Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

1 - We are not worse than Dortmund, I may remember you that we are the actual Champions League winners. We are having a weird season that would be solved for the next one (Still being able to win Europa League, many many teams would kill to win it).

2 - They do leave Germany, the only stay in Germany if they are signed by the big team in Germany known as Bayern Munich.

3 - Players like Ozil, Kedhira and Holtby left Germany.

4 - Schürrle shouldn't be classified as Star.

5 - I don't mind, I want Reus and I want him NOW!.

1. We certainly are and it's not even up for debate. Their centre backs are better than ours, their CM's are better than ours, their wingers and playmakers are probably on the same level as ours and their striker is much better than Torres and Ba combined. Cech is better than Weidenfeller and I rate our full-backs higher than theirs but overall they are much better. Also, their managers is one of the best in the business right now.

3. Oh, you can name three players good enough for the national team who have left the Bundesliga in recent years. Looking at how many quality players they got over there, it's fair to say 90% of them stay in Germany.

4. Why shouldn't he be? A regular in their national team and there aren't many better players for his position at the moment in the Bundesliga. Sure, there are a few who are better but they wouldn't be realistic signings while Schürrle is a player we have scouted for years and it's his dream to play for Chelsea.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We certainly are and it's not even up for debate. Their centre backs are better than ours, their CM's are better than ours, their wingers and playmakers are probably on the same level as ours and their striker is much better than Torres and Ba combined. Cech is better than Weidenfeller and I rate our full-backs higher than theirs but overall they are much better. Also, their managers is one of the best in the business right now.

3. Oh, you can name three players good enough for the national team who have left the Bundesliga in recent years. Looking at how many quality players they got over there, it's fair to say 90% of them stay in Germany.

4. Why shouldn't he be? A regular in their national team and there aren't many better players for his position at the moment in the Bundesliga. Sure, there are a few who are better but they wouldn't be realistic signings while Schürrle is a player we have scouted for years and it's his dream to play for Chelsea.

1- If they are so good, we didn't have any chance with bundesliga? Also to be known as a good team you have to win matches and titles, just to remember you they are at semi-finals because that lucky win vs Malaga, so CL is not something to be proud of. Now Are they so good because match VS Real Madrid? I think they are good but can not believe they are that good.

2- How many players does Germany have in Starting XI from Bayern, Borussia or playing in another country, and how many for other German team? Last starting XI (Has been almost the same in the last 5 games) http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/germany/

3- He shouldn't be, as easy as he is not, and if we pay for him £20 M is stupid, there are plenty of players like him or better for less of the half. Jesus Navas if you want an example to look on.

1- If they are so good, we didn't have any chance with bundesliga? Also to be known as a good team you have to win matches and titles, just to remember you they are at semi-finals because that lucky win vs Malaga, so CL is not something to be proud of. Now Are they so good because match VS Real Madrid? I think they are good but can not believe they are that good.

2- How many players does Germany have in Starting XI from Bayern, Borussia or playing in another country, and how many for other German team? Last starting XI (Has been almost the same in the last 5 games) http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/germany/

3- He shouldn't be, as easy as he is not, and if we pay for him £20 M is stupid, there are plenty of players like him or better for less of the half. Jesus Navas if you want an example to look on.

1. To be known as a good team you have to win matches and titles? That's ironic because Dortmund have won more trophies in the last three seasons than Chelsea. Just because Bayern of this season are an even better side and no doubt the best team in the world right now, that doesn't take anything away from Dortmund. Despite Bayern being a top3 team in the world for the past few years, Dortmund still managed to win the two league titles in a row as well as the DFB cup last season and this season they are likely to reach the Champions League final after first winning a group consisting of Real Madrid, Manchester City (need I remind you that's a team against who we stood no chance in the four meetings this season) and finally Ajax who are a decent team too. If that's not a sign of a quality team then I honestly don't know what is.

Compare that to our team in the last two or three years and there is not a single objective football person on the planet who will suggest that Chelsea have been the better of the two.

And I sure as hell don't rate Dortmund just because they won Real Madrid earlier this week, I have been watching quite a lot of their games in the past couple of years and I know what I'm talking about. They are winning more games than us and their play style is maybe the most entertaining in the world, not that the aesthetics of the game really matter but still. What's even more remarkable is when you look at how their team has been built. Players from their own academy and cheap players from other teams turned into superstars. That's what every team should be aiming at and with a capable board and a classy manager we could do that too. Players like De Bruyne, Chalobah etc. are very much capable of being world class but does the Chelsea management give a fuck? No, they are more busy thinking which manager they want to sack next and which player is the latest flavour of the month so they can go bidding £30m for him and ignore the great players we already have.

2. Why does that matter? My point was that the best German players generally stay in the Bundesliga, doesn't matter for which team they play. How many players in the Spanish national team first XI play outside Barca / Real? Of course most players prefer to stay in their home country if the money is still as good as elsewhere and the team they play for is good enough to challenge for European glory. If the choice is between an English top4 club or Bayern Munich, I'm pretty sure 90% of the German players will choose Bayern. Reus will probably go there too within a couple of years, his best mate Götze is already going.

3. Ironically, the player whose name you came up with is a player suffering from chronic homesickness and much like the Germans is a guy who surely prefers staying in his homeland. Even if he has gotten the better of his condition, I'm fairly sure he still won't leave Sevilla, let alone sign for a club outside Spain. And even if he did and the choice was between Schürrle and Navas, I would choose the former 100% of the time. Navas was supposed to be the next big thing a few years back but hasn't really improved. In 2010 he was one of the best wingers in the world imo, but whenever I have watched Sevilla this year or the last, he has been mostly shit. £20m for Schürrle is much but he's a great young player who's versatile enough to play most positions in the final third of the pitch, making him much more important to the squad than a player like Navas, a pure out-and-out winger who only plays on his own flank and whose tricks are pretty easily found out if playing against a proper defense.

FUCK JESUS NAVAS, HES A CUNT.

Sorry felt compelled to say that, hes good but so overrated. If hes that good why does he never get games ahead of Villa and Pedro? Or Mata or Silva? sorry juts everyone seems to think hes something special when hes not. Reus is though, boom, what a player.

Sorry felt compelled to say that, hes good but so overrated. If hes that good why does he never get games ahead of Villa and Pedro? Or Mata or Silva? sorry juts everyone seems to think hes something special when hes not. Reus is though, boom, what a player.

Hahah, Navas has serious issues with his personalty he is really shut-in.

Agreed with Reus!

1. To be known as a good team you have to win matches and titles? That's ironic because Dortmund have won more trophies in the last three seasons than Chelsea. Just because Bayern of this season are an even better side and no doubt the best team in the world right now, that doesn't take anything away from Dortmund. Despite Bayern being a top3 team in the world for the past few years, Dortmund still managed to win the two league titles in a row as well as the DFB cup last season and this season they are likely to reach the Champions League final after first winning a group consisting of Real Madrid, Manchester City (need I remind you that's a team against who we stood no chance in the four meetings this season) and finally Ajax who are a decent team too. If that's not a sign of a quality team then I honestly don't know what is.

Compare that to our team in the last two or three years and there is not a single objective football person on the planet who will suggest that Chelsea have been the better of the two.

And I sure as hell don't rate Dortmund just because they won Real Madrid earlier this week, I have been watching quite a lot of their games in the past couple of years and I know what I'm talking about. They are winning more games than us and their play style is maybe the most entertaining in the world, not that the aesthetics of the game really matter but still. What's even more remarkable is when you look at how their team has been built. Players from their own academy and cheap players from other teams turned into superstars. That's what every team should be aiming at and with a capable board and a classy manager we could do that too. Players like De Bruyne, Chalobah etc. are very much capable of being world class but does the Chelsea management give a fuck? No, they are more busy thinking which manager they want to sack next and which player is the latest flavour of the month so they can go bidding £30m for him and ignore the great players we already have.

2. Why does that matter? My point was that the best German players generally stay in the Bundesliga, doesn't matter for which team they play. How many players in the Spanish national team first XI play outside Barca / Real? Of course most players prefer to stay in their home country if the money is still as good as elsewhere and the team they play for is good enough to challenge for European glory. If the choice is between an English top4 club or Bayern Munich, I'm pretty sure 90% of the German players will choose Bayern. Reus will probably go there too within a couple of years, his best mate Götze is already going.

3. Ironically, the player whose name you came up with is a player suffering from chronic homesickness and much like the Germans is a guy who surely prefers staying in his homeland. Even if he has gotten the better of his condition, I'm fairly sure he still won't leave Sevilla, let alone sign for a club outside Spain. And even if he did and the choice was between Schürrle and Navas, I would choose the former 100% of the time. Navas was supposed to be the next big thing a few years back but hasn't really improved. In 2010 he was one of the best wingers in the world imo, but whenever I have watched Sevilla this year or the last, he has been mostly shit. £20m for Schürrle is much but he's a great young player who's versatile enough to play most positions in the final third of the pitch, making him much more important to the squad than a player like Navas, a pure out-and-out winger who only plays on his own flank and whose tricks are pretty easily found out if playing against a proper defense.

1 - Honestly... I will never think on my team being worst than other, I may accept that other team is in better form than my team, but I will never accept that we are just simply worst than them. In the other hand I do know that they are good and they have a good team, that doesn't change my mind that they were poor against Malaga, opening the window in my mind that we could beat them. (Without Torres on Starting XI). I might accept your point like a sir that they are better, but sometimes I really prefer to be a fucker and say, hell no! we are better than them.

I also have to agree with you, that we are quite shit this year and we should to have the mind focused in creating a new team, because we have the tools, now we just need to make them work!.

2 - My point was based that German players play on Germany was more on a thing of the past, I do hope this is changing and will change in next years. Anyway if the same player have an offer from Bayern and Real Madrid, same amount of money on his wage, is normal that he would choose Bayern. Also is an strategy of Bayern, they play with the advantage of being able to seduce all the German players (as we just saw with Gotze).

3 - Was a simple example, I know that the guy has serious problems is well known from a long time ago, but I was trying to make the point with the quality/price. I seriously doubt that £20M for Schürrle is a fair price. We have to thing ahead if we play that price now, every single player will increase exponentially. Regarding the style of the player, that is not 100% sure for you, or for me. It would really depend on tactics and style of play.

I'm a bit tired of getting players for huge money quantities that haven't proved enough to earn the respect of almost everyone and be a consensus (See Cavani, you can like it, you can't, but you know that he is pure goal - I don't like him but I have to recognize that).

I do really hope that is not a failure, because we can not accept failures anymore, he £20M and gotze was around £30M for Bayern, I know... different players, different style but at the end, the money paid is not that big difference once you are handling these figures.

Hyvaa Chelsea.

1 - Honestly... I will never think on my team being worst than other, I may accept that other team is in better form than my team, but I will never accept that we are just simply worst than them. In the other hand I do know that they are good and they have a good team, that doesn't change my mind that they were poor against Malaga, opening the window in my mind that we could beat them. (Without Torres on Starting XI). I might accept your point like a sir that they are better, but sometimes I really prefer to be a fucker and say, hell no! we are better than them.

I also have to agree with you, that we are quite shit this year and we should to have the mind focused in creating a new team, because we have the tools, now we just need to make them work!.

2 - My point was based that German players play on Germany was more on a thing of the past, I do hope this is changing and will change in next years. Anyway if the same player have an offer from Bayern and Real Madrid, same amount of money on his wage, is normal that he would choose Bayern. Also is an strategy of Bayern, they play with the advantage of being able to seduce all the German players (as we just saw with Gotze).

3 - Was a simple example, I know that the guy has serious problems is well known from a long time ago, but I was trying to make the point with the quality/price. I seriously doubt that £20M for Schürrle is a fair price. We have to thing ahead if we play that price now, every single player will increase exponentially. Regarding the style of the player, that is not 100% sure for you, or for me. It would really depend on tactics and style of play.

I'm a bit tired of getting players for huge money quantities that haven't proved enough to earn the respect of almost everyone and be a consensus (See Cavani, you can like it, you can't, but you know that he is pure goal - I don't like him but I have to recognize that).

I do really hope that is not a failure, because we can not accept failures anymore, he £20M and gotze was around £30M for Bayern, I know... different players, different style but at the end, the money paid is not that big difference once you are handling these figures.

Hyvaa Chelsea.

Fair enough, I respect your opinions even though I don't agree with them. Feels nice to have a proper argument with someone on this forum for once without it simply turning into personal insults being thrown at each other. Should probably stop though, because this has little to do with Marco Reus and the mods don't like thread derailing. :ph34r:

Fair enough, I respect your opinions even though I don't agree with them. Feels nice to have a proper argument with someone on this forum for once without it simply turning into personal insults being thrown at each other. Should probably stop though, because this has little to do with Marco Reus and the mods don't like thread derailing. :ph34r:

Same here! To be honest part of your argument have more consistence than mine, in particular where Chelsea is better than Borussia actually. Anyway as always a pleasure to speak with a Finnish guy. :)

1. Hummels and Bender have been injured for half of the season.Schmelzer, Subotic, Weidenfeller, etc. ANYONE WHO ISN'T MARCO REUS, ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI AND MARIO GOTZE HAS MISSED A SIGNIGIFCANT PORTION OF THIS SEASON. None of them have made over 30 appearances yet.

You try and win the Bundesliga when half of your squad is injured.

1. Hummels and Bender have been injured for half of the season.Schmelzer, Subotic, Weidenfeller, etc. ANYONE WHO ISN'T MARCO REUS, ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI AND MARIO GOTZE HAS MISSED A SIGNIGIFCANT PORTION OF THIS SEASON. None of them have made over 30 appearances yet.

You try and win the Bundesliga when half of your squad is injured.

We already agreed that @Pr22 was right... :D

Because Navas is so different to those two players. Just up and down the right flank is his prerogative.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You