FA Youth Cup 2013

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should try and sign those twins. Would be better than Marin :lol:

Out of our team Boga and RLC look the one's with the best chance of breaking through. Feruz needs to sort himself out asap.

And that's the tie.

They've played to their strengths and deserved the win over the two legs. They're playing as a team and look like a well drilled, well organised side. Deserve respect imo.

of course, but they do their player's development no favour by not letting them play to theri technical potential. you can do this with pros, but with juniors? You have to learn to play before you have to learn to win. In Germany we probably got the best youth work in there is and our youth coaches do not give a shit about trophies. First priority is always to play cultivated, technical football.

of course, but they do their player's development no favour by not letting them play to theri technical potential. you can do this with pros, but with juniors? You have to learn to play before you have to learn to win. In Germany we probably got the best youth work in there is and our youth coaches do not give a shit about trophies. First priority is always to play cultivated, technical football.

I agree, although I haven't seen enough of this Norwich team to know if they're capable of playing another way. On the evidence of the two legs, it looks like they've had a game plan that you can't deny has worked. They've utilised their wingers well and their organisation has been great. Who knows, they may be this one-dimensional all season long though!

There's no doubt that our players are the technically superior side and are surely likely to be more successful in the long run. But they've been wasteful and haven't been able to cope with Norwich on the counter.

Another one bites the dust. No complaints.

Don't want people watching Feruz for the first time this youth cup to get the wrong impression. Dude is a lethal finisher but no idea what's happened to him lately. It's very weird because his movement is still good but just the finish is lacking quality. Doesn't even seem like confidence issues because he's still doing the same things and taking the same shots, just bizarre.

Created chances but not taking them. Dodgy defending. And trying to walk the ball into the net rather shooting when we can. The youth team have spent too much time with the 1st team!

And are we destined not to win anything this season? The first team have bottled 7 trophies this season and now the youth team have lost 2 finals. *sigh*

Feruz lost us the tie as far as I'm concerned. If he takes one of his many chances the game would've been so different.

Baker, RLC and Boga are the only ones that actually did themselves justice in the game. Aina was decent as well.

2 finals we've lost in this season. Damn shame, beaten in both by 2 very beatable teams.

Well done to Norwich however, even though we've obviously got the more talented side.

Don't want people watching Feruz for the first time this youth cup to get the wrong impression. Dude is a lethal finisher but no idea what's happened to him lately. It's very weird because his movement is still good but just the finish is lacking quality. Doesn't even seem like confidence issues because he's still doing the same things and taking the same shots, just bizarre.

He hasn't been taking his chances for a while now, not just in this game. Completely off form at the moment. Needs to prove himself again next season in my opinion.

Islam is looking like a flop of the year. One of the worst players through the whole campaign. He should score at least two goals in a first leg. Today, another shitty performance...

Don't be silly..overall he's still been one of the U18s, U19s and U21s best players this season. He has looked a bit off form recently, but 19 goals this season, and a hat-trick for Scotland U19s amongst other goals at international level, very encouraging.

He hasn't been taking his chances for a while now, not just in this game. Completely off form at the moment. Needs to prove himself again next season in my opinion.

Yeah, I didn't say this game, I said lately. He was our top scorer in Next Gen and he's still top scorer for our youth and reserve teams I think, just been completely off the last month of so.

Got back from the game about an hour ago. Obviously these are still young lads so I won't be too critical, but I really thought we could've won if we had just taken half of our chances (And in the first leg).

Nditi had an absolute horror show at LB, and was targeted by Norwich's pacey forward every time on the counter. Aina looked very good on the ball, great pace and delivered some decent crosses, especially in the first half. Boga looks very good but he drifts in and out of the game too much, needs to get more involved. If I was to pick one who will have the best future it would be the centre half Christensen. Obviously we conceded 3 goals but every time I've seen him he looks quality, fantastic on the ball, and can read the game well. Let down by the Cahill-esque Davey next to him.

At the end of the day when we did make chances we didn't take them, and Norwich were well organised and too tough to break down. Generally at youth level organisation and physicality trumps free flowing football. We have the better individuals but they are the better team. On a final note, their fans were fantastic. They brought down more than you'd usually get in league matches.