Playstation 4

Steve

PS4 is far from a flop. FIFA 14 on PS4 is a very good game, but if you have huge amount of free time to spend in a game, it will get boring after a while, just like every sports game around.

The game's library is quite small, no doubt about it, but there are some very good games (PS4 is the platform to be playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag), but thats definitely not the best moment to buy a PS4. 90% of the big titles coming from nex-gen consoles are coming to PS3 and 360 as well.

I just got my PS4 because I skipped the last generation, since I was using the PC to play my favorite games, but now I got a Mac and needed a new gaming platform, and I already played most of the great games from last gen on my old Windows. If you already have a console, I would wait until 2015 thinking about buying a new console.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS4 is far from a flop. FIFA 14 on PS4 is a very good game, but if you have huge amount of free time to spend in a game, it will get boring after a while, just like every sports game around.

The game's library is quite small, no doubt about it, but there are some very good games (PS4 is the platform to be playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag), but thats definitely not the best moment to buy a PS4. 90% of the big titles coming from nex-gen consoles are coming to PS3 and 360 as well.

I just got my PS4 because I skipped the last generation, since I was using the PC to play my favorite games, but now I got a Mac and needed a new gaming platform, and I already played most of the great games from last gen on my old Windows. If you already have a console, I would wait until 2015 thinking about buying a new console.

The last paragraph is spot on!

I played Wolfenstein on PS4 then spent the ret of the time playing Tomb Raider ( I picked up for £12) on the PS3 (missed it initially too much other stuff to play) - sure the Gfx weren't as good - but still great... My PC specs easily beat both consoles though if looking for great GFX :)

I'm hoping to get a good watchdogs session in this weekend!

Heard a lot of bad reviews about Watch Dogs which disappoints me. Most people are saying the bits you see in the trailer are as good as it gets and it's a poor man's GTA..

It's built on the GTA engine :) so yes it's a free roaming environment :)

Games are subjective like films - people that love GTA probably won't like Watchdogs ;)

I think the game was overhyped - but it's not as bad as people are making out ;)

It's built on the GTA engine :) so yes it's a free roaming environment :)

Games are subjective like films - people that love GTA probably won't like Watchdogs ;)

I think the game was overhyped - but it's not as bad as people are making out ;)

Hmm yeah. One review did say if you're into the hacking stuff then it does generally get more interesting. I think it's just because they pushed it so much and did so much PR early on that it became a victim of its own hype.

Watchdogs is pretty good. Not great imo. Hyped up to no end if it was like this on release then it wouldn't have been as bad but because it got delayed half a year and was hyped up to the extreme it is a bit of a disappointment.

I wasn't expecting much and GTA will always be the king of open world (Or red dead, depending on setting, basically rockstar will be the king lol). Still a decent game though, and if you are a big fan of open worlds it will be worth a purchase. But if GTA is 10/10 then this is a 7.

So probably a advantage for me that i never had gta..

Still playing killzone and cod ghosts atm, and a little bit fifa and need for speed

Liked infamous, but to easy

Going to get watchdogs and wolfenstein next week i think.

Probably only when you like basketball?

Not even! 2k14 was the only game, (not just sports) that has owned the next-gen platform. Fifa, Infamous 2, Daylight, Wolfenstein there has been no game as in depth and realistic as 2k14, it really isn't even up for debate. The player likeness, storyline, AND presentation (unlike Fifa which solely focused on presentation and animations).

Let me tell you this...... The Playstation 4 so far is an absoloute flop in my opinion. Do not think Watchdogs is any good because I spent a day on it yesterday and it's your standard free roaming bullshit. What a waste of money. I know it's early days still with the Playstation 4 but fuck me with it's slow loading menus and horrible game selection I wish I had waited a year or two at least after it's launch before buying one. Maybe then they would have iorned out the endless errors with it's interface and could have at least played some decent games other than a bug riddled fifa or huge unoriginal Wathdogs!

So just because you dont enjoy it, its a flop? Slow loading menus???? Have you played the ps3? Watch Dogs unoriginal? Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what happened when PS3 first came out. There wasn't a big library and it scuffled granted there were other issues as well but eventually ther Ps3 righted the ship once the gaming library expanded. Destiny will be the first big game to show how gaming has evolved from the PS3 to the PS4. The Order 1886 looks amazing as well. I think Ps4 will start get much better in 2015.

Next-gen hasn't really taken off yet game library wise, both Xbox One and PS4 wise. Don't know how anyone can really complain about that, it's pretty easy to research when games will come out and what games are coming out. Just be patient... I'm already enjoying the PS4 but I know for sure that it's nowhere near it's peak and that the best games are definitely yet to come.

Just waiting for the Sony E3 conference to see what Sony have got planned for us.

• 1 month later...

I love the PS4, just there's hardly any decent games, the only one I play is Call of Duty Ghosts multiplayer. Killzone is crap, all the PS+ for PS4 is awful Indy rubbish, all the decent PS+ stuff is for the PS3. I can't wait for The Crew though.