test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Korea

World Cup General Chat

Started by Korea,

910 posts in this topic

I was looking around the forum and saw how their is a diverse group of posters here(in terms of ethnicity) , so, I was wondering, who you got for WC 2014?

I think it will be a final consisting of either Germany - Argentina (with Messi finally producing the goods for the NT) or a dream final (for me anyway) of Brazil - Spain.

Either Germany or Brazil to win it.

I expect Iniesta's burst of pace to be gone, Xavi must surely decline a bit, there's no 'main' striker for Spain to use anymore (unless they get Michu in there), Alba (or Monreal) would probably be exploited by Neymar with ease (Unless of course he starts through the centre in which case I expect Pique to be on his arse for most of the game), and I feel Fabregas is incredibly overrated so won't be able to fill in for Xavi/Iniesta too well when needed. Cazorla is just not a big game player IMO and will probably have no pace in 2 years.

OH BUT THEY HAVE TORRES!!! :Goober:

The only way I can see Spain winning the World Cup is if they get rid of the Tiki-Taka crap and go ultra-attacking while utilising Mata & Silva properly while giving trust to Isco and starting him in a couple of games. (They also need to just finally pick a starting right-back who's name is not Arbeloa. Either our own Azpi or Carvajal.)

I respect Spain greatly but just can't see them winning a major trophy for the next few years, including the next WC.

It's not that I feel Spain lack the talent now (I mean c'mon, they've got loads of new products coming out every month who're good enough for top clubs!), but I feel with the players new to the national team (which will be needed by 2014), the pressure will get to them after the bar being set so high by the Golden Generation.

My head says Germany to win it (Reus, Muller, Schurrle etc. will just be absolutely great by that time I feel) but my heart says Brazil.

Note: I expect and hope for Belgium to reach the semi-final at least!

Dark horses (in my opinion): Chile, Bosnia&H & Hungary.

Korea likes this

No doubt this will be the Spanish Team

Pedro----------Cesc-------------Mata

-----------Iniesta---Silva----------

---------------Busquets-----------

Alba-------------------------------Ramos

--------J.Martinez---Pique-------------

-----------------Casillas-------------------

No doubt this will be the Spanish Team

Pedro----------Cesc-------------Mata

-----------Iniesta---Silva----------

---------------Busquets-----------

Alba-------------------------------Ramos

--------J.Martinez---Pique-------------

-----------------Casillas-------------------

No Xavi ?

Possible winners: as always - Germany, but I'd also keep an eye on Brazil, France, Italy, Spain. Though, with Barcelona fading, I can see the same happening to Spanish national team.

Dark horses: Belgium's golden generation and Chile.

Have been supporting Holland during World Cups /European Championships, but they seem to go through a rough patch at the moment with big names retiring/no delivering and new generation coming through.

Korea likes this

Brazil to win it . They have like the best squad and I can bet anything on them ANYTHING xD

Korea likes this

Germany are bottlers

Argentina don't have good enough defense

Brazil will have to much pressure on them

Spain or Italy to win it

Bottlers or not, they are one of the most stable teams out there with ALWAYS having a great mix of older and younger generation. (Müller, Kroos, Neuer, Badstuber, the Bender twins etc) I mean the change of blood when Oliver Kahn, Ballack etc retired wasn't even felt.

Agree on Argentina and pressure can have it's toll on a young Brazil side.

Germany and Spain have the same problem with Brazil, they don't have a good number 9..... However, Gomez, Klose>Fabiano,Fred,Demaio.

xPetrCechx likes this

Germany has the same problem with Brazil, they don't have a good number 9..... However, Gomez, Klose>Fabiano,Fred,Demaio.

There's like a whole year lol We don't really know if gomez could get injured or Pato survives from the injuries lol and you forgot to mention the incredible hulk ^_^

There's like a whole year lol We don't really know if gomez could get injured or Pato survives from the injuries lol and you forgot to mention the incredible hulk ^_^

Hulks a winger/striker... Also, Gomez will probably leave Bayern with Pep coming in and I am hoping Pato gets his act together so he can be Brazil number 9......

Backstreet09 likes this

Hulks a winger/striker... Also, Gomez will probably leave Bayern with Pep coming in and I am hoping Pato gets his act together so he can be Brazil number 9......

Ikr and yeah probably that .

Oh yesh if Pato gets his shit straight that'd be so end of the world xD

Still believe Brazil has like the most youngest and dynamic team , they have like a year to settle and gel . If they get their formation and chemistry right I don't see a single force defeating them not even darth vader.

No Xavi ?

I don't think so. This season especially is showing Xavi's decrease in influence,. But its another season left so anything could happen.

I'm not as confident as you guys that Brazil will win it. I'd put Germany and Spain ahead. Argentina too if Messi start performing in NT. So Brazil would be the fourth more likely to win in my list. Italy close behind us. And maybe Belgium, France or England can surprise everyone.

Rmpr likes this

I think it will be a final consisting of either Germany - Argentina (with Messi finally producing the goods for the NT) or a dream final (for me anyway) of Brazil - Spain.

Either Germany or Brazil to win it.

I expect Iniesta's burst of pace to be gone, Xavi must surely decline a bit, there's no 'main' striker for Spain to use anymore (unless they get Michu in there), Alba (or Monreal) would probably be exploited by Neymar with ease (Unless of course he starts through the centre in which case I expect Pique to be on his arse for most of the game), and I feel Fabregas is incredibly overrated so won't be able to fill in for Xavi/Iniesta too well when needed. Cazorla is just not a big game player IMO and will probably have no pace in 2 years.

OH BUT THEY HAVE TORRES!!! :Goober:

The only way I can see Spain winning the World Cup is if they get rid of the Tiki-Taka crap and go ultra-attacking while utilising Mata & Silva properly while giving trust to Isco and starting him in a couple of games. (They also need to just finally pick a starting right-back who's name is not Arbeloa. Either our own Azpi or Carvajal.)

I respect Spain greatly but just can't see them winning a major trophy for the next few years, including the next WC.

It's not that I feel Spain lack the talent now (I mean c'mon, they've got loads of new products coming out every month who're good enough for top clubs!), but I feel with the players new to the national team (which will be needed by 2014), the pressure will get to them after the bar being set so high by the Golden Generation.

My head says Germany to win it (Reus, Muller, Schurrle etc. will just be absolutely great by that time I feel) but my heart says Brazil.

Note: I expect and hope for Belgium to reach the semi-final at least!

Dark horses (in my opinion): Chile, Bosnia&H & Hungary.

I would be genuinely interested in the reasoning behind that. :D

Backstreet09 likes this

England obviously....

Oh wait i mean germany... :D

England winning a world cup is like arsenal winning a trophy and Liverpool winning the Premier League ^_^

xPetrCechx likes this

LOOOOL

And I thought I was the one eagerly waiting for the WC. It will be insane, lots of hot eastern european chicks and places to party! :)

I dont fucking care who wins it really, dionsa already explained it beautifully...