test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Korea

World Cup General Chat

Started by Korea,

910 posts in this topic

Well its not gonna be pakistan... :P

It's never going to be lol I don't even know if we have a football team haha xD .

Ooooh, when the truth hurts... :lol:

Haha omg like never , when someone is makin fun of my shit country I actually join in . #notreallypatriotic XD

Haha omg like never , when someone is makin fun of my shit country I actually join in . #notreallypatriotic XD

No, I was making fun of Hutcho who got pissed because you threw some inconvinient truth at him! :lol:

England will have 36 year old frankie, who will get the golden boot, and single handedly win the world cup... :D

LOL

It is amazing how you guys lost such a good generation. I mean, not even a SF or so...

xPetrCechx and Hutcho like this

No, I was making fun of Hutcho who got pissed you threw some inconvinient truth at him! :lol:

Haha oh , yeah my bad . 1000 likes to that ^_^

P.S I'm out of likes

Rmpr likes this

No, I was making fun of Hutcho who got pissed because you threw some inconvinient truth at him! :lol:

LOL

It is amazing how you guys lost such a good generation. I mean, not even a SF or so...

:cry:

We will smash brazil... :ph34r:

Rmpr likes this

:cry:

We will smash brazil... :ph34r:

I'll buy you and rmpr a drink if this happens . Like seriously ^_^

Rmpr likes this

Ronaldinho says hello:

:Goober:

2002 world cup. In my primary school they set up a tv sobwe could watch it because the games were on at like 9am our time. Sad times. But great times... :)
Liquidator and Dion like this

2002 world cup. In my primary school they set up a tv sobwe could watch it because the games were on at like 9am our time. Sad times. But great times... :)

Stop complaining, I had to wake up at 3am or at 5am...

I'll never forget that goal. It was one of our toughest games. Turkey gave us a bad time too, their goalkeeper was brilliant in that WC.

I think Brazil will do well..... Some of the Brazilians I talk to tell me that both Luiz and Ramires are going to get dropped from the starting 11.

Germany probably have the strongest team in the tournament, however, they have so many attacking mids....

Spain backbone is declining at this moment. Iker, Xavi and Puyols.... I would be surprised if they all made the team next year....

I think Brazil will do well.....

It depends on what you classify as 'well'. Most Brazilians think that anything outside a top4 is shit. In 2010, we had a perfect tournament until the second half with Holland. We complete dominated every single oponent (even Portugal that was 0-0) and the first half of the Quater-finals was amazing (really sexy football); however, we had a black-out for 15min and couldnt recover from it. Holland was a very good team (they even played better in the final imo), Sneijder and Robben were completely dominating and they also had some pretty awesome supporting acotrs, credit where credit is due. Brazil could have 'easily' advanced, beaten Uruguay and who knows what might have hapenned in the final vs Spain!

This would have been considered by English/Italian/French/Etc as a decent or good tournament. Instead, we classify it as a total failure...

So, if you want to use the Brazilian terminology for doing well in a World Cup, it wont happen, things wont go well. There is a high chance we wont at least make it to the semi-final. Worse, just forgot that it will be in Brazil....Not winning wont be acceptable!

Nevertheless, if you just want to be rational. Brazil always do well, sometimes worst than expected, but never embarassing. Since our first tittle (1958), we never ever got eliminated to a shit team or lost in the first round/group stage. Actually, only in three WCs we finished bellow top6; the first one being in 1934 (lost in the Round of Sixteen to Spain, finished 12th), the other being in 1966 (couldnt pass group stage against Hungary and Portugal, finished 11th) and the most recent one being in 1990 (lost in the QFs to the runner-up Argentina, finished 9th). A really good record and a pretty much QF guarantee in the last 20-30 years. We always provide a decent amount of fun at least until angood portion of the tournament, no need to worry about that!

Anyways, what is to do well to you?.....QFs? Then it will most probably (almost 100%) happen.....SFs? Really hard.....Winning? Crazy thinking.

This Spikey boy will be there in Brazil!

I predict the final to be between...

7261.gif

512px-dfbeagle-svg.png

With Argentina winning on penalties. Yes, I believe the Argentines will chip our Germany on penalties. Why? Because I think this German team is one of the most talented German teams ever assmebled but they don't have the stereotypical German hardiness and efficiency. They are an abnormal team, not only that they lack a a leader, in voice and in action. Whereas for Argentina Messi leads by action and Mascherano (and others like Cambiasso) leads by voice. Argenitna has a terrible defence but if Messi fires on all cylinders (he will), Argentina will be dragged kicking and screaming to at least the semis.

I will probably be supporting Brazil though (after Australia gets eliminated...), hopefully being in Brazil.

Rmpr likes this