Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are our chances of winning the PL without reus? by what percentage does getting reus right now improve our those chances. keep in mind that this is a winter transfer. people take time to acclimitize. even the best players in the world take time.

how does that small percent improvement in chances in our winning the PL (for which we alreadr are the favourites), negate the total drop in our winning the CL cos we had to play salah against bayern munich cos of no depth in AM department.

Man utd in April of 2012 were 8 whoppping points clear of man city in the league with just 7 or 8 games to go and still lost the title. Liverpool Last season and Newcastle in 95 are another example of the danger of complacency and thinking you have the league wrapped up (even though we are only in November). I also saw Bayer leverkusen lose the Bundesliga title in 2002 despite being 5 points clear with just 3 games to go.

Signing Reus improves our chances of winning the league. Some utd fans said the same thing in 2012 that sining a midfielder in Jan can wait until the summer as the title was theirs so did Liverpool fans who got carried away with their attacking talents and incredible run of form last season that they failed to improve their defence by signing a quality defender before their game against us which signalled the begining of their title collapse although Brendan's naivety didn't help. Think we are running away with the league and have no need to improve where we can at your peril.

Man utd in April of 2012 were 8 whoppping points clear of man city in the league with just 7 or 8 games to go and still lost the title. Liverpool Last season and Newcastle in 95 are another example of the danger of complacency and thinking you have the league wrapped up (even though we are only in November). I also saw Bayer leverkusen lose the Bundesliga title in 2002 despite being 5 points clear with just 3 games to go.

Signing Reus improves our chances of winning the league. Some utd fans said the same thing in 2012 that sining a midfielder in Jan can wait until the summer as the title was theirs so did Liverpool fans who got carried away with their attacking talents and incredible run of form last season that they failed to improve their defence by signing a quality midfielder before their game against us which signalled the begining of their title collapse although Brendan's naivety didn't help. Think we are running away with the league and have no need to improve where we can at your peril.

and now tell me what signings city did last season? or united did in the season SAF left? or jose did in 2004-05 and 2005-06.

united had a glaring lack of midfielders. they had a good dm in carrick, an aging and close to retirement scholes, a flabby anderson, an injured fletcher and lord cleverly as their options. they continously played gigs thru the center. pool were and still playing gerrard as a DM. the examples u have given are for squads which CLEARLY and definitely lacked in quality in the said positions. how does having AMs like oscar, hazard, willian and schurrle with cesc and rambo who can put in a shift if required compare to having a right back like johnson, left back like flanagan and a CB like kolo toure.

these are all very different situations and scenarios dude. i dont know what happened to newcastle in 95 cos i was 3 years old then, but i the example of united and pool that u have given simply dont sit well with our conditions. the only reason we lose the PL this season is complacency. now, i am confident that we will win the league, maybe that can transcend into complacency on my part but knowing jose and his work ethic, i am pretty sure, he and the team will not be complacent until the league is done for sure.

and now tell me what signings city did last season? or united did in the season SAF left? or jose did in 2004-05 and 2005-06.

united had a glaring lack of midfielders. pool were and still playing gerrard as a DM. the examples u have given are for squads which CLEARLY and definitely lacked in quality in the said positions. how does having AMs like oscar, hazard, willian and schurrle with cesc and rambo who can put in a shift if required compare to having a right back like johnson, left back like flanagan and a CB like kolo toure.

these are all very different situations and scenarios dude. i dont know what happened to newcastle in 95 cos i was 3 years old then, but i the example of united and pool that u have given simply dont sit well with our conditions. the only reason we lose the PL this season is complacency. now, i am confident that we will win the league, maybe that can transcend into complacency on my part but knowing jose and his work ethic, i am pretty sure, he and the team will not be complacent until the league is done for sure.

So far the possible risk of having to field a weaker team that consist of Salah instead of Scurrle in the champions league (as if the German has been in scintillating form this season) is your only argument against seizing a golden opportunity at sigining a world class player to improve the team.

You are thinking the worst case scenario here that Willian,oscar and Ramires gets injured at the same time as that's the only way salah gets to start "against bayern and Madrid" in the UCL. Now since we are using worst case scenarios, what also stops Schurrle from missing the tie in the latter stages to injury/suspension as well?

We should sign Reus now as to ensure we don't rely on Schurrle and salah in the UCL against the big boys next season amongst other reasons. Think medium (the league and other cup comp minus UCL this season) to longterm (next season and beyond) as we did with Matic.

Reus is vastly superior to Oscar and Willian and at worst on par with Hazard (He's better imo). So what's wrong with improving the squad and signing a £60m player for just £19m. isn't the whole point of a competitive and ambitious team like ours to keep improving and gain competitive egde which Reus will give us?.

As for the pre agreement comment. Reus is a man in demand by all the other top clubs in the world, you can't be fooling around in such situation, when you have the chance to sign in, you make him put that pen to paper.

I think while didierforever has some good points, this is the key thing for me and the most important thing said in the current debate.

If we get a chance to sign a worldwide top 10 (top 20 at worst) player for a relatively TINY fee it has to be taken. Just get him signed.

Tbh the league is the most important thing this year for us. We won the CL in 2012 and that kind of completed the journey for us. Now we're starting anew with a young squad and should look to be building to becoming the best team in Europe AND winning the CL. I really don't mind too much about the CL this year and would rather we put more effort into getting a League-Domestic Cup double/triple. CL domination can come in the following years, and Reus would be a massive help in doing that.

So far the possible risk of having to field a weaker team that consist of Salah instead of Scurrle in the champions league (as if the German has been in scintillating form this season) is your only argument against seizing a golden opportunity at sigining a world class player to improve the team.

You are thinking the worst case scenario here that Willian,oscar and Ramires gets injured at the same time as that's the only way salah gets to start "against bayern and Madrid" in the UCL. Now since we are using worst case scenarios, what also stops Schurrle from missing the tie in the latter stages to injury/suspension as well?

We should sign Reus now as to ensure we don't rely on Schurrle and salah in the UCL against the big boys next season amongst other reasons.

huh?

lets suppose ONLY willian gets injured. oscar and rambo are fit as a fiddle.

our team

costa

hazard cesc oscar

matic rambo

bench - remy, salah. and this is with ONLY 1 player injured. not 3. we have nothing to change the game with. unless we want to rely on putting in a 36 year old DD and pinting balls up to him, which is exactly what we will HAVE to do. thats how thin we get without schurrle. god forbid if even one more player gets injured. and then there is FORM. cesc is notoriously known for going awol towards the end of the season. oscar has been poor in his both the seasons with us towards the end. we have no options in that case. no depth.

and my arguments are for delaying the acquisition of a world class player by 6 months, not agianst buying him. and thats a big difference.

huh?

our team

costa

hazard cesc oscar

matic rambo

bench - remy, salah. and this is with ONLY 1 player injured. not 3. we have nothing to change the game with. unless we want to rely on putting in a 36 year old DD and pinting balls up to him, which is exactly what we will HAVE to do. thats how thin we get without schurrle. god forbid if even one more player gets injured. and then there is FORM. cesc is notoriously known for going awol towards the end of the season. oscar has been poor in his both the seasons with us towards the end. we have no options in that case. no depth.

and my arguments are for delaying the acquisition of a world class player by 6 months, not agianst buying him. and thats a big difference.

In that case we use Mikel and Matic in midfield (it's a big game and we would likely go ultra defensive/park the bus anyway) which gives us the option of deploying Ramires on the wing. So you have Oscar, Ramires and Salah as RW options.

Real has Bale and Ronaldo. Wouldn't make sense for Reus to go there

Florentino Perez is known for making weird decisions. Our biggest competition for Marco Reus is Real Madrid.

They were given first refusal on Reus as part of the deal that saw Nuri Sahin return to Dortmund.

In that case we use Mikel and Matic in midfield (it's a big game and we would likely go ultra defensive/park the bus anyway) which gives us the option of deploying Ramires on the wing. So you have Oscar, Ramires and Salah as RW options.

psg, chasing the game at 3-1. U want to start with mikel, rambo and matic at the bridge? And if I remember correctly, at the bridge, we have started with 3 proper AMs against every time. So this park the bus jargon means nothing.

psg, chasing the game at 3-1. U want to start with mikel, rambo and matic at the bridge? And if I remember correctly, at the bridge, we have started with 3 proper AMs against every time. So this park the bus jargon means nothing.

In that scenario you introduce attacking players in search of goals and strikers are susally the most logical choice in such situation. we have 3 of them in Costa, Remy and Drogba. Remy can play as a left or right winger. He's very versatile.

Even if we have to play Cech in the double pivot and Shwarzer upfront. . . .just get Reus here Roman.

Florentino Perez is known for making weird decisions. Our biggest competition for Marco Reus is Real Madrid.

They were given first refusal on Reus as part of the deal that saw Nuri Sahin return to Dortmund.

Nobody believes that, right?

huh?

our team

costa

hazard cesc oscar

matic rambo

So with this hypothetical situation of Willian being injured... If we had the front 6 you suggested then our bench would be Cech, Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Salah, Remy, Drogba. That's a far better bench than any other team in the league have at full strength (minus Man City). And that's not including Ake, Baker, Solanke and Brown to come in who are all mid-table level currently.

We wouldn't be in THAT much of a better situation if we had Schurrle.

Although having him as a super sub is obviously beneficial, we shouldn't wait until the summer to sign Reus in case we lose him in the process.

There's risks with both methods. The risk of signing him in January is coming up short for players in the latter stages of the CL and possibly going out earlier because of that. The risk of not signing him in January is the chance to miss out on one of the top players in the world for a massively cut price (and worse, he might go to a league rival).

To me reward far outweighs the risk of signing him in January, and surely when put like that you must be inclined to agree?

Probably mentioned earlier, but in case Reus was signed in January, he could play in PL whilst we could afford to save Hazard, Willian or Oscar for the CL. If the title is decided on early stage, there is no reason not to give opportunities to other players like Salah and Ramires, or even Baker and Boga, especially in the home games against weaker opponents. Also giving playing time to Mikel, Ake or Loftus-Cheek in midfield would save Cesc and Matic for the CL campaign. Chelsea has an extremely strong and wide squad and losing Schurrle would therefore not be as a big of a problem as some of you make it to be.

Even if we have to play Cech in the double pivot and Shwarzer upfront. . . .just get Reus here Roman.

You should have started with that. Would have saved us a lot of time and discussion.

Also, you have to chase a 2 goal deficit and have 90 minutes, that neans simply putting in 2/3 strikers. I am out.

If you think Schurrle is going to be the reason that we win the CL or not, then you are so clueless. So buying Matic was also a mistake last january because he couldn't play in CL? Thank god you are not the manager of this team.

btw, I would rather have Ramires play as a RW against quality teams in CL than Schurrle, Schurrle is medicore in attack and horrible in defense. and also at this form, I would use salah before schurrle too, also Remy can play as a RW.

Schurrle ended up being a crucial part of Germany's WC win. Is it so far fetched to think he can step up for us when needed? He is the only winger we have ATM who naturally makes runs into goalscoring positions. He's been in a rut but every player has bad spells. He wasn't all that spectacular too at the start of last season but towards the end he was in very good form. Calling him mediocre in attack and horrible in defense is a huge stretch. If we're chasing a game I don't doubt he is the most likely to be subbed in. I'm against the idea of him being the one moved out simply because he is a very good weapon to have from the bench.

I'd want Reus too but I doubt Schurrle will be the one leaving, at least not in Jan. It's more likely we get him here at the expense of Salah.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You