Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

reus-fine-.jpg

Cannot believe there is no thread for Marco Reus.... :blink:

I think he is exactly what we need down the right, hes not an attacking midfielder, his pace is crazy, every time I've seen him play hes constantly a threat especially since Dortmund play on the counter a lot.

Hes similar to Moses; very direct, can play both flanks/upfront, tracks back a lot.

He scored a goal vs Leverkusen at the weekend which was his 8th Bundesliga goal of the season. He also has got 8 assists so far too.

He has great finishing in general, from long or short. Crossing is also quite good along with his ability to pick his team mates out when they are in better positions with through balls.

Only problem is Dortmund look set for a top 3 finish at least so he might not want to come here depending on where we finish and they finish. But I reckon we could tempt them with a bid of €25-30 million tbh. Still I hope we can bid for him, he'd give us a great option down the right/left or upfront, hes one of the best players in the Bundesliga by a mile. Also worth taking a look at Patrick Hermann, good talented player in the Bundesliga, only 22 as well. Maybe needs a bit more time before considering him though. Reus looks ready for the PL, incredible player.

Oh yeah we were apparently linked with him in 2011 or 2012 before he agreed a deal back to Dortmund, as were Arsenal. Maybe we could even use Marin as a sweetner in the deal?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not going anywhere. By paying about 20m for him Dortmund showed that they have a big picture plan in mind to become a force in Europe again. And tbh, it is quite an interesting project. They've got a winning formula, a great coach, bright prospects and role players who get their jobs done and they're playing in the Bundesliga, a top-3 league in the world.

Personally I don't see any of Dortmund's superstars moving in the next couple of years.

He's not going anywhere. By paying about 20m for him Dortmund showed that they have a big picture plan in mind to become a force in Europe again. And tbh, it is quite an interesting project. They've got a winning formula, a great coach, bright prospects and role players who get their jobs done and they're playing in the Bundesliga, a top-3 league in the world.

Thats the only problem. He'd be immense here though. No doubt about it :D

Personally I don't see any of Dortmund's superstars moving in the next couple of years.

Brilliant post but looks increasingly likely that they will lose Lewandowski in the summer.

Cannot believe there is no thread for Marco Reus.... :blink:

I think he is exactly what we need down the right, hes not an attacking midfielder, his pace is crazy, every time I've seen him play hes constantly a threat especially since Dortmund play on the counter a lot.

Hes similar to Moses; very direct, can play both flanks/upfront, tracks back a lot.

He scored a goal vs Leverkusen at the weekend which was his 8th Bundesliga goal of the season. He also has got 8 assists so far too.

He has great finishing in general, from long or short. Crossing is also quite good along with his ability to pick his team mates out when they are in better positions with through balls.

Only problem is Dortmund look set for a top 3 finish at least so he might not want to come here depending on where we finish and they finish. But I reckon we could tempt them with a bid of €25-30 million tbh. Still I hope we can bid for him, he'd give us a great option down the right/left or upfront, hes one of the best players in the Bundesliga by a mile. Also worth taking a look at Patrick Hermann, good talented player in the Bundesliga, only 22 as well. Maybe needs a bit more time before considering him though. Reus looks ready for the PL, incredible player.

Oh yeah we were apparently linked with him in 2011 or 2012 before he agreed a deal back to Dortmund, as were Arsenal. Maybe we could even use Marin as a sweetner in the deal?

He rejected BAYERN to go to dortmund, I don't see him going anywhere

Brilliant post but looks increasingly likely that they will lose Lewandowski in the summer.

He's out of contract so it's up to him. I think Dortmund is the best place for him, but he might decide he'd rather be elsewhere. What's so incredible about Dortmund is that not only do they have amazing talent, is that their talent is almost all very young. Goetze is one of the best players in the Bundesliga at 20. Reus, Lewondowski, Hummels, Subotic,Gundogen, and Bender are all 22-24 years old. Still, Bayern just spends so much more money than other clubs, it will be hard for anyone in the Bundesliga to keep up with them.

If Borussia keeps all players, they will be ahead of Bayern in two years.

They have brilliant coach, team of class players on every position, players love club, infrastrucure of Borussia is amazing; board decisions, scouting, youth academy, playing style, stadium, fans, financial positive and some great results recently. Simply a club that deserves all respect in all looks.

They even brought Sahin back who might get his form back.

If Borussia keeps all players, they will be ahead of Bayern in two years.

They have brilliant coach, team of class players on every position, players love club, infrastrucure of Borussia is amazing; board decisions, scouting, youth academy, playing style, stadium, fans, financial positive and some great results recently. Simply a club that deserves all respect in all looks.

They even brought Sahin back who might get his form back.

I highly doubt that. Some of Bayern key players are probably in the late 20s but they also have so many good young players. Tony kross,javi martinez,muller ,etc

I remember at the end of last season when Dortmund won their league and someone suggested we raid them for Gotze, Lewandowski, Kagawa, Hummels etc.

It's quite an ignorant way of looking at things to be honest. Dortmund have built themselves a great team and are a top team which should be respected. Saying we should go for an important player like Reus is the equivalent to saying 'let's take Toni Kroos from Bayern.' It's not going to happen because Bayern are a top team and Kroos is very important to them.

Reus is a great player with a massive future ahead of him. But we're be blind to think Dortmund would even entertain offers.

Don't forget pep!!

Outside Barca, Pep didnt do anything yet. Vilanova is basicaly no one, but he is doing excelent at barca...Besides Bayern is already good, I doubt that with Pep they will be ten times better. Robbery is getting old too.

All im saying is that Borussia is Barca of Bundesliga while Bayern is Real. Borussia has nearly homegrown team with players who love club. On other hand, Bayern has no leader that would lead team in big matches. Lahm or Schweini are not Ballack. Thats why Bayern lost last two finals. Borussia also finished first in group with RM, City and Ajax. Dortmund is also mors likeable in last Years than Bayern. They deserve big respect!

Yeah Dortmund is such a fairytale but I am afraid I have to crack some wrinkles into it. .

Their personal costs are rising rapdily to the niveau of international top clubs, that will surely halt their progress. Dortmund have been rather instable after the loss of Kagawa. Reus should have been his direct replacement but has failed to be the playmaker they needed.

Clubs in germany (except bayern) are always very modest about their expectations, but Dormtund season has been disappointing. the signs might have been they were just replacing bayern as germans best team, but BAyern's political power reaches too far for that to happen. It is like ManUtd here only better hidden, but just as corrupt.

Bundesliga surely is no top 3 league, even if it appears this way in that ridiculous uefa ranking. The financial ressources of most bundesliga clubs are comparable to championship teams, bundesliga's advantage probably is the great youth system and their solidarity with their fellow frauds from the uefa. IMO also the success of spanish football is based on these two aspects, probably more on the latter than the former.

Back to Reus. Never gonna happen, reasons already pointed out. As for the player he is no winger, he is a striker simple as. He is rather like sturridge just better technically, more mature but not as fast. He is that kind of direct player who can also link up but the best he usually is at scoring. On his day he can rip Real madrid apart, but he often shoots bricks a whole game. But it Germany it is easier to shine than in England if u got the tools, cos u usually have not to play against the ref and one does not get bullied all the time. That of course is great for player development. i'd love to have him in the EPL. He is a weakling but also an unparalleled fighter. Nonetheless Germans have been rather reluctant to go to england as german football and german press got an private feud against the epl that is why he probably will stay in Dortmund, until Real madrid comes up for him.

Yeah Dortmund is such a fairytale but I am afraid I have to crack some wrinkles into it. .

Their personal costs are rising rapdily to the niveau of international top clubs, that will surely halt their progress. Dortmund have been rather instable after the loss of Kagawa. Reus should have been his direct replacement but has failed to be the playmaker they needed.

Clubs in germany (except bayern) are always very modest about their expectations, but Dormtund season has been disappointing. the signs might have been they were just replacing bayern as germans best team, but BAyern's political power reaches too far for that to happen. It is like ManUtd here only better hidden, but just as corrupt.

Bundesliga surely is no top 3 league, even if it appears this way in that ridiculous uefa ranking. The financial ressources of most bundesliga clubs are comparable to championship teams, bundesliga's advantage probably is the great youth system and their solidarity with their fellow frauds from the uefa. IMO also the success of spanish football is based on these two aspects, probably more on the latter than the former.

The problem is, what IS the third best league? Premier League and La Liga are clearly #1 and #2 in some order and while Italy used to be as good as any league in the world, absurd levels of corruption and much less money means that it just isn't at that level. I think the reason Bayern will dominate is simply money. Over the past 2 years, Bayern has spent around 95M pounds on transfers. That's three times more than any other team. You can't compete long-term while being outspent like that.

I remember at the end of last season when Dortmund won their league and someone suggested we raid them for Gotze, Lewandowski, Kagawa, Hummels etc.

It's quite an ignorant way of looking at things to be honest. Dortmund have built themselves a great team and are a top team which should be respected. Saying we should go for an important player like Reus is the equivalent to saying 'let's take Toni Kroos from Bayern.' It's not going to happen because Bayern are a top team and Kroos is very important to them.

Reus is a great player with a massive future ahead of him. But we're be blind to think Dortmund would even entertain offers.

Everything you just said can applied to Chelsea. That's why it annoys me when people whinge about Mata, Hazard, whoever leaving. It really shits my titts.

Everything you just said can applied to Chelsea. That's why it annoys me when people whinge about Mata, Hazard, whoever leaving. It really shits my titts.

No, completely different situations. we have bought some top talents that's it. but we got no team yet. Dortmund have a system and a menatlity that fits their players, their best asset is the chemistry between playing and coaching staff and the willingness of everyone to work for each other. that spirit is the major factor why players as Goetze, Blascykowski, Schmelzer or Pisczek have opted against a move lately.

We only got some great individuals and some off the rack standard tactics. But we are much richer than Dortmund, we can pay immense wages even for mediocre players that they usually try to stay with us as long as possible.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You