Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed Salah. Mohmmad Salah how can you forget him?!

i dint. thats why i capitalized "GOOD".

sorry if it disappoints you, but i dont want salah starting against RM/ATM/barca/bayern in a CL semi final cos one of hazard/oscar/willian were injured.

I disagree. Schurlle is a brilliant cover for hazard oscar and willian. Most importantly, he has a knack of scoring important and vital goals. Goals which can totally change the match.

Now, if we buy reus and give schurlle and any one of hazard, oscar or willian get injured, we are straight down to salah or rambo on the wings. Thats a massive step down, in my opinion.

We are not. We have Fabregas that can play in the number 10 position. If Willian gets injured we can play with:

Matic Ramires

Oscar Fabregas Hazard

And we still have Salah. We still have Remy too that aparently can play there.

Whatever it takes to bring Reus here, it will worth it imo. Just like Jose bring Matic here last season, we still got into semis. And don't forget actually we just have 4 pure AM in CL too last season, after we offload Mata and Kdb. Also hey, Ramires and Remy could be our backup wingers.

I disagree. Schurlle is a brilliant cover for hazard oscar and willian. Most importantly, he has a knack of scoring important and vital goals. Goals which can totally change the match.

Now, if we buy reus and give schurlle and any one of hazard, oscar or willian get injured, we are straight down to salah or rambo on the wings. Thats a massive step down, in my opinion.

Yes this is a valid concern. As I said, Schurrle is valuable but I still think the swap, if it happened in January, would make sense.

Loosing Hazard, even with Schurrle in our squad, would be a hammer blow to our chances but having to replace any of our other AMs with Salah, Rami or Fabregas (someone else slots next to Matic) is more manageable in my opinion. When we bear in mind that Jose would quite probably select Rami ahead of other players for a few of the possible knock-out ties anyway, I still believe that weakening our group of AMs for the CL squad is a risk worth taking. To get Marco Reus, I'd take that risk all day. I know that not everyone shares my priorities but, if I'm offered a trade where we improve our chance of winning the PL in exchange for giving up on the CL, I would do it. Without hesitation. The honour of claiming the domestic title dwarfs that of regaining the European prize in my eyes.

I can't convince myself to believe that BVB might part with Reus in January but if they would then I say yes please. Even if it meant losing Andre Schurrle.

I must be the only one here who has moved from an automatic YES vote to sitting on the fence.

Adding Reus would be over kill sort of... I can see the need for him in the Champions league latter stages but he's cup tied. We could be out of sight come January in the Prem and adding a talent like Reus would almost assure we will run away with the league.

I do want Chelsea to be the mosr dominating force in Europe, however, I would rather the Prem not resemble the German league in the process. I love the competition and would like it to stay a competition.

Chelsea are obviously already huge favourites to grab the best talent in the world mainly due to location and money. If we can't even see a competitive top 4 this league will be dead...

having said that I wouldn't hate it if we got Reus...

I can't believe there is a chelsea fan who doesn't want this team to improve(signing Reus) and be dominant force for league competitiveness. He must have hated his life if he was supporting ManUtd, Liverpool back in old days, Real Madrid, Barca, or Munich. Fuck the competitiveness, Chelsea compete against Real and Bayern and I don't give a damn Chelsea winning 5 league titles in a row and build a freaking dynasty - Chicago Bulls style. Every single one of big teams had their moment in history and how can Cheslea fan hate this team to build a dynasty? Competitive my ass.

I want Chelsea to win every single remaining game and win treble, quadruple, quinteple, sextuple, and more every freaking season. Know it is not realistic but if there is an opportunity to improve the team, heck, go for it.

What people are forgetting about is this.

1. Reus' buyout clause will activate 2015 summer, it is NOT January 2015.

2. When summer comes, Bayern will lure Reus.

3. Dortmund doesn't want that happening.

4. Dortmund wants Andre as a replacement for Reus.

If we wait until summer, we will never get Reus. Our only chance will be this winter market, and it is Dortmund's only choice if they want to offload Reus abroad.

Once buyout clause activates next summer, Dortmund has no right where Reus will go to.

If we somehow make swap deal while adding some cash, it will lower our chance in CL just a little bit but will upgrade this team in remaining domestic matches plus will put this team in Real & Bayern level for next 5 years or so. Some people never rate Salah but he is pacey dribbler who can be deadly in counter attack game while contributing a lot in defense. He can be meaningful sub in CL games when given chance and he has shown his ability in European matches in last few seasons as well.

What people are forgetting about is this.

1. Reus' buyout clause will activate 2015 summer, it is NOT January 2015.

2. When summer comes, Bayern will lure Reus.

3. Dortmund doesn't want that happening.

4. Dortmund wants Andre as a replacement for Reus.

If we wait until summer, we will never get Reus. Our only chance will be this winter market, and it is Dortmund's only choice if they want to offload Reus abroad.

Once buyout clause activates next summer, Dortmund has no right where Reus will go to.

If we somehow make swap deal while adding some cash, it will lower our chance in CL just a little bit but will upgrade this team in remaining domestic matches plus will put this team in Real & Bayern level for next 5 years or so. Some people never rate Salah but he is pacey dribbler who can be deadly in counter attack game while contributing a lot in defense. He can be meaningful sub in CL games when given chance and he has shown his ability in European matches in last few seasons as well.

I feel that indeed this fact might be enough to turn this transfer into our way. We have the advantage of having the player Dortmund (assumed) want and deal like €10M-15M + Schurrle would still be a bargain. Bargain relatively speaking though, as Schurrle's current market value is around €30M and that extra cash added would make this the second most expensive transfer in club's history. But Chelsea FC can afford it, and it is a step worth taking!

I fancy Dortmund would prefer this kind of transfer as well, as the other option is to let Reus join their rivals for only 20M. And Schurrle as a replacement would therefore cost more than what Reus' buy-out clause is.

Somehow I'm wishing that Dortmund realize they couldn't buy Schurrle because the player want to stay. They looking for alternative replacement, but still want to sell Reus in January. We bid around 26m-30m, and they accept it. We then loan Salah for 6 months to them for free. We have Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle and Reus :halo:

Too good to be true, but actually I believe at some point Dortmund will want to sold Reus if the price is good.

oh really? so me caring about our Champions league campaign this season is a terrible statement!!! i see!!!

well unfortunately, we can get reus in the summer too, but a chance to do a quadruple or a chance to win the league and champions league double does not come every year and that is exactly what we could be aiming for. i expect the league to be a formality by feb/march which will give us the time to rest our key players for CL matches, something to definitely dont expect every year, do you.

so as i see it, CL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>reus!!

as for schurrle scoring an important goal, he did that against city at etihad,

You're making the unrealistic assumption that Willian is going to be injured for Champions League which is pretty ridiculous considering how durable and fit Willian is. Another thing is usually in big games against stronger opposition we play three at the front (Oscar, Costa and Hazard) and Ramires goes into the midfield with Willian and Schurrle both used as subs. Not only that against Liverpool Ramires started as the attacking midfielder and he is more than capable of playing in that position.

I'm too lazy to find it but I think whoever suggested that if we signed him in a swap deal (Schurrle + cash for him) and then both players got loaned back to their respective clubs is on to a winner I think. That way BVB have been able to choose who to sell to (as the release clause isn't in effect yet) rather than letting Bayern have even a chance of luring Reus to their club but they also get to keep him until the end of the season (especially useful for their CL campaign). Not a problem for us either as we keep Schurrle as back up for our CL campaign also and know that we have a massive upgrade in Reus coming imminently.

That way the transfer is finalised well before it happens, so both teams can begin to prepare for life with/without their respective players. Could very much see this happening.

You're making the unrealistic assumption that Willian is going to be injured for Champions League which is pretty ridiculous considering how durable and fit Willian is. Another thing is usually in big games against stronger opposition we play three at the front (Oscar, Costa and Hazard) and Ramires goes into the midfield with Willian and Schurrle both used as subs. Not only that against Liverpool Ramires started as the attacking midfielder and he is more than capable of playing in that position.

We plau 3 at the front away from home. At home, we play with 4 in the front.

Also my assumption is not that willian will get injured but that any of the 3 (willian/hazard/oscqr) might get injured. So tell me what exactly had happened against PSG last year? That's right, hazard got injured, we were chasing a 3-1 deficit and needed quality upfront which schurrle and his goal provided. So u see, its really not that unrealistic. Infact, the scenario has already happened.

Also, rambo is used as a RW when we need to be conservative. He is not used as an out an out attacking midfielder. He is not an opt option in the case we are chasing a gane.

Also my assumption is not that willian will get injured but that any of the 3 (willian/hazard/oscqr) might get injured. So tell me what exactly had happened against PSG last year? That's right, hazard got injured, we were chasing a 3-1 deficit and needed quality upfront which schurrle and his goal provided. So u see, its really not that unrealistic. Infact, the scenario has already happened.

Also, rambo is used as a RW when we need to be conservative. He is not used as an out an out attacking midfielder. He is not an opt option in the case we are chasing a gane.

If you think Schurrle is going to be the reason that we win the CL or not, then you are so clueless. So buying Matic was also a mistake last january because he couldn't play in CL? Thank god you are not the manager of this team.

btw, I would rather have Ramires play as a RW against quality teams in CL than Schurrle, Schurrle is medicore in attack and horrible in defense. and also at this form, I would use salah before schurrle too, also Remy can play as a RW.

If you think Schurrle is going to be the reason that we win the CL or not, then you are so clueless. So buying Matic was also a mistake last january because he couldn't play in CL? Thank god you are not the manager of this team.

btw, I would rather have Ramires play as a RW against quality teams in CL than Schurrle, Schurrle is medicore in attack and horrible in defense. and also at this form, I would use salah before schurrle too, also Remy can play as a RW.

are u having some problem understanding english? its very simple?

first of all, schurrle is a very good player. the only reason people are jumping on his back are cos he has been in a rut. the schurrle which played for germany in world cup is a quality player. something which you obviously dont think so,, so that tells me something about u. and the fact that u would use salah before schurrle. :lol: :lol: :lol: thats just hilarious.

also, us buying matic had nothing to do with our CL campaign. matic was a player who was brought to strengthen the overall team and be the spine of the team in coming years, which is proving to be the difference. who did we sell to buy an matic, essien? u think essien would have made ANY difference to our CL campaign last year.

the fact that you equated the matic acquisition to the reus-schurrle situation tells me that u r absolutely clueless and have next to no clue of what i am even saying.

lastly "btw, I would rather have Ramires play as a RW against quality teams in CL than Schurrle, Schurrle is medicore in attack and horrible in defense. and also at this form, I would use salah before schurrle too, also Remy can play as a RW." sure dude. i mean ya... great. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Uhh yeah and do you think we're not going to be conservative if we play against the likes of Madrid and Bayern Munich?

If Oscar gets injured...

----Rambo-Matic

Willian-Fabregas-Hazard

---------Costa

If Willian gets injured...

----Matic-Fabregas

Ramires-Oscar-Hazard

----------Costa

Or...

Ramires-Matic-Fabregas

--Oscar--Costa--Hazard

If Hazard gets injured...

Ramires-Matic-Fabregas

Willian-Costa-Oscar

You actually think we're dependent on Andre Schurrle for a CL challenge lol. Wake up to yourself. Oh yeah, we also have Remy (a more than capable striker who filled an attacking midfielder role a couple of times last season @ Newcastle) and Salah (scored twice against us in CL including a goal at Stamford Bridge against arguably the best defence in the league). And I bet if Schurrle stays with us he will barely get game time against the likes of Barcelona and Madrid.

Uhh yeah and do you think we're not going to be conservative if we play against the likes of Madrid and Bayern Munich?

If Oscar gets injured...

----Rambo-Matic

Willian-Fabregas-Hazard

---------Costa

If Willian gets injured...

----Matic-Fabregas

Ramires-Oscar-Hazard

----------Costa

Or...

Ramires-Matic-Fabregas

--Oscar--Costa--Hazard

If Hazard gets injured...

Ramires-Matic-Fabregas

Willian-Costa-Oscar

You actually think we're dependent on Andre Schurrle for a CL challenge lol. Wake up to yourself. Oh yeah, we also have Remy (a more than capable striker who filled an attacking midfielder role a couple of times last season @ Newcastle) and Salah (scored twice against us in CL including a goal at Stamford Bridge against arguably the best defence in the league). And I bet if Schurrle stays with us he will barely get game time against the likes of Barcelona and Madrid.

tell me what salah has done playing FOR us rather than against us. ultimately, we are down to makeshift RW in rambo and remy with absolutely no bench strength against teams like RM and bayern (oh wait, u think salah is the egyptian messi, :rolleyes: ). also, schurrle started in the super cup match against bayern and played wonderfully. schurrle played a massive role against PSG, so ya, i definitely see schurrle being used against the like of madrid and barca.

also, in all those cases, our bench options are remy and salah, against the likes of madrid, bayern etc etc... very ideal. i would love the scenario of us needing a goal at stamford bridge, and bringing in salah, would fill me with so much confidence.

also in all these scenarios, we have 4 constant players (costa, rambo, matic, cesc) with no leeway whatsoever in that. last season during the QFs and SFs, we had etoo injured, hazard injured, oscar in a rut. yet we are willing to sacrifice schurrle and go into the main phase of CL.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You