Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

which should be reason enough for us to review some of our loans lately. It's bad for a player to go to a different team, manager, league every 6 or 12 months. It disrupts their development imo.

Courtois should set the example that stability is absolutely relevant and maybe even mandatory for a player's proper development.

I don't like our policy of loaning those young players to different clubs and let alone leagues every year.

Look at Piazon, he played a bit for us, then Spanish league, then Dutch and now he's going to German league. Those four leagues differ a lot in style and he's been used at least in three different ways (positions) in two and a half years.

How can we expect him to develop properly if he's been thrown around with different philosophies, ideas, demands every new season? The same applicable to Nathaniel, that has wasted a year at Forest after a successful loan at Watford. Why not keep the kid there or bring him back for good?

That's the only mistake I see us doing lately with the loans, especially the kids with more potential and talent.

Courtois can't be used as an example because he excelled in his time at Atletico, they wanted him back. The same can't be said for Piazon, he did well in the early part of last year and then tailed off. Loans are about giving the opportunity to players to get some football in when your parent club doesn't have room so as a footballer you have to take the opportunities as they are presented.

Situations change all the time, I'm sure the loss of Zola effected the Chalobah situation greatly.

I'm not comparing the talents, but how it's handled.

Boga definitely seems something special - whereas I agree Lucas is nothing out of ordinary - but I think lack of stability detracts their development no matter how good, ordinary or special they are. They're kids in formation, how can they be properly formed if different people, with different philosophies are telling them different things each step of the way they take? Many times one manager or league will demand them to unlearn or forget what they just learned in the previous spell because of styles. After you're a mature player, it adds to your repertoire and you can be more versatile. As a kid in formation it can be confusing and the lack of continuity may even lead to being a guy that doesn't do anything particularly well as he tried a bit of everything, but didn't have a chance to really go deeper in anything.

That's not entirely true. The parent club doesn't just send you on loan without any objectives, they give you aspects of your game to work on and they also discuss with the club how that player will be used/deployed in their system. Piazon went to our best feeder club with free reign to work on his game and failed to adapt... Lukaku went to Everton and although he still has aspects of his game that need serious attention continued to progress in a meaningful way(He may think he's complete but its not entirely true) He went to work on his back to goal and to get opportunities at a bigger club, he's done reasonably well.

Could you ever envision him playing as a striker? A pure #9.

No, I don't think so. Number 10 is the perfect position for him. Playing behind the striker in a free role where he can use the free space to speed up and dribble past the defenders is best for him.

Sod it

The French version of that please.

I still don't get where the CTV guys took this idea that Boga is in any way similar to Romário.

He could end up being one day, but this video of yours just prove how at the moment they have a few small similarities to them, but in general one doesn't remind me of the other at all.

I understand that someone is talented and stuff but to play how he plays while being only 17, that's bloody amazing! I wish this lad all the best in his career, he's is one of the most talented players my eyes have ever seen, and I even watched Messi debut for Barca in 2004...

I hope club handle Boga really well and don't overestimate or underestimate his ability. If done well, we could have ourselves and absolutely amazing player.

Trust in the club, trust in Jose. If we have managerial stability, we'll have youth talents coming through rather than being farmed out on loan all the time.

Yes, father...

(Sorry, you just sounded a lot like someone preaching religion :P)

I still don't get where the CTV guys took this idea that Boga is in any way similar to Romário.

He could end up being one day, but this video of yours just prove how at the moment they have a few small similarities to them, but in general one doesn't remind me of the other at all.

Agreed!

Boga looks more like Del Piero to me in terms of style. Hard to really draw accurate comparisons this early into his development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqoMlIrSpEo

Similar running & dribbling styles. Same thing with Kun Aguero.

Del Piero & Aguero comparisons come out. Come on guys, let's be calm here. Boga's impressed and all credit to him, but these comparisons are premature and becomes the reason we then turn our backs on these players. We put them on a pedestal too early.

I was waiting for this response. LOL as if I don't know that, we're speaking of his movement on the pitch not the type of player he is going to be.