

Btw, Januzaj is apparently getting death treats from Albania and Serbia because he picked the Belgian team. Yes. That is probably the way to convince him to change his mind, morons. :P

Why would they trying to convince him?

He played an official game for Belgium wich means that he cant play for another country anymore

Albania maybe but Serbia no, he has absolutely no connection with Serbia.
laura90 likes this

Belgium newspaper Het Nieuwsblad report on Tuesday that Adnan Januzaj has received death threats because he chose to represent Belgium at international level. Het Nieuwsblad have got the claims from S Media in Serbia and they cover the situation from an Albanian viewpoint.

It's stated that Adnan Januzaj received death threats from Kosovan Albanians after he turned down the chance to represent Albania or Kosovo. The 19 year old footballer could have also represented Serbia but that was unlikely given his background.

The choice was a very difficult one and the Manchester United youngster didn't play any youth international football at all, which may have held back his development. Januzaj was also offered the chance to represent England but would have had to wait several years before becoming eligible to play.

The reports are throughout Serbia and Albania and Gazeta Express say Januzaj has been told "Do not tread in Kosovo" via his Facebook page. However, we're not sure he has one. There are several pages claiming to Januzaj's but all look a little odd in that respect.

Hopefully those who made the threats have wasted their time and unintentionally threatened someone running a fan page.

It is disappointing that there's this feeling toward Januzaj from some, he was born in Belgium so it's no shock that he's chosen to represent the country in international football.

Why would they trying to convince him?

He played an official game for Belgium wich means that he cant play for another country anymore

If Kosovo gets recognised by FIFA, he can still switch. :)

If Kosovo gets recognised by FIFA, he can still switch. :)

Its the other way arround , he could play for Kosovo right now because they are not recognised byt the Fifa.

When they are recognised he cant because Kosovo have to follow the fifa rules and those rules say that a player can only play for 1 country and dince he played an official game for Belgium that country is Belgium ?

Its the other way arround , he could play for Kosovo right now because they are not recognised byt the Fifa.

When they are recognised he cant because Kosovo have to follow the fifa rules and those rules say that a player can only play for 1 country and dince he played an official game for Belgium that country is Belgium

I've read that this rule doesn't count if the country previously wasn't recognised...

Don't know whether that was bullshit or not. :)

Weckerz and sutro like this

When they are recognised he cant because Kosovo have to follow the fifa rules and those rules say that a player can only play for 1 country and dince he played an official game for Belgium that country is Belgium

Don't take my word for it, but I remember reading an article that said he CAN choose to join Kosovo even though he's played for Belgium. There's probably some rule hidden away about countries yet to be acknowledged by FIFA

sutro likes this

I've read that this rule doesn't count if the country previously wasn't recognised...

Don't know whether that was bullshit or not. :)

Oh ok i rest my case then ?