Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should definitely look to secure this deal. If w could switch Schurrle for Reus all the better.

Sadly Schurrle still hasn't convinced me even though he had some good games, so I wouldn't be heartbroken of he left, besides Dortmund would be a great place for him.

Reus on the other hand seems to be a player who is simply better mentally and is generally a player of higher calibre.

Honestly, I feel we will sign him, I can't see any other dangerous and world class winger / amf being available in the next year, so I'm pretty sure we will try to sign him.

Go for it Chelsea!

If Mourniho really wants him, I'm sure he'll get his man. A single call from Jose will do ... but I'm not sure if he's given up on Andre yet

That's my gripe with the story. Jose I think has vested something in Andre, I think he will give him time.

Barca's most dominant run was after they got Villa, not before.

Hate to break it to you but Schurrle has already scored important goals, wasn't it he who scored against City? We have 3 world class players already Cesc, Hazard and Costa...

You say that everyone can compete but we're 8pts ahead of City at the beginning of November.

If I recall correctly Arsenal were 9 points above City this time last year. This season is far from over. Write off Manchester City at your own peril. They still have arguably the best squad in the Premier League, we're just more balanced, more in form and better managed. Not only that they bullied us at Etihad and were quite clearly the better side. We couldn't retain possession and our 'world-class' players couldn't handle their presence and physicality. They are a formiddable outfit on paper and there was a stage last season where no one could get within four goals of them for a period of about 6 weeks. They were dubbed as the strongest Premier League side in history by TalkSport and the competition was becoming 'unfair' because of their utter domination. A week later we went to Etihad and knocked them off and it derailed their season somewhat. All it will take is for us to lose an easy game or draw a couple and they're right back in it. Two bad weeks of football could make the start of our season a distant memory. There is still a long way to go until we've bagged this title.

Also the signing of Reus will not make us invincible. It will assist us in the premiership and furthermore Europe, but it will no way in hell create a gap similar to the Bundesliga or Ligue 1. Manchester United will spend another 150 million quid next transfer window and will keep buying world class players until their title window opens up again. They can afford to do that and FIFA will want them to become successful again because they simply generate the highest revenue in the Premier League when they're up. Manchester City already have a strong squad and are by no means short on cash. They can afford to tweak their squad over the summer as well and will be up there yet again. Arsenal have shown the past two years they have the power and money to draw in elite players and with a bit of luck with injuries they will challenge on all fronts. I don't rate Liverpool that highly at the moment but their young players are undeniably talented and if they all stick together who knows what shit they could pull out of their ass. On top of that they have a proud history and that in itself will attract world class players. Then there is Everton, Tottenham and Southampton who are always going to be there abouts - bridging the gap between the strongest clubs and the not so strong. The Premier League is a solid system. The amount of history and money in the biggest five clubs will ensure that no one club can break away from the rest, not for a substantial amount of time anyway. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich will ensure that if one club gets too strong it will lose some of their players eventually. It's the circle of life in football. We need to grab Reus while we can and run away with it because we are not as far ahead as you may think.

If I recall correctly Arsenal were 9 points above City this time last year. This season is far from over. Write off Manchester City at your own peril. They still have arguably the best squad in the Premier League, we're just more balanced, more in form and better managed. Not only that they bullied us at Etihad and were quite clearly the better side. We couldn't retain possession and our 'world-class' players couldn't handle their presence and physicality. They are a formiddable outfit on paper and there was a stage last season where no one could get within four goals of them for a period of about 6 weeks. They were dubbed as the strongest Premier League side in history by TalkSport and the competition was becoming 'unfair' because of their utter domination. A week later we went to Etihad and knocked them off and it derailed their season somewhat. All it will take is for us to lose an easy game or draw a couple and they're right back in it. Two bad weeks of football could make the start of our season a distant memory. There is still a long way to go until we've bagged this title.

Also the signing of Reus will not make us invincible. It will assist us in the premiership and furthermore Europe, but it will no way in hell create a gap similar to the Bundesliga or Ligue 1. Manchester United will spend another 150 million quid next transfer window and will keep buying world class players until their title window opens up again. They can afford to do that and FIFA will want them to become successful again because they simply generate the highest revenue in the Premier League when they're up. Manchester City already have a strong squad and are by no means short on cash. They can afford to tweak their squad over the summer as well and will be up there yet again. Arsenal have shown the past two years they have the power and money to draw in elite players and with a bit of luck with injuries they will challenge on all fronts. I don't rate Liverpool that highly at the moment but their young players are undeniably talented and if they all stick together who knows what shit they could pull out of their ass. On top of that they have a proud history and that in itself will attract world class players. Then there is Everton, Tottenham and Southampton who are always going to be there abouts - bridging the gap between the strongest clubs and the not so strong. The Premier League is a solid system. The amount of history and money in the biggest five clubs will ensure that no one club can break away from the rest, not for a substantial amount of time anyway. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich will ensure that if one club gets too strong it will lose some of their players eventually. It's the circle of life in football. We need to grab Reus while we can and run away with it because we are not as far ahead as you may think.

Big thumbs up

Can't believe some would genuinely say no to Reus at £19m because they're scared for the PL... Incredible.

I wouldn't even say we're that dominant. Not our fault City keep slipping against teams they should be beating. United will be back next season with smart spending - Arsenal are still in the mix of they sort a few things out...

You seriously can't rest on your laurels because you're on top. That's how decline starts.

Umm, I think we should compare the players on the same positions only. How we could compare a left back with a winger or a striker? it's like I'm saying something like Neueur better than Neymar..

So how do we know that Ronaldo/Messi are the two best players in the world. What's the point of Ballon dor then since according to you there's no way of knowing messi is a better footballer than Kompany for example.

You can compare players who play different positions imo, there's a thing called output and consistency factoring in talent level, consistency and reliability, impact etc i,.e is defender A better at defending than attacker B is at attacking?. if your answer is yes then defender A is the better player because he does his primary job better than the attacker in question is at attacking.

For example, I doubt anyone with a fully functioning brain would disagree that Cech is a better player than Marko marin. why, because Cech is a proven world class GK while the German is just bang average and mediocre as an attacker.

So how do we know that Ronaldo/Messi are the two best players in the world. What's the point of Ballon dor then since according to you there's no way of knowing messi is a better footballer than Kompany for example.

You can compare players who play different positions imo, there's a thing called output and consistency factoring in talent level, consistency and reliability, impact etc i,.e is that defender better at defending than Neymar is at attacking?. if your answer is yes then that defender is the better player because he does his primary job better than the attacker in question carries out his own primary objectives and al round game.

I doubt anyone with a fully functioning brain would disagree that Cech is a better player than Marko marin for example why because Cech is a proven world class GK while the German is just bang average and mediocre at his job.

well if you believe in the saying that "a good offense beats a good defense any day", then I would say Ronaldo is better than Neur. Also you have to consider how important the position is: would you rather have the best GK or the best CF?

well if you believe in the saying that "a good offense beats a good defense any day", then I would say Ronaldo is better than Neur. Also you have to consider how important the position is: would you rather have the best GK or the best CF?

I agree that fans in general have the tendency to favour attackers over defenders however the reason why I don't think Neuer is better than Ronaldo (I can only speak for myself anyway) is because the Portuguese performs at a higher level and on a more consistent basis than the German. Now if the comparison was between Dino Zoff/Schmeicel/Khan/Buffoon (prime) and Ronaldo then it becomes far more interesting debate.

As for what position is more important, that depends on the tactics and philosophy of the team. for an attacking and creative team, the best GK/defender is more beneficial see Arsenal while a team that's built on defence and struggles to create chances and break down opposition defence would benefit more from the best CF/attacker.

With that said, I still firmly believe players from different positions can be compared with objective criteria : the level and consistency of their performances. It's not rocket science to deduce that Neuer performs at a higher level than Balotelli, is it? unless you want to make it more complicated than it actually is.

You can compare players who play different positions imo, there's a thing called output and consistency factoring in talent level, consistency and reliability, impact etc i,.e is that defender better at defending than Neymar is at attacking?. if your answer is yes then that defender is the better player because he does his primary job better than the attacker in question carries out his own primary objectives and al round game.

I doubt anyone with a fully functioning brain would disagree that Cech is a better player than Marko marin for example. why because Cech is a proven world class GK while the German is just bang average and mediocre as an attacker.

Ballon d or has their own criteria to decide who is the best player, by comparing every player in every position by stats with performance index or something.

What I mean is in here, especially in this Reus thread case, I just want to see player in the same position as Reus as a comparison, because then we could compare their stats, style of play, performance and so on in fair condition.

If we trying to compare players with different position, most part will come out from personal opinion. For example, if I have a mindset that Reus is the best player, I could say he is better than Alaba, Cahill, Terry, Neueur, James, Neymar, Oscar, etc. But then people will disagree with me, and will have their own opinion, for example they think Alaba is the best player, Terry their best player and so on.

That will be pointless discussion imo, cause it never reach one point, and no proof.

Can't believe some would genuinely say no to Reus at £19m because they're scared for the PL... Incredible.

I wouldn't even say we're that dominant. Not our fault City keep slipping against teams they should be beating. United will be back next season with smart spending - Arsenal are still in the mix of they sort a few things out...

You seriously can't rest on your laurels because you're on top. That's how decline starts.

Ballon d or has their own criteria to decide who is the best player, by comparing every player in every position by stats with performance index or something.

What I mean is in here, especially in this Reus thread case, I just want to see player in the same position as Reus as a comparison, because then we could compare their stats, style of play, performance and so on in fair condition.

If we trying to compare players with different position, most part will come out from personal opinion. For example, if I have a mindset that Reus is the best player, I could say he is better than Alaba, Cahill, Terry, Neueur, James, Neymar, Oscar, etc. But then people will disagree with me, and will have their own opinion, for example they think Alaba is the best player, Terry their best player and so on.

That will be pointless discussion imo, cause it never reach one point, and no proof.

Ok fair enough.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You