The worst European champions of all-time?

BlueLion.

You haven't explained it though. You can't. You don't know the problems, you don't know where their roots lie and you don't know what the solutions are.

Don't tell me I live in the past either.

You do not seem to read well. Current Chelsea´s problems are much more complicated than you care to admit or know about.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not seem to read well. Current Chelsea´s problems are much more complicated than you care to admit or know about.

I'm happy to talk about them, but I don't think Emenalo is the issue. I think they pre-dated his tenure when we focused on the short-term and it's only in the last two years that our transfer policy has had any long-term planning about it, both in terms of the players we've signed and the prices paid/wages negotiated.

In terms of the loans, almost every single player out on loan is getting worthwhile experience that will see them better players when they return. The simple fact is that we were doing the wrong things for the first SEVEN years of Roman's ownership and that is why we're in the position we're in now. We were only looking at the short-term and up until the Torres transfer, we were overpaying for players who had little shelf-life remaining.

Now you can argue that Emenalo's appointment coincided with course correction or that he was the instigator of it, but we are now trying to do things the right way and that was always going to be a painful transition. But that's what life is - you put the hard work in to get the rewards.

We have a really, really bright future in front of us and I actually think we're on the right course. The fact that Kenyon gets fuck all criticism speaks volumes for some people's understanding of our current situation. I'm not saying Emenalo is perfect, but I think it's too early to judge him when the results have been at worst a mixed bag based on what was under his control.

Now if you want to talk to me about the issues then fine. If you want to insult me, then do that elsewhere.

I'm happy to talk about them, but I don't think Emenalo is the issue. I think they pre-dated his tenure when we focused on the short-term and it's only in the last two years that our transfer policy has had any long-term planning about it, both in terms of the players we've signed and the prices paid/wages negotiated.

In terms of the loans, almost every single player out on loan is getting worthwhile experience that will see them better players when they return. The simple fact is that we were doing the wrong things for the first SEVEN years of Roman's ownership and that is why we're in the position we're in now. We were only looking at the short-term and up until the Torres transfer, we were overpaying for players who had little shelf-life remaining.

Now you can argue that Emenalo's appointment coincided with course correction or that he was the instigator of it, but we are now trying to do things the right way and that was always going to be a painful transition. But that's what life is - you put the hard work in to get the rewards.

We have a really, really bright future in front of us and I actually think we're on the right course. The fact that Kenyon gets fuck all criticism speaks volumes for some people's understanding of our current situation. I'm not saying Emenalo is perfect, but I think it's too early to judge him when the results have been at worst a mixed bag based on what was under his control.

Now if you want to talk to me about the issues then fine. If you want to insult me, then do that elsewhere.

So much written but...simply put. Emenalo must be relieved from DOF job but kept as the head scout. There he has done very well.

As for any insults here. Quite the contrary. I am not here to insult anybody. Stop making up things.

So much written but...simply put. Emenalo must be relieved from DOF job but kept as the head scout. There he has done very well.

As for any insults here. Quite the contrary. I am not here to insult anybody. Stop making up things.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. We're just going to have to agree to disagree. No point in letting things get nasty because we're all Chelsea supporters at the end of the day. We want things to work out for the best because nothing is more important than going to the Bridge to support the team.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. We're just going to have to agree to disagree. No point in letting things get nasty because we're all Chelsea supporters at the end of the day. We want things to work out for the best because nothing is more important than going to the Bridge to support the team.

Of course no point of getting nasty. Perhaps, you may not believe me but I do respect your opinions as I do other ones.

Well said, we all are here to support Chelsea, somehow.

As for going to the Bridge. Since I do not live in London I do not get to see them alive much. If I get to see Chelsea 3-4 times during the season, I am happy. It costs me close to 400 € per game. Flight, accommodation, tickets.

Perhaps, one day I may pop in to see you at the Bridge & have some brewskies afterwards ? :getin:

I honestly wish to see this season over. Personally, I had so much hope for the team. I even thought Chelsea could have challenged for the PL title. Was I wrong or what ?

At the moment, I am just sad to see so much money being poured into the club but fuck all to show for it.

How many other clubs can boast about having such a generous owner ? Perhaps, 2-3 in the world ?

Excellent article Alex...echoes my thoughts perfectly...

The players seem to choose which games they want to perform in...

And to tell the truth..none of our 3 previous managers (RDM included) ever seemed to be in control of the team as a leader..

Like Alex rightfully pointed out...our next manager shouldn't just be a good coach...he needs to be a good ringmaster (sorry, couldn't think of a better word)

there is quite a lot I agree with here.

Last night I just gave up on the game and went and cooked dinner for me and the misses, this is not the Chelsea we all know and love there is no fight, no passion, no desire. I feel for the fans that went last night, I think Chelsea should give them a full refund and a years free membership.

The players should all give there fucking wages away.

We just have a team now of over paid people who just want there wage packet at the end of the week, well ill take Mata Lamps Terry and Cech out of that but even they are now getting to a point where they are giving up because of what's going on around them, they must see it how we see surely? the so called heart and soul of our club.