FA Youth Cup 2013

Football is so cruel for our youngsters recently. Firstly, 2 pens vs Aston Villa and today another one :(

Chelsea and fake penalties are one. Don't know what the hell is going on lately... Is Azpilicueta playing for the young team? :carlo:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame Davey for the penalty. He slipped and still tried to make the tackle with his head.

Thought we had the better of the game but were simply too wasteful in front of goal, and like everyone else I'm a little concerned about Feruz. He hasn't looked nearly as clinical as he has done previously but he still works his bollocks off up front alone. Got to give Norwich some credit for sitting back and hitting us on the counter for much of the game but we dominated that match for at least two-thirds of it and once again showed that we're turning out quality players who are comfortable on the ball and physically strong without it.

Yes the silverware is nice, but at this level it's all about creating players who can make it at this club, or at least have good careers elsewhere and I think we're doing that.

Thought the celebration was a bit much considering there's a second leg to come but it just shows what beating our academy means to clubs nowadays.

There's no doubt these lads have a lot of quality and are better than Norwich, some of the football was outstanding but they just seem a little big headed and over confident. I don't like Loftus-Cheek much, he didn't do anything good today at all nor in other games i've seen. His passing was wasteful, his dribbles got nowhere and that chance he mis-controlled at the end just summed his evenings work up.

We need to stop pissing about and be more professional and maybe show a bit more respect. That last minute goal was a kick up the arse and a good thing for the 2nd leg. We'll turn it around i'm sure quite comfortably if we play properly.

is not today the the 2nd leg of the final??

Yes and incase you were wondering coverage starts at 7:45 on ITV4 at tonight.
As usual I'll be watching again, but I hope that our boys will be more clinical this time round. Especially Islam Feruz because Iv'e heard so much about him, but everytime I watch him he just seems to miss so many chances.