test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ja1

Belgium NT

Started by ja1,

1,077 posts in this topic

Expectations are too high. Talk about semi finals in Brazil? The team will have to be happy if they get out of their group. There is a logical curve going upwards but it wouldn't be such a big surprise if Belgium again doesn't qualify. It will take something special and very good coaching.

That is not realism anymore, just plain (belgian) pessimism.

Reality is: they always have to qualify with a team like this - in a group like that. Period.

If they don't, job tremendously done BAD, actually :-)

Speculating about semi finals however is futile, you just don't know who you will have to play against (not Germany!), especially at the kick out stages.

Mundaka likes this

Anyone who likes Belgium players & their national team should be very optimistic, I feel.

Currently, the team is very young but with great potential. Within two years, we will read plenty of positive results by this team.

A great future awaits them.

Mundaka likes this

Wilmots made his selection...

Chadli back is a bit of a surprise, didnt play lately due to an injury but its possible he will play again this weekend with Twente. Same story with Kompany. Lets hope those 2 will be in form within a week.

De volledige selectie:

Doel: Thibaut Courtois (Atlético Madrid), Jean-François Gillet
(Torino), Simon Mignolet (Sunderland)

Verdediging: Toby Alderweireld (Ajax), Laurent Ciman (Standard Luik),
Guillaume Gillet (Anderlecht), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Nicolas
Lombaerts (Zenit Sint-Petersburg), Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern München), Thomas
Vermaelen (Arsenal), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur), Sébastien Pocognoli
(Hannover 96)

Middenveld: Nacer Chadli (FC Twente), Steven Defour (FC Porto), Moussa
Dembélé (Tottenham Hotspur), Marouane Fellaini (Everton), Timmy Simons (1. FC
Nürnberg), Axel Witsel (Zenit Sint-Petersburg)

Aanval: Christian Benteke (Aston Villa), Kevin De Bruyne (Werder
Bremen), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Romelu Lukaku (West Bromwich Albion), Dries
Mertens (PSV), Kevin Mirallas (Everton) en Jelle Vossen (Racing Genk).

Still tho, ok we can use experience, but calling simons/ciman is just plain rediculous, we have way better options :/

And dont they scout italy or what?? We have naingollan playing there whom is considered by Inter, would be a way better midfield option than simons...

i'm actually pretty nervous about the upcoming 2 games. Macedonia are not to be underestimated. Din't they beat Denmark comfortably recently?

Also WTF at Kompany beeing uncertain AGAIN. He needs to move to a competition with a where he needs to play less games.

Maybe that rumoured Barca offer wouldnt be such a bad move for him..

So our internationals are back in Belgium!

They will all rest untill wednesday (Hazard will need it :D ), so there's prolly only one good training planned for wednesday before we leave.

Gillet is injured, will miss the game at Macedonia and has 50% chance of being fit for the return. (So Alderweireld will be our RB prolly)

Fellaini and Lombaerts are also uncertain but can prolly play.

As for Kompany, he's been working with Maesschalk past few days and is trying to be ready for our first game vs Macedonia.

Lets hope so because we could be getting trouble in defence if Gillet/Kompany & Lombaerts are all out. Our defence would prolly become: Alderweireld-Van Buyten-Vermaelen-Vertonghen then.

That's worth a calc :)

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/procedureandschedule/menprocedure/index.html

P = M x I x T x C

If we win, M = 3

WC Q match, I = 2,5

Macedonia is ranked 73, which means T = 200-73 = 127

C = 1

so 952 points, we have now 892, Brazil 908, so with 2 wins next weeks, who knows our avg will get up enough, its possible i think

Gonna rub that one in your face then romper!

That's word a calc :)

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/procedureandschedule/menprocedure/index.html

P = M x I x T x C

If we win, M = 3

WC Q match, I = 2,5

Macedonia is ranked 73, which means T = 200-73 = 127

C = 1

so 952 points, we have now 892, Brazil 908, so with 2 wins next weeks, who knows our avg will get up enough, its possible i think

Gonna rub that one in your face then romper!

BOOOOOOOO! :angry:

We get like no points at all because it has been more than 2 years since we dont play an official match. Even if we beat Italy and Russia, it wont be enough to secure the glorious 18th spot!

Luc Nillis was just made striker trainer at the NT.. Opinions?

Personally i've always loved him. Not sure what he's going to be able to do in those short periods that the NT has together though.

Good idea i think, was a great striker, one of the most underrated strikers ever, especially in his days @ PSV with Ronaldo. (Was even Ronaldo's favorite player to ever play with)

He was great at positioning, vision, so yeh i think lukaku/benteke/vossen can learn a lot of him.

Leif likes this

Thought Vadis Odjidja should be part of this selection. Has been excellent since January.

Vermaelen seems to retain his starting position as a CB. Can't really agree with this as he has been as convincing with the Red Devils as he has been with Arsenal this season. Vertonghen deserves a starting position as a central defender. Vermaelen should play on the left.

Benteke will start ahead of Lukaku as he has done in the previous games. Still a pity we haven't seen them tried out together in the last friendly. Courtois, De Bruyne and Hazard will start.

All players are having an individual programme so far, from tomorrow on group trainings.

Yeh Vadis wouldve deserved it/been better than simons but if we call another CM it should be Naingollan imo.