Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

Playing Reus as a striker, seriously? That would be so not exploiting his abilities to its maximum potential. He's better off playing in one of the AMs position. And while he may suitable for counter attacks, think we already have enough players for that and it's been a problem for us relying on that approach. The issue now is most teams park the bus against us and counter attacks don't really work against these lots.

Have you ever seen him play? He has a natural drive for goal. He is more like a MS or second striker. he can direct the play, but usually stays in the middle. He has the pace, the skills and the shot to make goals out of nothing but is best playing off the shoulder. Due to his widespread abilities he can surely play in the AM position, but he would be brilliant as a striker.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever seen him play? He has a natural drive for goal. He is more like a MS or second striker. he can direct the play, but usually stays in the middle. He has the pace, the skills and the shot to make goals out of nothing but is best playing off the shoulder. Due to his widespread abilities he can surely play in the AM position, but he would be brilliant as a striker.

Yes and he's much better off playing as a AM where his abilities can be maximized as opposed to playing him as a striker. Reus maybe a direct player with an eye for goal but doesn't necessarily mean he can flourish in the latter role like he is now as an AM.

If Mata was to leave, Reus would be a brilliant addition.

LW: Schurrle, Hazard

CAM: Oscar, Willian

RW: Reus, one of Moses/Atsu to be backup.

Exactly what I had in my mind.If Jose does sell Mata then Reus would be a fantastic addition.

Oh joy. Another AM!

Seriously if we purchase yet another AM and not fix the more obvious problems in our squad like the pivot and strikers, the club really needs some smacking!!

Maybe the plan is to some day field a side like this:

Reus

Hazard - Mata - Willian

De Bruyne - Oscar

Schürrle - Atsu - Traore - Piazon

Cech

:Goober:

If Mata was to leave, Reus would be a brilliant addition.

LW: Schurrle, Hazard

CAM: Oscar, Willian

RW: Reus, one of Moses/Atsu to be backup.

Actually, Atsu is playing CM in a three-man midfield at Vitesse. And playing it very well I might add.

Actually, Atsu is playing CM in a three-man midfield at Vitesse. And playing it very well I might add.

Yes, but playing CM in a three-man midfield really doesn't matter much because the system at Chelsea has been 4-2-3-1 for a couple of years now and it doesn't look like changing anytime soon. I don't think Atsu is capable of playing in the pivot so that leaves only the three AM positions which are stacked at the moment.

Way too much talent for the AM positions currently at the club and some of them simply have to leave even if we're not signing anyone new. Players like Atsu, Piazon and Traore are going to have a very hard time making their way into the squad when even the likes of Mata and De Bruyne can't get in the team.

Yes, but playing CM in a three-man midfield really doesn't matter much because the system at Chelsea has been 4-2-3-1 for a couple of years now and it doesn't look like changing anytime soon. I don't think Atsu is capable of playing in the pivot so that leaves only the three AM positions which are stacked at the moment.

Way too much talent for the AM positions currently at the club and some of them simply have to leave even if we're not signing anyone new. Players like Atsu, Piazon and Traore are going to have a very hard time making their way into the squad when even the likes of Mata and De Bruyne can't get in the team.

Yes but if he's playing CM there then he is more likely to play in the pivot here than on the right wing especially that we're short on player at CM.

Marin on the bench again

Fuck, completely forgot about him. He could have been the goalkeeper.

Yes but if he's playing CM there then he is more likely to play in the pivot here than on the right wing especially that we're short on player at CM.

I don't think so. De Bruyne also played most of his games in a three-man midfield last season at Werder Bremen but now he can't get into the squad neither as an attacking midfielder nor as a central midfielder despite all our problems in the latter department. I see a lot of potential in KdB as a CM, even in a two man midfield, and I rate him much higher than Atsu but if he's not playing I really don't see Atsu making an impact any time soon either.

I don't think so. De Bruyne also played most of his games in a three-man midfield last season at Werder Bremen but now he can't get into the squad neither as an attacking midfielder nor as a central midfielder despite all our problems in the latter department. I see a lot of potential in KdB as a CM, even in a two man midfield, and I rate him much higher than Atsu but if he's not playing I really don't see Atsu making an impact any time soon either.

I don't see Atsu making it in the forseeable future, but I'm not the one who put him in that lineup! :P I was just pointing out that he's playing centrally and not on the wing.

• 4 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You