Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

That's my gripe with the story. Jose I think has vested something in Andre, I think he will give him time.

I'm not sure that's Jose's style, I think he'll review his opinions when required. For example, he all but promised Chalobah a place in the squad this season but had the good sense not to be trapped by those injudicious comments and sent the young man back out on loan instead. In any case, Jose only rubber-stamped the deal for Schurrle, he didn't initiate it, so maybe he isn't all that invested in Andre anyway.

I like Andre. If the role of squad player would satisfy him he'd be a great man to have around, but I suspect it wouldn't satisfy him and I also suspect that Jose cannot offer him more than that. Therefore, if this swap really does interest BVB, I'd expect it to interest Schurrle also.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly Arsenal were 9 points above City this time last year. This season is far from over. Write off Manchester City at your own peril. They still have arguably the best squad in the Premier League, we're just more balanced, more in form and better managed. Not only that they bullied us at Etihad and were quite clearly the better side. We couldn't retain possession and our 'world-class' players couldn't handle their presence and physicality. They are a formiddable outfit on paper and there was a stage last season where no one could get within four goals of them for a period of about 6 weeks. They were dubbed as the strongest Premier League side in history by TalkSport and the competition was becoming 'unfair' because of their utter domination. A week later we went to Etihad and knocked them off and it derailed their season somewhat. All it will take is for us to lose an easy game or draw a couple and they're right back in it. Two bad weeks of football could make the start of our season a distant memory. There is still a long way to go until we've bagged this title.

Also the signing of Reus will not make us invincible. It will assist us in the premiership and furthermore Europe, but it will no way in hell create a gap similar to the Bundesliga or Ligue 1. Manchester United will spend another 150 million quid next transfer window and will keep buying world class players until their title window opens up again. They can afford to do that and FIFA will want them to become successful again because they simply generate the highest revenue in the Premier League when they're up. Manchester City already have a strong squad and are by no means short on cash. They can afford to tweak their squad over the summer as well and will be up there yet again. Arsenal have shown the past two years they have the power and money to draw in elite players and with a bit of luck with injuries they will challenge on all fronts. I don't rate Liverpool that highly at the moment but their young players are undeniably talented and if they all stick together who knows what shit they could pull out of their ass. On top of that they have a proud history and that in itself will attract world class players. Then there is Everton, Tottenham and Southampton who are always going to be there abouts - bridging the gap between the strongest clubs and the not so strong. The Premier League is a solid system. The amount of history and money in the biggest five clubs will ensure that no one club can break away from the rest, not for a substantial amount of time anyway. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich will ensure that if one club gets too strong it will lose some of their players eventually. It's the circle of life in football. We need to grab Reus while we can and run away with it because we are not as far ahead as you may think.

Nowhere did I say the title race is over. You keep talking about City like we have to play them every week, we don't, Its about the league itself and I don't see a need to add Reus just because he may be available.

This has more to do with keeping the playing field competitive, by January there stands to be a good chance we're out of sight so why are we looking to buy another player of World Class talent? if the summer comes and a need opens up then we can look to buy him but at current its just a luxury buy or a high stakes game of keep away.

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you guys about this, I can understand why you would want Reus he's a fantastic player for cheap. I opened by saying I know I'm likely the only one who would rather we develop our own players and if a need arises then go into the market. We're undefeated, coming off the back of a year we finished 4 pts from the title and in the semis of the Champions League. We signed Remy, Costa, Drogba Fab, Luis, Zouma, Salah and Matic. We are already a much better team than the team that came so close last year.

This isn't cocky, we have the only real Premier League manager who knows how to win, that already puts so many teams at a disadvantage. What I'd like to see happen is for the market to stay competitive and reasonable. That's all.

Can't believe some would genuinely say no to Reus at £19m because they're scared for the PL... Incredible.

I wouldn't even say we're that dominant. Not our fault City keep slipping against teams they should be beating. United will be back next season with smart spending - Arsenal are still in the mix of they sort a few things out...

You seriously can't rest on your laurels because you're on top. That's how decline starts.

I absloutely have no sympathy for any EPL sides. In fact the EPL has declined, mainly due to lack of a great side or sides. As we all remember when Roman bought Chelsea, we won 2 straight titles. It forced and challanged Liverpool, Arsenal, and United to be great and overthrow us from the top. In that period EPL became the best league in the world, and would have reguarly two to three sides with legit shot at CL and at the very least would go very far in the tournement. In recent years, we are the only club that actually is a threat in the European stage. The PL have become complacent due to the drop off at the very top, it lacks a dominent side.

Obviously another reason for the league complacent is due to money, this league is too rich for its own good. The product on the pitch does not match the increase of revenues of this league. PL is a marketing monster.

It is quite amazing that Atletico Madrid and Dortmund have a lower revenues stream then mid table teams in the PL. So i don't feel sorry for the rest of the PL clubs either, they can compete too but they need to be creative. Prime example is Southampton, look what they have done after the fire sale they had in the summer. How many other clubs would have hired someone like Koeman and the signing they made. Most PL sides keep hiring the same crap managers like Steve Bruce, Big Sam, Warnock, etc. They are doing nothing good with the money, just doing the same old uncreative shit.

Sorry for going off topic, but saying we shouldn't sign Reus because it would make the league uncompetitve is a pretty bad argument.

so when are we looking to buy him? this winter?

cos that would mean sacrificing our CL ambitions.

Only if we think that Andre Schurrle's role in the CL squad can't be covered by a combination of our existing players. I think Andre is valuable but I'm not sure that his loss would deal a death blow to our CL chances. I'd say that with Andre we are in the second tier of CL teams behind the mega sides of Munich, and Madrid. Without him, I'd guess that we'd be in pretty much the same tier.

Surely Dortmund will want to replace Reus if he leave, and doesn't want to sell if they havenot found his replacement. What make us in advantage position, besides money, manager, etc, is that we have Schurrle who they want. Others don't. So, this is what makes me think, this deal could happening. I couldn't see Reus and Dortmund has another better option than us.

Only if we think that Andre Schurrle's role in the CL squad can't be covered by a combination of our existing players. I think Andre is valuable but I'm not sure that his loss would deal a death blow to our CL chances. I'd say that with Andre we are in the second tier of CL teams behind the mega sides of Munich, and Madrid. Without him, I'd guess that we'd be in pretty much the same tier.

I disagree. Schurlle is a brilliant cover for hazard oscar and willian. Most importantly, he has a knack of scoring important and vital goals. Goals which can totally change the match.

Now, if we buy reus and give schurlle and any one of hazard, oscar or willian get injured, we are straight down to salah or rambo on the wings. Thats a massive step down, in my opinion.

I disagree. Schurlle is a brilliant cover for hazard oscar and willian. Most importantly, he has a knack of scoring important and vital goals. Goals which can totally change the match.

Now, if we buy reus and give schurlle and any one of hazard, oscar or willian get injured, we are straight down to salah or rambo on the wings. Thats a massive step down, in my opinion.

How does it make a difference? We don't play Hazard, Oscar, William and Schurlle at the same time - one of them is backup. Is Reus came and Schurlle left, our backup would probably be Willian instead of Schurlle.

How does it make a difference? We don't play Hazard, Oscar, William and Schurlle at the same time - one of them is backup. Is Reus came and Schurlle left, our backup would probably be Willian instead of Schurlle.

reus will be CUP tied. unavailable for CL if we get him. so we literally will have only oscar, hazard and willian with no backups. or atleast no GOOD backups.

What a terrible statement. when was the last time Schurrle scored an important goal?

If we get Reus, he will be the starter and Willian will be the backup who is a massive upgrade over Schurrle. I don't care about CL at all if we can get Reus. I would be more than happy if we win the league and FA Cup this season.

Reus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schurrle

What a terrible statement. when was the last time Schurrle scored an important goal?

If we get Reus, he will be the starter and Willian will be the backup who is a massive upgrade over Schurrle. I don't care about CL at all if we can get Reus. I would be more than happy if we win the league and FA Cup this season.

Reus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schurrle

oh really? so me caring about our Champions league campaign this season is a terrible statement!!! i see!!!

well unfortunately, we can get reus in the summer too, but a chance to do a quadruple or a chance to win the league and champions league double does not come every year and that is exactly what we could be aiming for. i expect the league to be a formality by feb/march which will give us the time to rest our key players for CL matches, something to definitely dont expect every year, do you.

so as i see it, CL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>reus!!

as for schurrle scoring an important goal, he did that against city at etihad,

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You