test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eviltwinz93

Youth Team Jeremie Boga

Started by Eviltwinz93,

448 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, the wes said:

Hope boga starts against Bayern Munich 

It's likely since Hazard, Pedro and Musonda are all injured.

19 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Had a great game, but let's not get carried away. I feel like this forum has a tendancy to overrate any youngster that is half decent. 

Hopefully he will have chances this season to play.

Majority of fans here complimenting Boga have seen him play for a long period and no his qualities. It is not knee-jerk and a lot of us know how good he can be if given the chance with the first team.

13 hours ago, manpe said:

Was impressed, but need to see more of him to decide if he's worthy of a squad place or not. Not gonna hype him too much just because he produced some good moves in a meaningless friendly game.

Meaningless? No game against Arsenal is meaningless and it is important for players who are looking to make an impression.

Reddish-Blue likes this

13 hours ago, manpe said:

Was impressed, but need to see more of him to decide if he's worthy of a squad place or not. Not gonna hype him too much just because he produced some good moves in a meaningless friendly game.

It's not a meaningless friendly if you're trying to earn a spot on the bench for the upcoming season.

His movement, dribbling and physical tools were there for all to see. Hopefully he can improve his decision-making..otherwise I see shades of Kakuta. 

yuvala and Stats like this

He has a poor vision. He could easily create chances but didn't.

27 minutes ago, Stats said:

Majority of fans here complimenting Boga have seen him play for a long period and no his qualities. It is not knee-jerk and a lot of us know how good he can be if given the chance with the first team.

This is the problem for every manager in charge of Chelsea.
Do you trust the youngster and play him (& risk being fired) or do you loan him out and hope he develops into something special (e.g. Courtois, Christensen, even Lukaku / De Bruyne to some extent)?

Stats and Fernando like this

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

This is the problem for every manager in charge of Chelsea.
Do you trust the youngster and play him (& risk being fired) or do you loan him out and hope he develops into something special (e.g. Courtois, Christensen, even Lukaku / De Bruyne to some extent)?

It is not just chelsea problem it is the problem with every big team in the world, if Van Gaal wasn't the manager for United there is no way we even know who Rashford, but yup he is gone

Not impressed at all. Great technique, but off the ball he was horrible. Out of position in terms of defensive duties almost all the time, which Alonso had to compensate for a couple of times. 
Granted, off the ball movement improves with time so I suspect he will become much better eventually. 

DH1988 and Fernando like this

- Good pace and balance. 

- Clearly not intimidated by defenders and willing to go at them when on the ball.

- Would have liked to have seen him put this foot through a ball and attempted at least one shot. Seems a bit timid in that regard in these first two games. He'll need to be able to be depended on if put into a position to finish.

- Needs to add more urgency when not on the ball, particularly when in a position to apply pressure defensively. Use that pace.

- I would handcuff him to Willian during training and tell him to do what he does, but do it better. 🙃

2 hours ago, Rekin said:

Not impressed at all. Great technique, but off the ball he was horrible. Out of position in terms of defensive duties almost all the time, which Alonso had to compensate for a couple of times. 
Granted, off the ball movement improves with time so I suspect he will become much better eventually. 

Tbh, he's just RLC 2.0. Needs to massively improve on his work-rate (one the reasons he also wasn't a starter at Granada) if he wants to succeed here. 

Fernando likes this

Just now, Shakez said:

Tbh, he's just RLC 2.0. Needs to massively improve on his work-rate (one the reasons he also wasn't a starter at Granada) if he wants to succeed here. 

Not so sure about that. I have seen him play for Granada and he did make some tackles. He is not a workhorse like Pedro,but saying that he has the work rate of RLC is a little but too much for me.

If we want a winger that defends well,we should a a fullback and play him there. If we want to have a good,fast and a good dribbler as a winger,we should seriously think about giving Boga or Musonda a fair chance. Boga can pass,he can dribble and he can score Hazerd type of goals. He is not perfect, but under Conte,he can improve. Moses and Willian were not able to get dribble past a 18 year old Bayern Munich player . Boga could dribble past any of Bayern Munichs players.

5 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Supposedly starting tomorrow.  I thought this thread would be busier.

First real test!

Thread isn't busy because nobody actually believes he's starting tomorrow.

Conte will play a senior player out of position before ever giving Boga or whoever els a chance.

Sideshow Luiz and BluesMadLad like this

Shame Cahill did that stupid challenge which ended Bogas debut.

But at the very least if the board doesnt buy players, I hope Boga and Musonda get their chance. Bottom line if we mess up this season in terms of results, developing either of the two in quality player would give me same joy as winnig title realy. We havent developed a player since Terry and thats was ages ago. 

the wes and Johnnyeye like this

6 hours ago, lucio said:

The rare ocassion when a young player gets a chance , a bumbling senior turd ruins it. Typical chelsea

I miss captain JT :(

the wes and lucio like this

This was one of the most unfortunate debut that a young player could have ... Feel so freaking frustrated for him. I hope his moral doesnt go down and he gets another chance soon. 

Stats, xPetrCechx and the wes like this

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

he gets another chance soon. 

He could started against Spurs pedro still injured