test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Playstation 4

Started by Steve,

216 posts in this topic

As a parent, not interested in buying it for my son… my husband, more likely!

Is it back compatible for games? That is my big question.

And me for my children :halo:

Doesnt seem all that so far -so will stick with PS 3 unless theres some blinding difference.

"The decision to not make the PlayStation 4 backwards compatible is

disappointing and means the 5.5 million plus people who own a PS3 in the

UK will essentially have to start their gaming collection from

scratch,"

-This is obviously a money spinner

Its like clubs changing shirts every season for punters in the Mug-o-store

dave30 likes this

And me for my children :halo:

Doesnt seem all that so far -so will stick with PS 3 unless theres some blinding difference.

"The decision to not make the PlayStation 4 backwards compatible is

disappointing and means the 5.5 million plus people who own a PS3 in the

UK will essentially have to start their gaming collection from

scratch,"

-This is obviously a money spinner

Its like clubs changing shirts every season for punters in the Mug-o-store

I wouldn't play ps3 games on a ps4 anyway. I get why people do it and it would annoy some, but for me i very rarely go back to old games anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

Hamilton likes this

I have absolutely no desire to purchase a new gaming system. Love my PS3, and I can't really imagine purchasing a PS4 (unless they force me to purchase one by limiting new releases to the PS4 console).

I've done no research on the issue, but apparently part of the reason the PS3 is not backwards compatible is because game sales for the PS2 are still solid. Anyone know if there's any substance to that?

I have absolutely no desire to purchase a new gaming system. Love my PS3, and I can't really imagine purchasing a PS4 (unless they force me to purchase one by limiting new releases to the PS4 console).

I've done no research on the issue, but apparently part of the reason the PS3 is not backwards compatible is because game sales for the PS2 are still solid. Anyone know if there's any substance to that?

Agree with the first part. Like my PS2 was still good enough until late 2008...

No, it is because they wanted to force you to buy PS3. The first bulky system was compatible, but the slim and super slim arent!

I thought you said you probably wouldn't buy it straight away anyway? Or am i getting confused... lol.

LOOOOOOOOOL

I wont buy (certainty), but I can get happy for Brazil not being left behind, cant I? :P

Hutcho likes this

They will probably make the ps3 even cheaper and double release games for a couple of years to try and squeeze everything they can out of the ps3 market.

It will be interesting to see what huge games like fifa do as they generally release 2 months before when the ps4 is expected to come out, so will they launch Ps4 versions as well 2 months adter initial release or just delay the release 2 months. The games will probably be starting at like 60 quid now as well.

LOOOOOOOOOL

I wont buy (certainty), but I can get happy for Brazil not being left behind, cant I? :P

Yeah lol, you can encourage your mates to buy it and then just never leave their house... :D

Yeah lol, you can encourage your mates to buy it and then just never leave their house... :D

YEAH!

I remember when i didnt have the PS One, I would spend the whole day at thier house! :D

I will advise them to buy that Knack game... :ph34r:

YEAH!

I remember when i didnt have the PS One, I would spend the whole day at thier house! :D

I will advise them to buy that Knack game... :ph34r:

Ps one, was great.

I went from my sega, to ps one, my ps2 was one of the greatest christmas' ever as my parents had told me there was no way i was getting that. And it was epic. Then Ps3 obviously and hopefully the Ps4 Soon. If it is as big a leap in technology as PS2 to 3 then it will be epic, but i cant see it being THAT much different, still excited about it though. Especially the idea of nect gen GTA 5.

I didn't actually watch the whole thing, just read the updates and checked some of the game reviews. I saw that one though... Looked different, Killzone looked good albeit extremely shiny lol, but the last one was good, but that may be because Bungie used to be exclusive to the Xbox and now they will unleash Updated Next Gen Halo-ish content on the PS4.

Rmpr likes this

They will probably make the ps3 even cheaper and double release games for a couple of years to try and squeeze everything they can out of the ps3 market.

It will be interesting to see what huge games like fifa do as they generally release 2 months before when the ps4 is expected to come out, so will they launch Ps4 versions as well 2 months adter initial release or just delay the release 2 months. The games will probably be starting at like 60 quid now as well.

They will launch it 2 months later, just like with the Wii U (lol).

They will launch it 2 months later, just like with the Wii U (lol).

Is the Wii u any good. Not that i would ever buy it, but i don't know one person who actually owns one.

Is the Wii u any good. Not that i would ever buy it, but i don't know one person who actually owns one.

I have no idea, but people say they are a bit above the current gen...

I t has never arrived in Brazil, so you can see how desperate people are to buy it! :lol:

Hutcho likes this

People who are complaining about backwards compatibility haven't a clue about hardware or software design i'm afraid.

The PS4 is going to use a x84 cpu, witch means that for backward compatibility they would have to include a cell cpu on top of the x84 one, witch would drive cost up , not to mention powerconsumption, extra space on the mobo, and extra cooling requirements.

Personally i'm happy that they went with x84 and dropped BC.

If your old games are that important to you, just keep your old console around somewhere.

As for the difference in games. Just wait till you see games running actually rendered (not upscaled) at 1080p with lots of AA and AF, textures ten times the size, and coded from the ground up with DX11 capabilities in mind. The difference will be absolutely immense.

I'm not a Sony fan though. Dont even own a PS3.

The Skipper and Hutcho like this

People who are complaining about backwards compatibility haven't a clue about hardware or software design i'm afraid.

The PS4 is going to use a x84 cpu, witch means that for backward compatibility they would have to include a cell cpu on top of the x84 one, witch would drive cost up , not to mention powerconsumption, extra space on the mobo, and extra cooling requirements.

Personally i'm happy that they went with x84 and dropped BC.

If your old games are that important to you, just keep your old console around somewhere.

As for the difference in games. Just wait till you see games running actually rendered (not upscaled) at 1080p with lots of AA and AF, textures ten times the size, and coded from the ground up with DX11 capabilities in mind. The difference will be absolutely immense.

I'm not a Sony fan though. Dont even own a PS3.

That is what i am so looking forward to.

I wonder how much it will retail for i reckon 375.00

Im interested to see Microsoft and their unveiling ....hopefully its an actual unveiling !

Fuck me, seems like only yesterday i got my PS3! I will get it though, gotta move with the times i suppose, i just hope it's not stupidly priced. PS3 was like £500 when it was first released. I see some people moaning about the controllers, do you remember what the PS3 controllers looked like at first? They soon made them the same or similar as PS2 controllers.

I think i'll have to sell my PS3 in part exchange i guess which should fetch over £100 ish. The PS4 obviously will be a lot better than the PS3 or there's no point them bringing a PS4 out. Looking forward to seeing FIFA, GTA and MGS on a PS4, that will be endless fun and hopefully a new Hustle Kings and i'll never be bored again.

My birthday and Xmas is within 6 weeks of each other, combined with money i can save and selling the PS3, i should be able to get it pretty easily when it's out. Can't wait.

Fuck me, seems like only yesterday i got my PS3! I will get it though, gotta move with the times i suppose, i just hope it's not stupidly priced. PS3 was like £500 when it was first released. I see some people moaning about the controllers, do you remember what the PS3 controllers looked like at first? They soon made them the same or similar as PS2 controllers.

I think i'll have to sell my PS3 in part exchange i guess which should fetch over £100 ish. The PS4 obviously will be a lot better than the PS3 or there's no point them bringing a PS4 out. Looking forward to seeing FIFA, GTA and MGS on a PS4, that will be endless fun and hopefully a new Hustle Kings and i'll never be bored again.

My birthday and Xmas is within 6 weeks of each other, combined with money i can save and selling the PS3, i should be able to get it pretty easily when it's out. Can't wait.

I believe the PS3 launched at £425 and the Xbox 360 launched at £279.99 so it will be interesting to see the competition between the two regarding price.

The PS3 was highly priced as it was the console that was also a blu-ray player and at the time that was a huge factor but it is rumored that the new xbox will also have this.

I own both consoles and can honestly say i like both , i prefer the 360 just because of the online gaming aspect of it and i like the interface they have. Though i prefer the aesthetics of the PS3 and the fact that even though the online features is nowhere near the same ballpark as the 360 it is free. Also i have never experienced a problem with my ps3 where as i had to get 3 xbox's replaced !

Ive not been playing online alot and i mainly stick to my sports games for offline game modes and i only do play COD or Halo online so i may opt for a PS4 ...though i am still awaiting to see what Microsoft comes up with before i make my move.