test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ja1

Belgium NT

Started by ja1,

1,077 posts in this topic

Not sure if we will qualify though. We definitely should but already threw away points against Croatia. Tough opponent anyhow of course. All next games will be crucial and so will Wilmots his choices be. I would be prefer a more experienced coach at the helm. Not sure about Wilmots' tactical acumen. But do have to credit him for putting Witsel in a defensive position while his approach with players seems to be well received.

On Lukaku and the national side: I would have liked to see him play together with Benteke during the last friendly. If only for 20 minutes. Both are doing great in the PL but are different type of players. So why not? It must be terrifying for a defense to come up against Lukaku, Benteke and also Hazard or Fellaini.

I rather expect Belgium to be at full strength at the EC 2016. Qualification should be easy with the increased number of participants and players as Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini and Dembele will be seasoned and experienced players whereas not only two years ago they were still young. Hopefully by then we have some new talent to integrate too, such as Denis Praet (Anderlecht), Zakaria Bakali, Perreira (ManU), Dickov Origi (Lille), Maxime Lestienne (Club Bruges), Mathias Bossaerts (Man City) and Charly Musonda hopefully of course. I may be forgetting some.

Also hoping for the return to his previous level of Athony Vandenborre, as there is real lack of quality at the right back position.

Sorry for the off topic! Good Romelu is getting a game to rest and fantastic he's the leading teenager goal scorer. He's improving which is the only thing we needed to see this season and as at Anderlecht he has exceeded expectations in a manner nobody expected.

Don't Belgium use Alderweireld at RB?

Don't Belgium use Alderweireld at RB?

My Belgian dream team:

Courtois(1)/Mignolet(2)

Alderweireld Vermaelen Kompany Vertonghen

Fellaini/Witsel

De Bruyne/Mirallas Chadli/Mertens

Dembélé

Hazard

Lukaku(1)/Benteke (2)

Yes people, Hazard should play a free role directly behind Lukaku and do damage in left, right and center!

KINDEST REGARDS

My Belgian dream team:

Courtois(1)/Mignolet(2)

Alderweireld Vermaelen Kompany Vertonghen

Fellaini/Witsel

De Bruyne/Mirallas Chadli/Mertens

Dembélé

Hazard

Lukaku(1)/Benteke (2)

Yes people, Hazard should play a free role directly behind Lukaku and do damage in left, right and center!

KINDEST REGARDS

Not bad but, mine would be a 3 - 3 - 3 - 1 or something like that:

----------------- Lukaku ---------------

Mertens ----- Hazard------ Mirallas

Dembélé - Witsel - KDB ----

Vertonghen - Kompany - Vermaelen

---------------- Courtois -----------

Dembélé and KDB to cover flanks and to bombards forwardlike Attacking RB or LB

My lineups against Macedonia would be (also keeping in mind in which roles they play at their clubs - current form - rotation):

Out:

--------------------------- Courtois---------------------------

Alderweireld ---- Kompany -- Vertonghen ---- Lombaerts

----------------------Dembele - Witsel--------------------------

Mirallas-------------------Hazard--------------------- Mertens

--------------------------- Benteke ----------------------------

Home:

--------------------------- Courtois-------------------------------

Gillet ---------- Kompany -- Vermaelen------ Vertonghen

----------------------Fellaini - Witsel--------------------------

Mirallas--------------------- KDB --------------------- Hazard

----------------------------- Lukaku ------------------------------

Dream team:

--------------------------- Courtois-----------------------------

----------- Kompany - Vermaelen - Vertonghen ----------

------------------------- Dembele-----------------------------

-----------------Witsel-----KDB-----Nainggolan--------------

----------------------------Hazard-------------------------------

---------------------Fellaini ----Lukaku-------------------------

Well next 2 games against Macedonia we must win, to secure atleast 2nd spot + to challenge Croatia for first.

Have moved the posts from the Lukaku thread to here since the Belgian members are so obsessed with their NT. :P

At least they have players to have pride in...unlike a certain country north-west of Belgium....

Rmpr, Stingray and Backstreet09 like this

Lol :) Well to summarise

2x Macedonia

Out agains Schotland and Croatia

Home against Wales

Which are all very doable games, for exception the out game against Croatia. It will all come down to that one (for first place) if we manage to win both games vs Macedonia i think.

Croatia was lucky to get away with a draw earlier this year but our squad will be (a lot) stronger when we face them again (avg age was like 22 vs Croatia?) so another year will help us a lot + we have 2 good strikers now with Lukaku and Benteke

Yeah, I end up reading the wikipedia thing! :lol:

Well, you have a huge chance of at least getting into the play-offs. Win both against Macedonia and the second place is yours.

Draw one against Scotland/Wales and win the other and all you got to do is beat Croacia for the first place! :)

Backstreet09 likes this