Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

• 1 month later...

I really like the look of this guy. Has that extra bit of flair and audacity that I like in a player. Reminds me of Kakuta when he was in the youth. Maybe not the best omen - but Kakuta's talent has never been in question really.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the videos. His close control, dribbling and speed are all very impressive. These are qualities that will translate into the senior game because he will only get stronger, quicker and even sharper. He's unplayable sometimes at youth level.

Hopefully he continues to improve his decision making and learn to use his left foot as well. So much potential, he could be a special player.

Thanks for the videos. His close control, dribbling and speed are all very impressive. These are qualities that will translate into the senior game because he will only get stronger, quicker and even sharper. He's unplayable sometimes at youth level.

Hopefully he continues to improve his decision making and learn to use his left foot as well. So much potential, he could be a special player.

Actually those qualities in youngster worry me the most. Because it is so hard to take those qualities to the first team where defenders are faster, stronger and a lot better. It is a huge step up. I'd be much more confident about players like RLC or Chalobah who's best attributes are passing, tactical awareness and work-rate because those are much more likely to translate to the PL level.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Boga is obviously a special player with loads of potential, I was just making a general remark.

Actually those qualities in youngster worry me the most. Because it is so hard to take those qualities to the first team where defenders are faster, stronger and a lot better. It is a huge step up. I'd be much more confident about players like RLC or Chalobah who's best attributes are passing, tactical awareness and work-rate because those are much more likely to translate to the PL level.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Boga is obviously a special player with loads of potential, I was just making a general remark.

I understand what you're saying. Young attacking players perhaps have the more difficult path to the first team compared to defenders or midfielders.

RLC and Chalobah's qualities are representative of the positions they play. Boga's passing, tactical awareness and work-rate can be worked on and improved. In fact he's already shown the ability to pick a pass in the final third which is very promising.

Players like Boga are very rare. Not many players in football have close control, dribbling and speed. At the highest level those are potentially game changing qualities.

I understand what you're saying. Young attacking players perhaps have the more difficult path to the first team compared to defenders or midfielders.

RLC and Chalobah's qualities are representative of the positions they play. Boga's passing, tactical awareness and work-rate can be worked on and improved. In fact he's already shown the ability to pick a pass in the final third which is very promising.

Players like Boga are very rare. Not many players in football have close control, dribbling and speed. At the highest level those are potentially game changing qualities.

Yeah my comment was not aimed at Boga in particular who I think is an amazing talent,especially if you consider his age. Was just making a point, that I worry more about youngsters who rely on speed and dribbling ability when they want to make the step up to the first team.

Yeah my comment was not aimed at Boga in particular who I think is an amazing talent,especially if you consider his age. Was just making a point, that I worry more about youngsters who rely on speed and dribbling ability when they want to make the step up to the first team.

This is what I was thinking when Norwich played us in the FAYC Final. No bitterness..but even though Norwich won and played to their strengths, 5 years down the line I would get the Chelsea first XI will have more PL standard players than the Norwich one.

Those two twins, that were the two wingers. Sure they looked good on the night, but beyond that, where will they actually get to? Just more run-of-the-money headless chicken type wingers England love churning out. Their striker is similar, think he was Murphy/Morris. He was a good foil for the two wingers at that level but he just looked like another block that lacks the movement or touch to get more than 10 goals a season.

In Boga there is of course something above that for me. Very talented, I'm a big fan.

^ Norwich did well to beat us in the final, they had a game plan and executed it to perfection, but is that the right thing to do at youth level in terms of players development? I think the opposite.It was like watching a re run of our first team play Barca.

I think Boga has as good a chance as any at making it into the first team, he is a class above Kiwomya who has his moments but is a headless chicken if ever i see one.

• 1 month later...